Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Your Newcastle predictions

15 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Well who else are they going to play given that Matt Richie is suspended?

Fair play, that's good news then because I think Lewis is a complete liability - Rashica and Max down that right side then.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Matt Ritchie's suspended for this game due to yellow cards though, so Lewis is probably going to come in if he's fit.

Bit confused, you pressed 'like' on Christoph Stiepermann's post, so you knew it existed, but then decided to repeat it anyway. Still, that's good news, because Lewis is sh*t and flogging him for £15m is Webber's best bit of business.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fair play, that's good news then because I think Lewis is a complete liability - Rashica and Max down that right side then.

Bit confused, you pressed 'like' on Christoph Stiepermann's post, so you knew it existed, but then decided to repeat it anyway. Still, that's good news, because Lewis is sh*t and flogging him for £15m is Webber's best bit of business.

That was because I saw it after I posted. 😉

Good journey to the 1000 or so fans travelling up to Newcastle today, thats one hell of a trek on a weeknight. Hopefully 3 points will make the journey home more enjoyable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

For anyone watching on Amazon tonight co-commentary will be provided by Alan Shearer 🤣

This is going to be fun. 

Thats a joke. He hates us and loves them, talk about biased!

Just now, It's Character Forming said:

I remember watching that on a stream and it was awful, I think that was under Alex Neil wasn’t it and probably the pivotal game that season for us ?

Yes Alex Neil. I don't have any memory of the context around the game just the being up in the gods and going from 2:3 in injury time to 4:3 and the home fans and players going nuts. Home fans waiting for us at the exit with stewards panicking. Plus a fit blonde sat next to me.

It seemed like a game where Newcastle were all over us, but we rose to the challenge and fought back well.

image.png.33efa67ce0188193e89c51104e562fdd.png

3-0 Norwich 

Howe sacked in the morning 

Newcastle declared relegated by Thursday 

Saudi money leaves

Newcastle join Sunderland and Ip5w1ch in the hinterlands

Edited by interwebme

I'm not so sure Newcastle will come roaring out leaving space at the back. That could really backfire for them. Since it is such a pivotal game, arguably more so for them now, I reckon Howe will look to keep it quite tight, at least initially, to make sure the crowd don't turn and to avoid us getting momentum. I think it could possibly be a steady, going on turgid first half  then they will increase the tempo second half for the win. Howe won't want to have to chase it, but I do think they will be fired up and suffocate us, we have some errors at the back in us so they can be a bit more patient. I'd be v. happy with a point, I'm forecasting 1-1.

24 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Yes Alex Neil. I don't have any memory of the context around the game just the being up in the gods and going from 2:3 in injury time to 4:3 and the home fans and players going nuts. Home fans waiting for us at the exit with stewards panicking. Plus a fit blonde sat next to me.

It seemed like a game where Newcastle were all over us, but we rose to the challenge and fought back well.

God looking back that team does look rather dire doesnt it? Forgot how poor it could be

Far too much positivity on here. Yes, we've made some progress in the last couple of games but nothing like enough to believe that we can go to Newcastle in these circumstances and win. I will be astonished and delighted if we come away with anything.

Given we have not scored a goal in 8 of our 13 games and in 5 of our 6 games away, forecasting us to score 3 is somewhat optimistic. When you add in that we have kept 1 clean sheet away from home, we are very unlikely to be able to stop them scoring.

I'm afraid I can't see anything but a defeat. Hopefully not too heavy. I think we have a much better chance of getting something at Spurs.

It's the dawning of a new era for City fans. No more ACN - it's 'Oh f*ck; it's Norwich!' from now on (OFIN). Angry Canary leading the charge. 

I've priced up the barcodes and it's a 2-0 Norwich win with change to spare. Pukki and Rashica.

OTBC

Rashica the key man. To help contain Saint-Maximin but also to keep on attacking what I gather is a weakness of theirs at right-back. An assist for a goal might be a good bet.

2 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Thanks wow that seems a long time ago! My view at the time was that losing that game, from being ahead and the panic at the end when he brought on a 3rd CB which the players obviously didn’t know how to play, was when Neil’s confidence in himself was fatally undermined and he was never really the same for the rest of the season. So I felt it was pivotal and from then on it was all downhill.

Let’s hope we get a result tonight. A win and we’re really well set. A draw is not bad. Defeat puts us right back down in the ****.

2 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Didn't we get back into the game, AN took off Tettey to go for the win and we were left completely exposed? Or was that a different game...

2 hours ago, Tumbleweed said:

I'm not so sure Newcastle will come roaring out leaving space at the back. That could really backfire for them. Since it is such a pivotal game, arguably more so for them now, I reckon Howe will look to keep it quite tight, at least initially, to make sure the crowd don't turn and to avoid us getting momentum. I think it could possibly be a steady, going on turgid first half  then they will increase the tempo second half for the win. Howe won't want to have to chase it, but I do think they will be fired up and suffocate us, we have some errors at the back in us so they can be a bit more patient. I'd be v. happy with a point, I'm forecasting 1-1.

Agree that Howe should be more circumspect than some people think, but actually I think with their defence their only real chance of winning is all out attack, but that should lead them extremely vulnerable to the counter attack.  So if we can stand firm against the initial onslaught (Hanley please god don't **** it up), then the general consensus on here that Pukki and Rashica will both score looks a decent bet.

56 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Didn't we get back into the game, AN took off Tettey to go for the win and we were left completely exposed? Or was that a different game...

Had to look this up. Subs Late in the game Bennett was brought on for Murphy and Oliveria for Jerome. We'd gone 3:1 up with them getting one back pretty quick. I remember rather than a back and forth contest it was more spells of each team dominating. Guess we decided to sit back and hold the lead.

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Had to look this up. Subs Late in the game Bennett was brought on for Murphy and Oliveria for Jerome. We'd gone 3:1 up with them getting one back pretty quick. I remember rather than a back and forth contest it was more spells of each team dominating. Guess we decided to sit back and hold the lead.

Yes it was 2-3 at 90 mins and AN brought on Ryan Bennett to add a 3rd CB which simply didn’t work, they were just throwing balls into the box and we could not handle it and conceded one, then they were all over us and got the winner. Gutting.

29 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yes it was 2-3 at 90 mins and AN brought on Ryan Bennett to add a 3rd CB which simply didn’t work, they were just throwing balls into the box and we could not handle it and conceded one, then they were all over us and got the winner. Gutting.

That is quite correct. We went 1-3 up and looked confident but Alex Neil panicked as the second Newcastle goal went in. The change (extra CB) just invited pressure. Our whole playing approach changed thereafter.

Before that match I recall a Docherty equaliser in another St James classic (2-2?). 

I have a feeling tonight will be very dramatic, lots of open play. A big pitch and all that. Could be lots of goals. Thanks btw for the Amazon Prime tip a few days ago. Never tried it on the TV but will test it this evening.

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Before that match I recall a Docherty equaliser (2-2?). 

2004-5 season. I watched it in The Boundary while playing pool with me best mate. The Ginger Pele with a worldy...from 6 yards.

OTBC

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

2004-5 season. I watched it in The Boundary while playing pool with me best mate. The Ginger Pele with a worldy...from 6 yards.

OTBC

Haha yes...bundled in with the help of his knee or the shin I seem to recall. But still such joy. 

Always had a bit of a soft spot for the Doc I have to say. Just seemed not to be a footballer but gave his all. Unusual character really, quiet off the pitch.

• Like 1

Newcastle's defence is not very good.  Rashica could run riot against his full/wing back.  Sargent will be able to keep his full/wing back quiet giving Aarons the chance to get forward.  Pukki should get chances against this defence and Sargent may get his opportunity too. Their midfield is nothing special so Mclean and Rupp (presumably) can keep them under control leaving Gilmour to do what he does with Rupp lending a creative hand when necessary. Williams should be able to link up with Rashica and hopefully create some opportunities down the left.  Gibson and Hanley should have no problems against Wilson but their lack of pace could see them undone by St Maximin. If that guy is on form we could be in trouble. My prediction ... a Norwich win.

I could, of course, be talking rubbish.

Edited by Numan

34 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

I was there that night. Think it was a Monday game. The Doc scored both our goals and Craig Bellamy got one of theirs.

Up in the gods as usual then but was right on the back row last time we were there for the 0-0

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems we have never won a Premier League match on a Tuesday.. Good to know 😶

There you go then. It's about to change😉15 is the lucky number. 

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems we have never won a Premier League match on a Tuesday.. Good to know 😶

Hang on… this is a paradox within a paradox. Newcastle haven’t won yet and along come Norwich but we’re along come Norwiching ourselves…?? I’m so confused. Must mean a draw. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1