Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Feel a bit sorry for Dean Smith...

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Praying that Rashica and Normann aren't out for long, as they are our best winger and centre mid respectively.

Rashica was a huge miss - Tzolis looks incredibly raw (well, in all honesty it doesn't look like he has much but he's not played a huge amount) - Sargent hasn't looked like he has quality but he's looked a handful in most games but not today - he's also unlikely to ever score a Premier League goal.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I could do, or I could just dig out your two week long man tantrum every month for five years.

🤣🤣🤣 you're on one tonight

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I could do, or I could just dig out your two week long man tantrum every month for five years.

Again, not at all incely behaviour.

You should spend more time with your made up kids and pregnant missus, much healthier than making a **** of yourself on an Internet forum.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Rashica was a huge miss - Tzolis looks incredibly raw (well, in all honesty it doesn't look like he has much but he's not played a huge amount) - Sargent hasn't looked like he has quality but he's looked a handful in most games but not today - he's also unlikely to ever score a Premier League goal.

I agree with you hoggy which is a rarity 🤣, rashica was a massive miss, tzolis looked startled really, Sargent does the defensive work brilliantly in my opinion, maybe swap him and max 😂.. tzolis is raw like you say, if he had played the same game time as Sargent or rashica I think we would see something completely different.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

8 points in 4 games, not sure what's to feel sorry for.  We had critical injuries tonight, were the better team and should've walked away winners.

The confidence is growing, I can only see progress personally.  It was awful only a few weeks ago, this is so much better, and players starting to grow into the team.

Add to that, we've come from behind TWICE... was a time when one goal was enough of an obstacle to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

You should spend more time with your made up kids and pregnant missus, much healthier than making a **** of yourself on an Internet forum.

Oooooohhhhh here comes another tantrum... titchydan23.

I think you are the one making a **** out of yourself now. Go to bed and try to calm yourself down. 😘

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Oooooohhhhh here comes another tantrum... titchydan23.

I think you are the one making a **** out of yourself now. Go to bed and try to calm yourself down. 😘

He's not going to sleep with you.

And if he did, you'd be unique among the human race.

• Like 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

He's not going to sleep with you.

And if he did, you'd be unique among the human race.

Think @TeemuVanBasten is putting his fishing rod away after he got you to bite again. Good night

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Think @TeemuVanBasten is putting his fishing rod away after he got you to bite again. Good night

I think it's you trying to get him to bite, you dirty old boy. Not that I'm here to kink shame.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I've made a t*t out of myself a few times on here.

But I'm honestly surprised you didn't take a year off and then come back with a new name after your two week long meltdown and the stance you adopted about Dean Smith, you even talked about not renewing your season ticket, I'm just glad you didn't embarrass us all by phoning talksport. 

Look listen here smarty pants, when an almost 24 year old player is moved away from the senior team to the U23 squad and told to train properly it is because they are a disruptive influence, when a player gets told they need to get fit and then come into the side 3 of 4 weeks later looking like its their first pre-season friendly on 1st July after a month in Ibiza.... its because they have a poor attitude.

Its Cantwell's career to f*ck up and he's doing a wonderful job, pretty much everybody else can see it, you are in the minority just like you were on the Farke issue. The ball is in his court but it won't be for long, Dean Smith has given him a lifeline, but this is a cut throat business and it is sink or swim... Cantwell is not an 18 year old on £2k a week, there isn't unlimited patience. 

We all want him to come in and contribute, but an increasingly small number of fans have any belief that he will. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are a very confused man canarydan23.You basically had a man tantrum when we sacked Farke, yet don't seem to trust his opinion when he bombed him out of the first team picture. 

Bizarre.

I mean at this point there isn't a window left in your glass house to throw a stone through. I almost want to call you the King of Irony at this point...

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You have have longer tantrums more regularly... Especially if someone posts on "your" thread...

So far the list of people who you clearly feel are inferior and deserve defamatory comments is growing. Canarydan is getting it this time...

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I've made a t*t out of myself a few times on here.

But I'm honestly surprised you didn't take a year off and then come back with a new name after your two week long meltdown and the stance you adopted about Dean Smith, you even talked about not renewing your season ticket, I'm just glad you didn't embarrass us all by phoning talksport. 

Look listen here ****, when an almost 24 year old player is moved away from the senior team to the U23 squad and told to train properly it is because they are a disruptive influence, when a player gets told they need to get fit and then come into the side 3 of 4 weeks later looking like its their first pre-season friendly on 1st July after a month in Ibiza.... its because they have a poor attitude.

Its Cantwell's career to f*ck up and he's doing a wonderful job, pretty much everybody else can see it, you are in the minority just like you were on the Farke issue. The ball is in his court but it won't be for long, Dean Smith has given him a lifeline, but this is a cut throat business and it is sink or swim... Cantwell is not an 18 year old on £2k a week, there isn't unlimited patience. 

No player is bigger than the club and I'm sure if Dean smith sees cantwell as a pain in the **** he'll be gone swiftly. Do people want the Dereham deco here for his whole career or do people want players in to try and establish us as a Premier league club??

1 minute ago, chicken said:

I mean at this point there isn't a window left in your glass house to throw a stone through. I almost want to call you the King of Irony at this point...

You have have longer tantrums more regularly... Especially if someone posts on "your" thread...

So far the list of people who you clearly feel are inferior and deserve defamatory comments is growing. Canarydan is getting it this time...

The only thing I get from him is entertainment, to be perfectly honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

The only thing I get from him is entertainment, to be perfectly honest.

Glad to hear it.

(But you aren't kidding anybody)

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Glad to have him and he's giving it a proper go. but let's be honest, he's not got a great deal to work with has he.

Lose two of his best players and we've got a Championship midfield.

Questions still need to be asked about the quality of our summer business. 

Expecting any 10mil signing to shine in this league is a big ask.  (Joelinton 40million) 

You said yourself he was without his 2 best players who were both signed in the summer

2 hours ago, chicken said:

I mean at this point there isn't a window left in your glass house to throw a stone through.

I really don't feel like anybody on this forum deserves another poster telling them that their kids aren't theirs chicken, as CanaryDan23 has done about half a dozen times now, just because they disagree about whether a manager should have been sacked or the current ability level of a footballer, but perhaps that's just me and you don't operate with a similar level of morality or decency? Evidently not.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Glad to hear it.

(But you aren't kidding anybody)

I'll stop now before you slide into my DMs again pleading to leave you alone before blocking me but not blocking me.

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I do really worry about you Canarydan23, you are clearly damaged.

These extreme insults of yours which come out of nowhere and have a common theme about paternity, kids, the contents of hard drives and people who are celibate obviously all come from a very dark place, just feel sorry for you really, and I just assume when you write stuff like this that you've experienced some sort of severe trauma in your own childhood. If a disagreement about the ability of a professional footballer on a football forum can swiftly lead your thoughts back down this dark path, then I can only really suggest you seek out psychological help?

I'm very sorry that your childhood was difficult or whatever, but lashing out at strangers like this with odd comments out of nowhere about their kids paternity or family life isn't the way to recover from that, its just extremely bizarre and worrying behaviour.

I'm not the creepy uncle who touched you, or the father who abandoned you and didn't pay your mum child support, I'm sorry about all the times the cupboards were empty. I'm not the ex-wife who made you think their child with another man was yours, whatever it is that has damaged you is not my fault and I'm not a qualified counseller or psychiatrist...  I simply can't be of any help, ask your GP. for a referral to professional services, especially if you think you might now be a danger to children yourself. Just stop talking about my wife and kids (yet again!), I'm here to talk about Norwich City.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lose two of his best players and we've got a Championship 

Lose Pukki and we have **** all up front too!  

It's going to be a true miracle if we survive.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Lose Pukki and we have **** all up front too!  

It's going to be a true miracle if we survive.

Yep, that is a huge concern also.

That's my main problem with Sargent really, that he was signed instead of a goalscorer. If we'd signed a goalscorer too then I'd probably consider Sargent to be a nice rough diamond to have around the squad, just not what we need for survival this season.

Tsoliz and Sargent both feel like signings for the future, and perhaps we really needed one of them to be a signing for today.

The issue is this.

We spent about £30m on three forward players that were supposed to make the difference for us. Sargent, Tzolis and Rashica.

Sargent and Tzolis look nowhere near the standard required in terms of the combination of physical, mental and technical attributes needed, as well as being hugely short of experience. They have scope to improve in time, but in the here and now, they are not going to get the goals and assists that we need to stay up.

Rashica is the most promising of the three, but after a third of the season has 0 goals and 1 assist.

These are the players that Webber has hung his hat on. But the reality is that our 32 year old free transfer striker is the only person giving us a sliver of a chance of staying up. 

For whatever reason, and some of it is obviously financial, the summer transfer business wasn't good enough and, whilst we still have an outside chance to stay up, we clearly have one of the three worst squads in this division. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beefy is a legend said:

The issue is this.

We spent about £30m on three forward players that were supposed to make the difference for us. Sargent, Tzolis and Rashica.

Sargent and Tzolis look nowhere near the standard required in terms of the combination of physical, mental and technical attributes needed, as well as being hugely short of experience. They have scope to improve in time, but in the here and now, they are not going to get the goals and assists that we need to stay up.

Rashica is the most promising of the three, but after a third of the season has 0 goals and 1 assist.

These are the players that Webber has hung his hat on. But the reality is that our 32 year old free transfer striker is the only person giving us a sliver of a chance of staying up. 

For whatever reason, and some of it is obviously financial, the summer transfer business wasn't good enough and, whilst we still have an outside chance to stay up, we clearly have one of the three worst squads in this division. 

This is spot on. For the hear and now our squad is nowhere near good enough. I've argued it since the summer and I have seen nothing to change my mind, but our first 11 is far weaker this season than last year and I really don't think the squad is any stronger based on the new signings. 

We have a wage structure we aren't willing to break and this has resulted in us splashing 60 plus million  on players who aren't an improvement on what was already here. We would have been far better off spending larger amounts on a few players. We could of had Ajer,  Billing, Raschica (looks like he's improving but still not setting the world alight) and Norman instead, with some money to throw at a champ or league 1 backup striker. This was not the season to gamble on unproven players with "potential". Surviving one season in the prem is more financially rewarding than hoping one or two of these prospects eventually excell and we can then sell them for 30m plus. 

I think the club needs a full blown review into our transfer business, its been poor in both prem seasons, for different reasons. I also would be keen to understand why we lost the key members from our scouting team this summer and it appears we have not replaced them. I worry Webber has too much control over identifying players. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

These extreme insults of yours which come out of nowhere and have a common theme about paternity, kids, the contents of hard drives and people who are celibate obviously all come from a very dark place, just feel sorry for you really, and I just assume when you write stuff like this that you've experienced some sort of severe trauma in your own childhood. If a disagreement about the ability of a professional footballer on a football forum can swiftly lead your thoughts back down this dark path, then I can only really suggest you seek out psychological help?

I'm very sorry that your childhood was difficult or whatever, but lashing out at strangers like this with odd comments out of nowhere about their kids paternity or family life isn't the way to recover from that, its just extremely bizarre and worrying behaviour.

I'm not the creepy uncle who touched you, or the father who abandoned you and didn't pay your mum child support, I'm sorry about all the times the cupboards were empty. I'm not the ex-wife who made you think their child with another man was yours, whatever it is that has damaged you is not my fault and I'm not a qualified counseller or psychiatrist...  I simply can't be of any help, ask your GP. for a referral to professional services, especially if you think you might now be a danger to children yourself. Just stop talking about my wife and kids (yet again!), I'm here to talk about Norwich City.

Siri, show me a classic example of projection...

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm not the creepy uncle who touched you, or the father who abandoned you and didn't pay your mum child support, I'm sorry about all the times the cupboards were empty. I'm not the ex-wife who made you think their child with another man was yours, whatever it is that has damaged you is not my fault and I'm not a qualified counseller [sic] or psychiatrist...  I simply can't be of any help, ask your GP. for a referral to professional services, especially if you think you might now be a danger to children yourself. Just stop talking about my wife and kids (yet again!), I'm here to talk about Norwich City.

This much is evident, but it might be an idea to get one to help prevent you from exploding so frequently on a football forum. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But how have we left ourselves this reliant on an almost 32 year old striker who picks up injuries now and again, who exactly leads the line when Pukki has a few weeks out with a groin or hamstring strain when we try playing him for 90 minutes twice a week over the congested Christmas period?

Tzolis and Rashica can both cover centre forward.  Would like to say Sargent too... But... well.. y'know. 🙂

I do agree that we need to bolster, however, we're between windows right now, as long as we're around this position or better in January we can look at bringing someone in.   Really wasn't expecting Josh to be as poor as he is, so it's not as though we haven't tried to bring someone in - but he's either so low on confidence or a fraud in the game.

Idah with a few games under his belt may provide us something..  You just never know until players get a run in the team what they're capable of.  For example, We've got Rupp turning players in midfield right now, and surging forward on the ball.

Truth is, many other teams who've spent far more money than us are still reliant on a single player.  Watford & Sarr, Newcastle & Maximin, Ronaldo digging out Man Utd results, what would Liverpool be without Salah?  

Looking longterm for the season, we're now competing on the field and it's only been 2 weeks since Smith arrived - Rashica has already excelled, we have Cantwell to come in, Placheta has the potential to be a real threat if Smith feeds him into open spaces, Tzolis another player that needs more gametime. 

We can create in plenty of other areas as we're able to dominate periods of the game and that only breeds confidence and fluidity in attacking plays.  We just need to get to that point per game mark, ignore all other noise.  As Smith said, if you don't win then don't lose, and that's basics of surviving.

• Like 1

Shows how far we've already come under Smith. We were poor against Newcastle yet came away with a point, kept the momentum, now undefeated in 4, and we were without arguably our three main creative offensive threats in Cantwell, Rashica and Normann. We're all sat here now feeling disappointed. 3 weeks ago, it would have been an amazing result had we faced money bags Newcastle without Normann in the side.

Edited by Michael Starr

The frustrating thing about last night was just how disciplined and rigid our play was. Sure 11 vs 11 you're happy to settle down and watch a hard earned gritty point away from home but I felt we were just too scared to give the ball away so we didn't try anything ambitious.

This was until there was 15 mins left when we then moved the ball around with far more purpose. Before that, every pass was 5 or 10 yards to the bloke next to him and then a pause on the ball while they struggled to think what to do next. Oh what a bit of Mathias "hollywood" Normann would have done with all that space!

Thats what we've sorely missed since Emi left, someone to take games like that by the scruff of their neck and pull something from nowhere. We saw a glimpse of Normann do it vs Brentford where he just ran through their midfield and actually had a go but we need to see it more. I think we are still a bit shell-shocked by how abysmal our defence was for the first few games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

The frustrating thing about last night was just how disciplined and rigid our play was. Sure 11 vs 11 you're happy to settle down and watch a hard earned gritty point away from home but I felt we were just too scared to give the ball away so we didn't try anything ambitious.

I don't know what his fitness levels were like, and this might have been the issue, but I'm surprised we didn't bring Dowell on as a number 10 once we had the numerical advantage. 

But Dean Smith will still be learning his squad won't he, and it is often more difficult to play against 10 men as the opposition tightens up and its difficult to find gaps. Unfortunately I think we lack a flair player of the standard of Hoolahan or Buendia to pick the lock when the opposition sits so deep. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten