Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Your Newcastle predictions

So who's gonna win? How many goals? What do you think the final scoreline will be?Who's gonna score? Make your predictions! And please can someone guess right this time nobody correctly predicted the scoreline in my last predictions thread 😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Offer me a draw here and I'll rip your hand off. Obviously, hoping for a win but another points gain will help create momentum. A draw would also keep them behind us too.

There's quite a lot of firepower in that Newcastle side if they get it going with Wilson and particularly Saint-Maximin, and there's no way Howe will set his team up to be as defensive as they were against Arsenal with 50,000 hyped up Geordie fans able to see him for the first time (he missed the first home game with Brentford due to Covid). So, they will in all likelihood start out fast and this will be a test of our newly discovered defensive resolve.

Suspect a 1-1 draw, which I'd gladly take.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

As a Norwich City fan of many years my gut says that Norwich will give Newcastle their first win of the season, it is the Norwich way so  for that reason only I am going Newcastle 2 Norwich 1............

Yeah this is the Norwich way. Shades of Watford at home 2 years ago and Sunderland at home under Neil. We never do well at St James’ park either.

It’s very much prepare for the worst but hope for the best from me..

I've had several trips to SJP or presumably very soon the Aramco stadium or similar .  Every time I went, we've lost 1-0 AFAIR.  But I'm not going this time so we have a chance !  Yay.

Last time I went, remember they scored from a breakaway down the wing, and the away fans are so high up, you can see the move pan out, and you could see their attacker getting into the box ahead of our defender and it felt like the ball across could not have been aimed any more perfectly for him to head a goal.  And they won 1-0. 

This time around if we can stop them scoring early and avoid stupid mixups in defence etc, then I think the crowd will get restless and they're not great defensively so I'm going 1-0 Norwich on the "turnabout is fair play" basis.

Well I wanted four points from the Wolves and Saudi games so I suppose I'd better say a 2-1 Norwich win.

But like a few others on this thread I have a bad feeling about tomorrow and suspect it'll be the other way round.

Edited by Robert N. LiM

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Offer me a draw here and I'll rip your hand off. Obviously, hoping for a win but another points gain will help create momentum. A draw would also keep them behind us too.

There's quite a lot of firepower in that Newcastle side if they get it going with Wilson and particularly Saint-Maximin, and there's no way Howe will set his team up to be as defensive as they were against Arsenal with 50,000 hyped up Geordie fans able to see him for the first time (he missed the first home game with Brentford due to Covid). So, they will in all likelihood start out fast and this will be a test of our newly discovered defensive resolve.

Suspect a 1-1 draw, which I'd gladly take.

This....👍

ACN written all over it. So head says 1-0 Newcastle

Heart would love us to **** all the goals we didn’t score against Wolves against them and say 3-0.

Equally if Brentford can score 3 there why can’t we?!

Very impressed with the last 3 games at the fighting spirit shown. Saints and Wolves were both in decent runs of form and I was worried that we would lose both. We are improving and markedly, sooo......

Newcastle 2 Norwich 4

I've never enjoyed a trip to SJP.

Newcastle look like they can't defend, but have great talent in attacking areas. They'll be up for it, the home-crowd will make a difference. 

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

You know St James' Park is referring to the stadium and not just the team don't you....

I thought that match was away at Saint James..

Whoops, memory is playing tricks on me

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Let's hope the players forget it was at home too and take that form into the game tomorrow...

Howe had the barricades up against Arsenal, and still looked fairly ordinary at the back. No chance he sets up as defensively in a winnable game in front of an expectant SJP, also without two important defensive characters.

If we show the same development that we have thus far under DS there's no reason to think we can't get 3 points. Draw would be OK, most important thing is not to lose and give a rival a major boost.

Put on the spot? 1-0 to us, Rashy to cap off his good form with a goal.

2 hours ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

making the long journey there with a few other City fans...hoping for a win obviously.

I'll take a 2-1 win

Pukki and Rashica

Good man on making that journey......take your binoculars.....have a good day.

Agreed, 2-1 City

Edited by Van wink

Deep in my bones something tells me we could be pleasantly surprised.

As Dean Smith has stated we will need to find a way to keep the fans quiet and I hope we do that early on.

Edited by sonyc

37 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bad research ..........again !

You have been told about this kind of thing before but of course....post count is paramount 🤭

2-1 City. I’m pretty convinced we’ll win. Yes we’re both under a lot of pressure at the moment, but the Magpies are still yet to win and without a clean sheet this season and it looks like we may have changed into a completely different team since Smith’s arrival when you look at our performances against the Saints and Wolves. Although we will be without Normann but we still did really well after his departure on Saturday (probably better 2nd half than 1st) and Lascelles and Ritchie picked up their 5th yellows against the Gunners so they will be suspended for this game.

Victory would put us 6 points clear of Newcastle and only adrift of safety on GD, victory by a 3 goal margin (which I’m afraid I can’t see happening) would also draw us level on GD with them

The so called "BBC Football Expert" Lawro, says we'll lose 2-1.

But then, he usually predicts that we're going to lose anyway no matter how well we are playing.

• Thanks 1

Magpies 1  Canaries 3

Pukki . Sargent . McLean. 

3 points in the bag. 

Mindset - respect but have no fear

This has to be a must win for Toon if they are to start to claw their way back. So they just have to come at us fast and furious - and leave themselves open to the counter sucker punch.

It will be a test of Deano's tactics - weather the storm and then sink them.

2:0 to us and disquiet on the terraces.

3-0 win. Just got a feeling, if we press them high enough and restrict service to Saint-Maximin we will create chances because they can't defend, the crowd will turn and then it will just be a case of pressing them back, winning our duels and out working them which we've shown we can do in the last two games.