KiwiScot

*****Offical Lappinitup Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I'd want Dowell on

Need to be feeding Pukki and can use his dead ball delivery as well. 

• Like 1

Watching that first half was like watching Sargent miss the open goal versus Brighton spread out over the course of 45 minutes. Painful!

We can’t be that bad second half. 

• Haha 5

Maybe I'm soft but I feel shocking is a bit harsh.

Smith will have set the team up today looking to be solid and likely hit Newcastle on the counter, keep it tight, get the crowd on their back and take advantage. The sending off has totally changed that and the team is having to adjust. Hopefully the half time break allows Smith to switch things up a little bit and send the team out to play on the front foot with a bit more pace. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

We're a bit sh*t really arent we? Cant see anything on the bench that could come on and improve this. Need a playmaker like Buendia. Such a shame we're missing Rashica and Normann. We're REALLY missing them

Shows our lack of depth.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Dowell, Idah and Placheta. Somebody has got to provide something

Dowell on as number 10, Rupp off for me.

Placheta on if Sargent doesn't show some signs of life.

8 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Why the **** is Alan Shearer a commentator? I thought that it was supposed to be impartial..... And he's not at all. 

Never liked that ** 

To be fair I think he’s been pretty impartial, obviously wants Newcastle to win but he’s been fair to us in his assessments from what I’ve heard.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Toon. Clark got sent off in 9th min for tugging Pukki back when 1 on 1 with keeper 

Yeah I know....I was being sarcastic.....

• Like 1

Tzolis poor one side and Sargent the other.

Certainly missing Rashica.

Rupp holding onto the ball too long, but not much movement to encourage the early pass in all honesty.

• Like 3

Are the players asleep? Passing it around and keeping it well but look like they can hardly be botherd to try and trouble the keeper, and nevermind making a run a slow jog looks about as good as it gets for them right now!

Let's hope for a Smith kick up the backside team talk like the one at Southampton

Poor first half, had plenty of the ball but nothing to show for it so far. 

We have defended well when they try to counter but we have to be careful as they have the trump card in Saint-Maximin who can catch out any side.

Would like to see us up our intensity in the 2nd Half and judging from Smith's game management so far I believe we will come out a bit braver in possession.

OTBC!!!

There seems to be an assumption that this should be an automatic three points because of the red card. Newcastle are doing what you would expect, getting behind the ball and defending solidly. They can look good going forward but they’ve had no shots on target so far. Yes, we will need to speed up in the second half but we’re playing it sensibly for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Absolutely! Refs been appalling. That offside flag was bizarre. It’s a marginal call that could have resulted in a mistake. 

…but not as appalling as the Norwich players going forward…

Newcastle have a big pitch which should play to our advantage by exploiting the space on the outside. But we are playing way too slow and with no intensity. We are creating no pressure on their backline. Newcastle may be happy to sit in for a point. 

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Smith will have set the team up today looking to be solid and likely hit Newcastle on the counter, keep it tight, get the crowd on their back and take advantage. The sending off has totally changed that and the team is having to adjust. Hopefully the half time break allows Smith to switch things up a little bit and send the team out to play on the front foot with a bit more pace. 

Unusually, that.

Agreed. We look like a team set up to play on the break and suddenly we have possession. We have no idea what to do once we get to their box. Smith needs to work some magic at half time.

Its not been as poor as some are making out but lacking a bit of pace and urgency.

• Like 1

Shearer is really annoying me for one. Our performance for two. Hope Dean reorganise them as they're there for the taking. 

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

We're a bit sh*t really arent we? Cant see anything on the bench that could come on and improve this. Need a playmaker like Buendia. Such a shame we're missing Rashica and Normann. We're REALLY missing them

We are missing them but we're playing a ten man team without a win this season.

Should be doing better than this.