Sign in to follow this  
The Priest

Worthy: Cut cavalier approach Darren

Hiow about

Cut the being useless Andy

Try a bit harder Dickson

Where are these headlines??????????????????

The fact Darren has been doing less defending has improved his game for us IMO.  I hate to say it but there is only so far a no skill, hard work, motivation free manager can take you.

I feel we are seriously underacheiving at the moment, and that the guy at the top is too blame.

not long ago everyone on here was moaning that worthy didn''t say this, saying that it was double standards after criticising mcveigh for the same thing. huckerby should cut some of the cavalier stuff sometimes anyway.

Well , thats me  over the fence  into WO territory !    whats Nigel trying to do , make Hucks schizoid ?     maybe the moaners are right ?    you don`t learn !    look Nigel , we have defenders  to defend  ,  its THEY who should  do the business !    foither , Hucks should be right up there  alongside  the Welsh dw, oops dragon  and J J    , not festering away on the left wing , because in the next match he`s going to get kicked to death !    we got away with it against two poor teams  ,   but Palace will be   the big test !!     and the last thing they will want to see , is Hucks   up near their box   !     fortune favours the brave Nigel  .... in Del boys own words  "  Who dares .. wins  ! !  [<:o)]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]seeing hucks showboating must have made the bristles on the back of worthy''s brass neck bristle.  i can''t work the bloke out - 2 nil up against DERBY - if it was man.u different story.

[/quote]

TOTAL DOUBLE STANDARDS

He says we shouldnt boo when the team is winning, well perhaps he shouldnt critisise his players in public, when the team is winning!!!  especially match winning players McVeigh and Huckerby!!!

Huckerby & McVeigh have saved Worthy his job this season, without these two incredibly skillful and talented footballers we would be down near the relegation zone.

So the man that has virtually singled handedly brough us 6 points has got to tone it down a bit?  Hux is dangerous BECAUSE he takes those risks;  that is what his game is all about - the fact he had not being doing just that nigel is presumably why you dropped for the Ipswich game!  

It is these sorts of comments that beggar belief and make fans question his decision making.

I agree with him that in the last five minutes he should cut out the tricks and just keep the ball. Even if he has single-handedly won us the game its still common sense just to be sure of the win. HOWEVER, surely a little word in the ear would have sufficed, why go to the press about it?

I sit in the main stand near the dug outs and saw this incident. Worthington was basically F''ing and B''ing Hucks after he had made a run down the wing taking about 3 Derby players with him and they got the ball off him and he then didn''t run back to defend. 

Basically to me this totally sums up the man - he hates creative players as they don''t work hard enough and it the reason why we play the dour style of football we do and why we defend too deep - if everybody is told to get back and defend where is the outlet ball from defence ? - well in Worthingtons book it the big hoof up field.

Hucks has basically won the last 2 games for us on his own - he had made run after run down the wing on saturday, had just scored that fantastic goal, and then Worthington has a right go at him for not defending.. needless to say Hucks (rightly so) just laughed at him - so Worthington threw his teddy out of the pram and threw his water on the ground !!! - and who says he has the respect of the players ??

Rightly the vast majority of fans (myself included) who saw this incident underfolding basically couldn''t believe what we were seeing and gave Worthingthon a piece of our mind.

Two wins against 2 very poor teams (although we did play better on saturday) is NOT a turning point - Worthington is a dead man walking and these 2 results are just a stay of execution.  

[quote user="Trent Canary"]I agree with him that in the last five minutes he should cut out the tricks and just keep the ball. Even if he has single-handedly won us the game its still common sense just to be sure of the win. HOWEVER, surely a little word in the ear would have sufficed, why go to the press about it?[/quote]

What might seem  " tricks " to you Trent   , is using  a skill to Hucks !   just because they don`t come off  EVERY time    is no reason for Nigel  to fling his rattle out the pram [ water bottle on the ground ]   !    what do we have a defence for anyway ?  

If  Hucks had gone on to  make another goal  by " trickery "   we can all guess  the fulsome praise    from Nigel   after the match !    

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]I agree with him that in the last five minutes he should cut out the tricks and just keep the ball. Even if he has single-handedly won us the game its still common sense just to be sure of the win. HOWEVER, surely a little word in the ear would have sufficed, why go to the press about it?[/quote]

What might seem  " tricks " to you Trent   , is using  a skill to Hucks !   just because they don`t come off  EVERY time    is no reason for Nigel  to fling his rattle out the pram [ water bottle on the ground ]   !    what do we have a defence for anyway ?  

If  Hucks had gone on to  make another goal  by " trickery "   we can all guess  the fulsome praise    from Nigel   after the match !    

[/quote]

Did you read my post? I personally  advocate tricks and skills during the game a lot if it helps us to win. Just saying its common sense in the last five minutes to play it safe to ensure the win.

"What do we have a defence for anyway"

As the saying goes, attack is the best form of defence. (I.E. Having the ball)

I love it when he does skills/tricks/whatever you want to call it. To be honest the Pink Un headline is misleading in the first place. "Cut the cavalier approach Darren", without adding the last five minutes part. Anyway it doesnt really matter..

[quote user="The Judge"]

I sit in the main stand near the dug outs and saw this incident. Worthington was basically F''ing and B''ing Hucks after he had made a run down the wing taking about 3 Derby players with him and they got the ball off him and he then didn''t run back to defend. 

Basically to me this totally sums up the man - he hates creative players as they don''t work hard enough and it the reason why we play the dour style of football we do and why we defend too deep - if everybody is told to get back and defend where is the outlet ball from defence ? - well in Worthingtons book it the big hoof up field.

Hucks has basically won the last 2 games for us on his own - he had made run after run down the wing on saturday, had just scored that fantastic goal, and then Worthington has a right go at him for not defending.. needless to say Hucks (rightly so) just laughed at him - so Worthington threw his teddy out of the pram and threw his water on the ground !!! - and who says he has the respect of the players ??

Rightly the vast majority of fans (myself included) who saw this incident underfolding basically couldn''t believe what we were seeing and gave Worthingthon a piece of our mind.

Two wins against 2 very poor teams (although we did play better on saturday) is NOT a turning point - Worthington is a dead man walking and these 2 results are just a stay of execution.  

[/quote]at home against 2 teams below us, all we had to offer was to defend deep, draw their players in and score goals on the break.  post match on r.norfolk, waller suggested to worthy that city had dominated the match, which he gladly accepted. to my mind, the above style of play doesn''t suggest domination, in fairness i would say we probably controlled the game.  ipswich 2nd half showed us what domination was, they pinned us back in our own half with free-flowing pass and move football.agree, the next series of games will determine how strong the ncfc revival is. 

After the Derby game I remarked to my son that we had just witnessed Huckerby vintage 2003/2004 which perhaps Worthy needs reminding was our Championship season. Is this another ploy to avoid promotion on NW''s part?

If we were 1-0 I could understand it but we were 2 goals ahead for f*** sake against a very poor side.

And this from a man who wants us to stop criticising a player who seems incapable of passing to a yellow shirt (apart from the safe back pass to a defender to then hoof upfield or be put under pressure).

NW is a clueless hyprocrite.

Perhaps he''ll drop him for the Palace game to prove (to Darren and us) who''s boss !! After all it worked against Ipswich !

this is why worthy still has to go.

anyone with any skill cant be good for the team,

as he says hard work, hard work, hard work.

for me the best and most entertaining part of sat was hucks show boating

if you cant do it then, when can you, oh sorry nigel its never is it.

I love this post. It just goes to show, that bar Trent Canary, no one else has actually read the story and understood what Worthington was actually saying! And to think - those are the kind of basic skills I was taught at school aged 8! i.e. being able to correctly interpret the English language.

What Worthington was saying, is that he doesn''t want players risking fancy play in the last five minutes when we''re winning. It says absolutely nothing about not wanting players to risk playing fancy football at any other time in a football match, or at any other scoreline. To say otherwise is to assume what he was saying, and there you are on risky ground.

This whole post again smacks of a "I must find someway of attacking the Worthington regime at any cost because we won the last game so I can''t blame him for the result syndrome". But seriously folks, what Worthington is actually saying makes sense. In the last 5 mins - why risk losing possession when you don''t have too? If this was England in the World Cup final, and Rooney needlessly took on three Brazilians in the last 5 mins with us 2-0 up, they won possession, broke away and scored. And then, fired on by the goal, go and score again in the final minute. And we lose on pens - I don''t think they''d be too many happy people. Which is why every professional manager in football (with the possible exception of Kevin ''2-0 up after 15 mins and 3-2 loss to Portugal Euro 98'' Keegan) will advocate this approach to the game.

I think it is obvious Worthington promotes flair play at other times - how else can you explain Hucks for the first 85 mins? Come on people - there are much more credible ways of attacking the current management regime than this.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

I love this post. It just goes to show, that bar Trent Canary, no one else has actually read the story and understood what Worthington was actually saying! And to think - those are the kind of basic skills I was taught at school aged 8! i.e. being able to correctly interpret the English language.

What Worthington was saying, is that he doesn''t want players risking fancy play in the last five minutes when we''re winning. It says absolutely nothing about not wanting players to risk playing fancy football at any other time in a football match, or at any other scoreline. To say otherwise is to assume what he was saying, and there you are on risky ground.

This whole post again smacks of a "I must find someway of attacking the Worthington regime at any cost because we won the last game so I can''t blame him for the result syndrome". But seriously folks, what Worthington is actually saying makes sense. In the last 5 mins - why risk losing possession when you don''t have too? If this was England in the World Cup final, and Rooney needlessly took on three Brazilians in the last 5 mins with us 2-0 up, they won possession, broke away and scored. And then, fired on by the goal, go and score again in the final minute. And we lose on pens - I don''t think they''d be too many happy people. Which is why every professional manager in football (with the possible exception of Kevin ''2-0 up after 15 mins and 3-2 loss to Portugal Euro 98'' Keegan) will advocate this approach to the game.

I think it is obvious Worthington promotes flair play at other times - how else can you explain Hucks for the first 85 mins? Come on people - there are much more credible ways of attacking the current management regime than this.

[/quote]

Did you just say Worthy promotes flair play!!!!!

I am sorry but that just tickled me...  Remember Libbra''s skill helping beat Wolves, after the match Worthy just said I don''t like all those flicks and tricks..  Libbra was never the same player. It is no wonder that even with such quality attacking players we have such a poor goals scored tally. 

[/quote]

i  love this post too . It just goes to show, that Canary Poirot, hasn''t  actually read most of the posts from the posters he then proceeds to patronise.

"What Worthington was saying, is that he doesn''t want players risking fancy play in the last five minutes when we''re winning." Personally, what i think, with my primary school level of eduacation is that I would have thought that being 2-0 ahead, in the last 15 mins of the game against a very poor Derby side is exactly the time when the likes of Huckerby can show us what he made of. Huckerby won us both matches and many matches in 2003/2004 playing exactly like that.  So I think it is wrong to suppress that talent. I also think having berated the fans for not unreasonably doubting the competence of Andy Hughes at keeping the ball or passing a team mate he then publicly criticises Huckerby (and McVeigh previously). 

Worthy keeps shooting himself in the foot. Please stop, Nigel, whilst you are still able to walk out of that door !

To be honest guys I think worthy is right in stating that with 5 minutes to go you don''t mess about with the ball, but on the other hand he never seems to like players with lots of flair and magic that can turn games for you. As is stated earlier, take Libbra for example....what a load of cack, that bloke had some magic stuff in his locker until Worthy put a stop to it, then what happened to him? Just another ordinary Norwich player....I don''t recall any praise for hucks after pretty much single handedly winning us two games in a week, all there seems to be is "Don''t do this darren, don''t do that"....P*** off Worthington....it''s no wonder we''re shocking.

[quote user="Safri15"]To be honest guys I think worthy is right in stating that with 5 minutes to go you don''t mess about with the ball, but on the other hand he never seems to like players with lots of flair and magic that can turn games for you. As is stated earlier, take Libbra for example....what a load of cack, that bloke had some magic stuff in his locker until Worthy put a stop to it, then what happened to him? Just another ordinary Norwich player....I don''t recall any praise for hucks after pretty much single handedly winning us two games in a week, all there seems to be is "Don''t do this darren, don''t do that"....P*** off Worthington....it''s no wonder we''re shocking.[/quote]

Dont get me wrong here I am not saying Libbra was a world beater, however what he was good at (skills tricks and flicks) worthy didnt want him doing and what he wasnt good at (defending, musceling out defenders, holding up play and heading the ball) worthy ordered him to start doing (and we hoofed it up to him all the time I seem to remember).  hence he never acheived what he could have done for a decent (if not great) forward.  He probably had his skill trained out of him by worthless as he got worse the longer he stayed here.

And as we all no getting thje best out of skillful players is not worthys forte...

[/quote] surely 2-0 up with 5 mins to go is the time to show boat.

if it was 0-0 with 80 mins to go i could understand where he''s coming from.  ( i think ).

When we are 1 or 2 up with 20 min to go why doesn''t worthy take off Hux or Mc V & bring on Sutch just like he did in Cardiff 3 or 4 years ago, we can sit deep and invite the opposition to run us into the ground until they equalize and then get the winner. These are tried and tested tactics - why change?