Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Your Newcastle predictions

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

3-0 win. Just got a feeling, if we press them high enough and restrict service to Saint-Maximin we will create chances because they can't defend, the crowd will turn and then it will just be a case of pressing them back, winning our duels and out working them which we've shown we can do in the last two games. 

Blimey. I'll have what you're having. 

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Blimey. I'll have what you're having. 

Aside from Saint-Maximin they are awful and are easier to score against than we were under Farke. Their crowd will be itching to get on their backs and I don't rate Howe's chances of improving them defensively. I like the idea of Rashica up against Kraft and Sargent dominating Lewis in the air plus everyone including most of our fans are expecting us to lose. I honestly can see us winning pretty comfortably and I promise you I'm completely sober and chemically unaltered lol. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Aside from Saint-Maximin they are awful and are easier to score against than we were under Farke. Their crowd will be itching to get on their backs and I don't rate Howe's chances of improving them defensively. I like the idea of Rashica up against Kraft and Sargent dominating Lewis in the air plus everyone including most of our fans are expecting us to lose. I honestly can see us winning pretty comfortably and I promise you I'm completely sober and chemically unaltered lol. 

You clearly don't realise that Jamal Lewis has only made 1 appearance for Newcastle this season, and none under Howe, people should value the rest of your post accordingly. 

They will attempt to absolutly muller us initially and EH will have pulled out all the stops to make this as difficult for us as he can (temporary changing room, no hot water, light failure etc etc 😉).

However,  IF we can keep them out for the first 20-25 minutes we may have a chance. 

A tight, hard won win for us.

I fact as manager of Villa, he has faced them twice this year winning in August at VP and drawing up there in March.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You clearly don't realise that Jamal Lewis has only made 1 appearance for Newcastle this season, and none under Howe, people should value the rest of your post accordingly. 

Well who else are they going to play given that Matt Richie is suspended?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I honestly can see us winning pretty comfortably and I promise you I'm completely sober and chemically unaltered lol. 

If we win 3-0 tomorrow I will not be able to keep a similar promise.

What an epochal result that would be. A PL-relegation-battle version of that win at Elland road in Farke's first Championship-winning season. 

7 minutes ago, East Rider said:

(temporary changing room, no hot water, light failure etc etc 😉).

Does EH have previous on this sort of thing?

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I thought that match was away at Saint James..

Whoops, memory is playing tricks on me

To save future facepalms, etc, it's always a good idea before posting to check if the video title says, " NCFC v A N Other ". If it does it's a home game.

If it says " A N Other V NCFC  " then it's an away game. 🤭

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Does EH have previous on this sort of thing?

Not that I'm aware, I was being facetious. He will be desperate for a result though, so who knows what he may stoop to.

• Thanks 1

1-1 prediction, McLean to rattle the onion bag.

(Hoping we can sneak a 2-1, Pukki with the winner on 78mins.)

Are two predictions permitted?

They're gonna go into this game thinking that this could be their turning point. 

They will play open attacking football so we have to take advantage of it. Think there's gonna be a few goals, I just hope we break the St James Park hoodoo and get 3 points. 

Im going for a 3-2 City win. 😬(although I'll take a draw now!) 

Edited by Sideshow Tim

It was a huge shock to see Lawrenson has gone for 2-1 to them - really bucking the trend, has he ever actually predicted anything other than a defeat for us?

On 29/11/2021 at 22:55, Branston Pickle said:

It was a huge shock to see Lawrenson has gone for 2-1 to them - really bucking the trend, has he ever actually predicted anything other than a defeat for us?

He does forecast the odd draw every 5 matches to be fair. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

So when was the last time little old norwich won two pl away games in a season ( sorry in succesion) ?

No idea.me neither.

So along come norwich says Newcastle will win. But what if they don't!! What will talks*** say.

Who will newcastle ever beat?

Could they fail to get 11 points?

When is the next haj? To quote kk I would love it if they get relegated.

All these questions cross my mind.

Because I know and so do you norwich have the better team.

COYY

I always get in wrong so 1 4.

Goodbye.

2 minutes ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

So when was the last time little old norwich won two pl away games in a season ( sorry in succesion) ?

No idea.me neither.

So along come norwich says Newcastle will win. But what if they don't!! What will talks*** say.

Who will newcastle ever beat?

Could they fail to get 11 points?

When is the next haj? To quote kk I would love it if they get relegated.

All these questions cross my mind.

Because I know and so do you norwich have the better team.

COYY

I always get in wrong so 1 4.

Goodbye.

When the Roundheads defeated the Cavaliers. 

30 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He does forecast the odd draw every 5 matches to be fair. 
image.thumb.jpeg.baa9ad76c00d9783c2085e7a67a48240.jpeg

He’s not aged well. Looks like a bulldog licking **** off a nettle

A month ago I'd have been praying we could scrape a draw, however after the last 3 games I think this is a definite win for us. I'm going for 3-1 (Pukki, Gilmore and SARGENT). If, NO, when we win i think this will leave Newcastle taking up one of the 3 relegation places come the seasons end. TOUCH WOOD anyway.

Sorry, but how long have you lot supported Norwich? It doesn’t matter of it is teams without a win or strikers who haven’t scored a goal - as several posters have said ” along come Norwich”

No doubt Newcastle are going to feel this is their best opportunity for a: a clean sheet, b: a win. Just like we did when Watford rolled in. I might live to regret saying this, but I don't rate Wilson at all - Jimenez is a better player and we handled him just fine, Saint-Maximin is their only real threat - shame Normann won't be marshalling him.

We'll get an early goal on the break and they will panic, crowd will turn. 2nd half headed goal from Kenny to finish them off.

2-0 

19 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

I've had several trips to SJP or presumably very soon the Aramco stadium or similar .  Every time I went, we've lost 1-0 AFAIR.  But I'm not going this time so we have a chance !  Yay.

Only time I went we lost 4:3. Great Day with cruel ending.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Matt Ritchie's suspended for this game due to yellow cards though, so Lewis is probably going to come in if he's fit.

We need a good start this time for sure. Think their heads will drop very quickly if it starts going wrong. That said I feel 1-1 would be a good result and probably most likely. A loss would feel like a real setback.

We don’t cope well with quick players who run at us so how we deal with St Maximan (sp?) and also with Wilson’s runs in behind the defence will be key. I will be a bit nervous if we deploy Billy as our deepest sitting midfielder for this one. 

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

🛎️ end

Think there's a bit of underestimating of Newcastle going on. They're not special but they have a couple of proven attacking players - Howe will have had a little more time with them and will play more his natural preference on the front foot.

Saying that they're bottom for a reason and a point would be good.

Huge test. Newcastle will be right up for this. If we can hold off the initial onslaught then we have a big chance. The locals will turn on their own team and it'll be a very uncomfortable place to be for the Newcastle players. The fans will be expecting an easy win here against us. I'd take a draw all day long. We've got a chance to get 3 points too but it's gonna be really tough.

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Only time I went we lost 4:3. Great Day with cruel ending.

I remember watching that on a stream and it was awful, I think that was under Alex Neil wasn’t it and probably the pivotal game that season for us ?