Sign in to follow this  
Normann for Norfolk

How poor is Sargent?

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'm trying to like him Branston but his touch is so so poor at times.

OTBC

There’s many who aren’t.  He wasn’t at his best tonight but people are forgetting all too quickly how he helped turn the Saints game

• Like 1

I like Sargent a lot when he is without the ball and running towards our goal  some distance away from their box. You want to cheer him tracking back. He is a peculiar player. I see him turn the tide in some matches and be out of place in others.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

There’s many who aren’t.  He wasn’t at his best tonight but people are forgetting all too quickly how he helped turn the Saints game

Oh I for one haven't forgotten. And I'll be cheering him on again when he next plays..but boy does he need some coaching. And fast.

OTBC

12 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Said it on the thread he looks better when we’re against better teams and needs to press from the front. But he can’t shoot, can’t cross, can’t head, has an awful touch and doesn’t make intelligent runs. On the right wing. What is Deano supposed to do with him?

Yeah but apart from that.....

Some of you are way out of line. No player did particularily well tonight. He wasn't the worst by any means.

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Did he or is he just slightly better? Not convinced with Idah.

Nor me , but he did look like he knew what he wanted  to do, sometimes it came off. Sargent tonight  looked  flustered,  too eager , no control or precision.  

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

League one standard. 
last time I felt like this watching a player was James Husband. Fast forward a year and he was at that exact level. Though he is young so might improve. 

can we get a refund? That cash would be handy in January for a much needed replacement 

5w4pf4.jpg

17 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

I think he had a shot from 2 feet out and it was on target, but hit Jamal Lewis' leg. Classed as a shot on target?

You need to look at that again, if it would reach, it was going out for a throw in!     Absolutely nowhere near in the direction of the goal.  Absolute sitter unchallenged.       

Some are unconvinced by Idah but he has goal instincts in him, is a handful and can finish but has never been given a run in the team, Sargent has come straight in and been given plenty of games.... suspect Idah would prove a much better option given that degree of opportunity.    

Josh reminds me of Emule Heskey, lots of running and effort but lacks quality, technique and creativity ... its unlikely we can improve him to the level required and a wonder how they scouted him!   

39 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

I think he had a shot from 2 feet out and it was on target, but hit Jamal Lewis' leg. Classed as a shot on target?

You didn't expect him to score did you ?!! After a dozen matches it's obvious what he brings to the team - he's not a footballer !

When I see him bearing down on goal - my mind clicks to the next facet of play ! I certainly don't entertain any notion a goal will be scored.

7 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Some are unconvinced by Idah but he has goal instincts in him, is a handful and can finish but has never been given a run in the team, Sargent has come straight in and been given plenty of games.... suspect Idah would prove a much better option given that degree of opportunity.    

Josh reminds me of Emule Heskey, lots of running and effort but lacks quality, technique and creativity ... its unlikely we can improve him to the level required and a wonder how they scouted him!   

I agree with this, hindsight is a wonderful thing but it feels like the club botched Idah's development from when he broke through with the hat trick against Preston in the cup nearly 2 years ago. I realise that injuries hampered him last year but he hasn't played anywhere near as much as he should. The problem with Sargent is that he's currently playing in a position which seems unnatural to him. He doesn't look comfortable running with the ball, and I don't expect him to find a defence splitting pass either. However, when Aarons would get forward and he would drift inside for a cross, he never seemed to be in a good place to attack the ball. Compare this to Idah for our goal, who had found himself in space at the back post for Gilmour to cross to, forcing the keeper to come out and punch.

No one can argue that he doesn't put a full shift in, but he just looks completely out of his depth at this level. His first touch is woeful, and usually results in him losing possession.

I like the lad for his work ethic and sincerely hope it is just a lack of confidence, that will be helped with a goal and/or some good coaching, but I am yet to see much of a natural scoring ability.

Surgent simply not look like forward and definitely not look like have goals on him.

Also never look like him and Pukki have exchange passes or play as pair at all.

Teemu play incredible amount of games lately for us and Finland and with his pressing game I not see how this man will keep play 85 90 min every round for us!

Idah is hopeless and Sergent no goals and not treat at all to lead the line so we badly need to make something in this area in January .

We was lucky today with missing our 2 key players to face Newcastle playing 85 min with man down, otherwise I not see how this approach can hurt Magpies on counter ...

8 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

You need to look at that again, if it would reach, it was going out for a throw in!     Absolutely nowhere near in the direction of the goal.  Absolute sitter unchallenged.       

Yes he should have scored that. Any decent contact in the right direction and he would have. 

8 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Webber pretty much said they scouted him on the basis of his running stats being off the charts didn’t he?