KiwiScot

*****Offical Lappinitup Match Thread*****

I agree that we should have won the game, but on the other hand I feel very harsh to blame any individual. I dont think anyone really performed badly individually. We just lacked a player who can break the tight deep defensive lines or change the tempo when needed. Maybe we have that in Normann, Rashica or Cantwell. Clearly our players suit more for counter pressing and we will get chance to play that way soon enough. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RobJames said:

And as if by magic around a minute later the 'aged' Pukki blasts one into the back of the net. And continuing with that magic theme, Dean Coneys boots disappears. Much as Keith Scott (and others) have done.

In what sense did I disappear. You clearly cannot read as I was cheering a magnificent assist from Gianoullis - and the goal- just a few posts later

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Missed that one due to power-cut - but by all accounts yes.

Getting relegated boys. Too many dropped points

Living up to your name there buddy 👍

4 minutes ago, RobJames said:

And as if by magic around a minute later the 'aged' Pukki blasts one into the back of the net. And continuing with that magic theme, Dean Coneys boots disappears. Much as Keith Scott (and others) have done.

That was the first time for a while Pukki has struck the ball with force in a shot. 
I think Pukki has lost some of his edge since way back to the foot injury. 
Yes he is missing some service but there have been enough chances this season that the two plus years ago Pukki would have scored as he was sharper. 

7 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Not just the penalties but Pukki was wrongly flagged offside by the linesman who should have kept his flag down to let play run and the ball drops to Rupp in a 3 on 1 situation to us

My stream went down so I missed the penalty shouts. But yes, lino is not supposed to flag in that situation.

Penalty call was correct, but a few irregularities in the officialdom today

22 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Agree. I thought Max had been deliberately curtailed for defensive solidity, but he rarely got to the by-line tonight like we know he can. Number of times I was shouting f*cking cross it! Get it in the box!. Must be how they have been deliberately coached. Yes we're not the biggest up front, but how else do you get the ball in the net? Crossing is still the most effective way of scoring

Yes. He seemed to be still looking always for 1 2 pass or similar but no end product (cross etc)

Frustratingly pedantic. The missing three would have made all the difference, even without the man off.

Newcastle packed their defence. That Joelinton (a £40m striker) was Shaerer's MoM for his all-round (defensive) play sums it up.

Lees-Mellou? What a chance! Another Sargent moment of side-footing it rather than really hitting it.

Penalty? Unlucky more than anything else. Wouldn't have been a penalty in my day, Del Boy!

Number one need in January = a decent striker with some pedigree. Probably beyond our financial capabilities though.

Edited by BroadstairsR

12 minutes ago, RobJames said:

How anyone is criticising Pukki is totally beyond me. We're so lucky to have him... the one player of real quality we have!

19 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That was shambolic for 75 minutes, Gilmour and McLean dreadful in midfield, Sargent just isn't good enough, I'd be tempted to see what Kamara can offer. Williams was shocking, game changed when Giannoulis came on. 

We can't keep relying on Pukki to save us. 

Going down playing like that. 

Partly disagree about Williams. I thought he was very good defensively and did a good job on Saint Maximin, who is a real handful. He offered almost nothing going forward, though. 

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

So you dont think we're getting relegated?

Not by December, no.

20 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Nah still Leeds and Watford for me, gifted 3 points in winnable games to teams that we will be in competition for 17th.

Watford game was a sucker punch. When we equalised I thought we looked like we'd go on and win it, but Watford ruthlessly exposed our naivity.

Leeds, well, cant do that against anyone. Far too many games where we have only ourselves to blame.

****. Leeds with a 93rd minute winner. And that is why tonight feels more like a loss than a draw in the circumstances. We’ve now lost ground when we should have capitalised 

Edited by Virtual reality

49 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

As bad as we've been the officials have been even worse. This has been an awful night of football

Are you talking about penalty shouts? My stream dropped out so I didnt see any penalty claims

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Are you talking about penalty shouts? My stream dropped out so I didnt see any penalty claims

Two blatant penalties for handball not given by VAR 

13 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

How anyone is criticising Pukki is totally beyond me. We're so lucky to have him... the one player of real quality we have!

Don’t think anyone is criticising him just pointing out he is getting no younger and needs a bit of help up front. 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Don’t think anyone is criticising him just pointing out he is getting no younger and needs a bit of help up front. 

He isnt getting any younger but his performances are as good as always imo. Agreed he definitely needs help.

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Grrr. Gonna have to wait for the highlights I guess. Though why Id watch I have no idea - just angers up the blood!

This is the first one. Not got a clip of the second but I doubt MOTD will show it. Was a cross to Idah about 15 mins from the end 

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

This is the first one. Not got a clip of the second but I doubt MOTD will show it. Was a cross to Idah about 15 mins from the end 

F*ck me. How does that not get given in the same game and by the same refereeing team that gave the Gilmour one? (also, how'd you get that clip?!)

Id like a referee to explain why one is a penalty and the other isnt. Gilmour's is a penalty - arm extended, ball goalbound hits the arm and changes trajectory. So explain why this isnt a penalty when its the exact same thing. VAR is supposed to stop the inconsitency. Seems to cause nothing but controversy

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

4 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Covid related apparently?.....

Ever feel like they're running out of excuses to explain Todd's absence?

Family matters, Personal Reasons, injury, Covid. What's next? Dog ate his homework? Maybe he's going to do a James Rodriguez

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

5 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

F*ck me. How does that not get given in the same game and by the same refereeing team that gave the Gilmour one? (also, how'd you get that clip?!)

I don't see where it hits his hand...

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Ever feel like they're running out of excuses to explain Todd's absence?

Family matters, Personal Reasons, injury, Covid. What's next? Dog ate his homework?

Doesn't like flying?.....