Sign in to follow this  
Normann for Norfolk

How poor is Sargent?

League one standard. 
last time I felt like this watching a player was James Husband. Fast forward a year and he was at that exact level. Though he is young so might improve. 

can we get a refund? That cash would be handy in January for a much needed replacement 

I have defended him so far but he was gash tonight. Anything technicall he was asked to do he made a complete hash of. He's lucky that chance in the first half went straight into Lewis which saved it from looking quite as bad as it was but he was horrific.

Thought Sargent looked clueless and ineffective all game. Didnt link with Aarons at all. Offered no threat either.

Looks nowhere near £8m

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

League one standard. 
last time I felt like this watching a player was James Husband. Fast forward a year and he was at that exact level. Though he is young so might improve. 

can we get a refund? That cash would be handy in January for a much needed replacement 

I disagree; I think he could cut it in the Championship currently.

However, his touch, awareness and movement is so poor at times...I'm not sure we can improve him enough in those areas to make a difference to our season.

OTBC

30 minutes ago, Normann for Norfolk said:

Worst buy ever - discuss........

Not a great game today but too early to say. We need to see if Smith can develop him. The club must have seen something in him, but I must admit I haven’t seen it yet

he's like a defender up front. Good at winning the ball and pressing, but not so good at any skills needed to create chances. I seem to remember a nice turn and shot against Leicester or Watford I think? But other than that he either keeps it simple or completely fluffs it. Mind you he's probably devoid of confidence and this thread might not help that

• Like 1

I still think there’s a player in him.  Not sure this game suited him tonight, looks like he’s better when we press and works back hard.  That wasn’t required tonight, but would have been the assumed game plan.  
Idah came on, linked up well and made the difference in the end.  That was encouraging. 

An absolute shocker tonight. Not sure where we go with him because we don't have time for him to come good. He's had time on the pitch but is getting worse not better.

If we can somehow stay in this league then I would loan him out. 

Some of these comments are a f**king joke 

the other week he was our saviour 

talk about fickle 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Poor sod.. we bought him when he clearly isn't a premiership player. He tries but just isn't good enough. Webber's fault not his...

Disappointed with Sargent he looks like he's lacking confidence and isn't up to the punishing Premier League.....I think an off the bench asset when the opposition is flagging would be his role.....Either that or overtime in training to try and inject some mojo into him.....

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wheres Josh Martin at? Can't do any worse!

He's busy not getting a look in at MK Dons

Said it on the thread he looks better when we’re against better teams and needs to press from the front. But he can’t shoot, can’t cross, can’t head, has an awful touch and doesn’t make intelligent runs. On the right wing. What is Deano supposed to do with him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ah - looks like we have a nailed on winner for the season’s scapegoat….

Hardly- his effort has been praised at times but it is simply fair to point out that in terms of technical skill he looks way short of what is required at this level. Poor first touch and panics when in space 

1 minute ago, Normann for Norfolk said:

Can’t trap a ball, can’t pass accurately, no composure in front of goal........cannot understand why he’s still getting picked. Idah really made a difference when he got his chance

Did he or is he just slightly better? Not convinced with Idah.