Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Is this the worst, most biased commentary of all time?

"We just need to get through to half time..." Amongst others. Has there ever been a less professional commentary?

It makes me want to cancel Prime - how can you have  a club legend as the co-commentator if you have any pretence as of objectivity?

• Like 3

Not far off. Got sheeeeeeeeera on here, motd pundit, automatically hates norwich and a castle legend 

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Half time, let’s go to Geordie referee Mark Clattenburgh 😁

It's Clattenburg.

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It's Clattenburg.

40 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Half time, let’s go to Geordie referee Mark Clattenburgh 😁

An extra H for hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No.

OTBC

Care to give me any other examples (other than internationals) when the commentator has said:

"We just need to get to half time" or "It would be just our luck?"

Just one will do....

He’s Newcastle through and through. I don’t blame him for that. I thought his comments were very fair in that context. Don’t get the upset to be honest, not Shearers fault they booked him.

• Like 1

Just now, Badger said:

Care to give me any other examples (other than internationals) when the commentator has said:

"We just need to get to half time" or "It would be just our luck?"

Just one will do....

Why does it matter? I don’t really care about a couple of slips, it’s not news to anyone that’s he’s a Newcastle man. Overall he was mostly very fair and even corrected a couple of fouls for Newcastle that he didn’t think were fouls / should’ve gone our way.

Norwich are 3 points ahead of where we were 10 games in during are last Prem season.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

"We just need to get through to half time..." Amongst others. Has there ever been a less professional commentary?

It makes me want to cancel Prime - how can you have  a club legend as the co-commentator if you have any pretence as of objectivity?

You’ve obviously never heard Danny Mills commentate on a Norwich game!

I was actually pleasantly surprised, feared the worst when they said he was commentating but thought he was ok on balance.

If you want biased listen to Robbie Savage during any Man U game on BTSport- dreadful.

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No Badger. I really can't be f*cked to do that. You win. Have a w ank on me. Or over me.

OTBC

I guess that's an ungraceful way of admitting that you're wrong. 😳

I don't really understand why you have to be quite so crude about it though?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Why does it matter? I don’t really care about a couple of slips, it’s not news to anyone that’s he’s a Newcastle man. Overall he was mostly very fair and even corrected a couple of fouls for Newcastle that he didn’t think were fouls / should’ve gone our way.

Fair enough.

I can't imagine many Liverpool fans being happy with a Manchester United co-commentator and a Manchester United expert summariser at halftime.

But there you go  - I suppose you're happy with "little old Norwich." We seem to think we don't deserve the respect that "the big teams" get. 🤯

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I was actually pleasantly surprised, feared the worst when they said he was commentating but thought he was ok on balance.

If you want biased listen to Robbie Savage during any Man U game on BTSport- dreadful.

Does he use personal pronouns?

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Fair enough.

I can't imagine many Liverpool fans being happy with a Manchester United co-commentator and a Manchester United expert summariser at halftime.

But there you go  - I suppose you're happy with "little old Norwich." We seem to think we don't deserve the respect that "the big teams" get. 🤯

Sorry Badger was a bit harsh in my previous post.

As long as the commentary is fine then I don’t mind, I didn’t feel we were poorly assessed by Shearer at all. In fact I thought we were much worse than he articulated but I respect he isn’t allowed to swear… It’s not like he’s being asked to referee the game anything so I don’t really mind. 

However it did seem that nearly all of the build up (that I saw) was centred around Newcastle which was a bit rubbish.

Yeah well, we were ****, that's all.  

But hey ho, up to 18th.  If we can do that when we're ****, what can we do when we're good?   

If ever ......😐

Edited by shefcanary

2 hours ago, king canary said:

So true, but to be fair I quite like the one-sided English team commentary in the CL as I like seeing the English teams do well - obviously can appreciate that anyone who doesn’t favour the English teams might not agree though…

2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

No Badger. I really can't be f*cked to do that. You win. Have a w ank on me. Or over me.

OTBC

You’ll end up going blind. 

I was on another stream. They were highly critical of Smith subbing Giannoulis for Williams. 10 minutes later he assisted Pukki. Amusing