Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Feel a bit sorry for Dean Smith...

Glad to have him and he's giving it a proper go. but let's be honest, he's not got a great deal to work with has he.

Lose two of his best players and we've got a Championship midfield.

Questions still need to be asked about the quality of our summer business. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing we have the January transfer window so we can strengthen.. Wait what was that about Webber saying we dont have any money for new transfers?

Perhaps we can con somebody into paying for Cantwell.

He’s not going to tell the world we have lots of money is he. I do agree we are pretty light in the forward areas, badly need Rashica and Pukki to keep fit and one of Cantwell, Dowell or Sargent to kick on. 

Yeah fair point - surely we’d have won that with Normann and Rashica / Cantwell. 

Even so, I think he will probably think he could’ve made better use of the squad available to him today. 

8 points in 4 games, not sure what's to feel sorry for.  We had critical injuries tonight, were the better team and should've walked away winners.

The confidence is growing, I can only see progress personally.  It was awful only a few weeks ago, this is so much better, and players starting to grow into the team.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Do you remember the days when we were thinking we'd get £30m+ each for Cantwell and Aarons? 

Could really do with a cash injection of that sort for January, fat chance of it now though. 

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

8 points in 4 games

37.5% of those points were Farke's.

I worry that Farke might actually win more away games for Norwich than Dean Smith this season. He won't have an easier opportunity to get three points away from home than he had tonight for as long as he is a football manager.

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Do you remember the days when we were thinking we'd get £30m+ each for Cantwell and Aarons? 

Could really do with a cash injection of that sort for January, fat chance of it now though. 

I have no idea what is going on with Aarons, its since he shaved his hair off - maybe he needs to grow it back.

Cantwell is finished, if anybody offers us a few million in January then just take it - I honestly think he's destined for a career as an average Championship and League One journeyman now, good as a crowd pleaser with the odd moment of magic but not got the mentality or attitude to succeed at the top, he's the new Lee Tomlin. Cut our losses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

8 points in 4 games, not sure what's to feel sorry for.  We had critical injuries tonight, were the better team and should've walked away winners.

The confidence is growing, I can only see progress personally.  It was awful only a few weeks ago, this is so much better, and players starting to grow into the team.

Not convinced that performance will have done anything to improve confidence... the players will be in no doubt the quality was clearly lacking and you simply can't afford to drop points in the situation we found ourselves, no excuses, the lads should have upped the intensity big time and ripped them apart with some bravery going forward but to be honest, it was limp!   ... Sargent couldn't even get Tzolis' simple cross on target from two yards, PLM misses an absolute sitter at the end, nowhere near enough opportunities created.. awful sequence of passing around the opponents box.   They were poor, we blew that! 

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Look I'm pleased that Smith is giving us a shot in the arm and that we're giving every game a go, its a breathe of fresh air.

But how have we left ourselves this reliant on an almost 32 year old striker who picks up injuries now and again, who exactly leads the line when Pukki has a few weeks out with a groin or hamstring strain when we try playing him for 90 minutes twice a week over the congested Christmas period?

There isn't sufficient depth in quality in some areas of the pitch, I think we need 3 players in January and yet I can't see anybody we can get serious money for in January to fund it, I suppose we might still find a taker for Aarons but I can't see it being £40m, much closer to half that.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

he's the new Lee Tomlin.

Oh yeah, Lee Tomlin, I remember when he managed to score half a dozen Premier League goals in a season in a team that came rock bottom....

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Oh yeah, Lee Tomlin, I remember when he managed to score half a dozen Premier League goals in a season in a team that came rock bottom....

You can remember when DJ Campbell scored 13 though can't you. 

He can't dine out forever on looking half decent in a very poor team two years ago, his form was very patchy in the Championship last season and he's looked well below the required standard so far this season.

You can disagree, that's fine, but only one man can prove me right or wrong... and that's Todd Cantwell.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You can remember when DJ Campbell scored 13 though can't you. 

Are DJ Campbell and Lee Tomlin the same person? I've never seen them in a room together after all.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Are DJ Campbell and Lee Tomlin the same person? I've never seen them in a room together after all.

Just remember that Pilkington scored 8 and then 6 in Cantwell's position in our team in this league, and never played in the Premier League again after leaving. 

He was also better than Cantwell, what with him being ambidextrous. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just remember that Pilkington scored 8 and then 6 in Cantwell's position in our team in this league, and never played in the Premier League again after leaving. 

He was also better than Cantwell, what with him being ambidextrous. 

Then maybe compare him to Pilkington or DJ Campbell? Because if you compare him to Lee Tomlin you look like a bit of an idiot.

And neither DJ Campbell or Anthony Pilkington played in League One after their successful Premier League stints, but don't let that get in the way of you thinking you've made a brilliant point. You can leave that to logic.

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Then maybe compare him to Pilkington or DJ Campbell? Because if you compare him to Lee Tomlin you look like a bit of an idiot.

Not at all, I'm talking about his future as a Championship journeyman like Lee Tomlin following his abject failure to apply himself at this level this season..

I don't feel like it would be fair on Pilkington to compare him with Cantwell, because we got two good seasons out of Pilkington in this league and both helped us considerably towards achieving mid-table finishes.

Cantwell looked alright in our worst ever top tier side (statistically) and then went completely missing in our hour of need. I think we should wash our hands with him and persevere with Sargent and Tsoliz, they will improve and come without all the drama and baggage, cut him loose and wish him luck.

I don't consider it particularly likely that Cantwell will kick another ball in the Premier League after leaving us. 

It would be good if he proved me wrong, but only he can do that, I'm just saying that I don't think he will. 

Three weeks from Farke going public about his need to train hard to going into Dean Smith's first starting XI and looking out of breathe within 20 minutes. He's done, and it is down to him. We need the right characters in the first team squad for a relegation battle, not players who go missing.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

And neither DJ Campbell or Anthony Pilkington played in League One after their successful Premier League stints, but don't let that get in the way of you thinking you've made a brilliant point. You can leave that to logic.

Anthony Pilkington literally played a League One game 10 days ago you complete melt,

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Anthony Pilkington literally played a League One game 10 days ago you complete melt,

Well that definitely proves Cantwell will become "an average Championship and League One journeyman". Well done.

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Cantwell is finished, if anybody offers us a few million in January then just take it - I honestly think he's destined for a career as an average Championship and League One journeyman now, good as a crowd pleaser with the odd moment of magic but not got the mentality or attitude to succeed at the top, he's the new Lee Tomlin. Cut our losses.

Or our new alex Pritchard 😬... leaves us for a prem team if we go down and then, we all know the rest 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Well that definitely proves Cantwell will become "an average Championship and League One journeyman". Well done.

You are a very confused man canarydan23.

You basically had a man tantrum when we sacked Farke, yet don't seem to trust his opinion when he bombed him out of the first team picture. 

Bizarre.

I don't think you quite understand the concept of a prediction canarydan23, you don't have to immediately "prove" a prediction, it is proven right or wrong with time. You really are a bit thick aren't you. 

I predict that Cantwell will have a career as a Championship journeyman, you think that he's got a future in the Premier League. And the smart people will lean towards agreeing with me when they think with their heads and not their hearts.

Bookmark and refer back to this in 5 years, that's really the only place this exchange can go.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

Or our new alex Pritchard 😬... leaves us for a prem team if we go down and then, we all know the rest 🤣

Not a terrible comparison, only caveat is that Pritchard did have a bad injury history (even before joining us) so wear and tear is partly to blame for his decline.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not a terrible comparison, only caveat is that Pritchard did have a bad injury history (even before joining us) so wear and tear is partly to blame for his decline.

As we know cantwell has his personal issues too 👀 so we are/where lead to believe... Pritchard had so much potential, think even he over hyped himself bit like cantwell does, look at his instagram if yoh have it 

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are a very confused man canarydan23.

You basically had a man tantrum when we sacked Farke, yet don't seem to trust his opinion when he bombed him out of the first team picture. 

Bizarre.

I don't think you quite understand the concept of a prediction canarydan23, you don't have to immediately "prove" a prediction, it is proven right or wrong with time. You really are a bit thick aren't you. 

I predict that Cantwell will have a career as a Championship journeyman, you think that he's got a future in the Premier League. And the smart people will lean towards agreeing with me when they think with their heads and not their hearts.

Bookmark and refer back to this in 5 years, that's really the only place this exchange can go.

Spot on. This man's speaking the truth 

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Or you can get hard to the PinkUn search function and dig it out in 5 years time, behaviour that isn't at all incely.

Dean Smith knew the squad he had to work with. Like any of the bottom 5 or 6 sides, you only need to take a couple of key players out of any of those sides and they'll look devoid of quality, it's not just us. 

• Like 1

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Or you can get hard to the PinkUn search function and dig it out in 5 years time

I could do, or I could just dig out your two week long man tantrum every month for five years.

Just now, hogesar said:

Dean Smith knew the squad he had to work with. Like any of the bottom 5 or 6 sides, you only need to take a couple of key players out of any of those sides and they'll look devoid of quality, it's not just us. 

Praying that Rashica and Normann aren't out for long, as they are our best winger and centre mid respectively.