Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Normanns injury.. bad news

He recently said he has been playing with this injury and having injections for some time. I think it was whilst on international duty with Norway. So it seems it can depend upon the severity. It's "bad news" but only if you didn't know about him playing on with the injury previously, which I thought was all pretty common knowledge. 

Obviously hope he's ok. The look on his face suggested he suspected the worst.

I thought this was the first game this season where you could imagine us doing ok without him in the team, though. 

Edited by Robert N. LiM

Sorensen the only option for DM, doesn't make bench.  Ruff did ok but certainly not as DM.

Let's hope for his sake and ours this is nothing long term. Must be terrible to have a potential reoccuring injury cast a shadow over your career.

Edited by KiwiScot

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

One word - Sorensen

Who?

Two managers in succession doesn't even think he's worthy of a place on the bench.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Rupp is a better player.

I think that true, DF and DS have not used Sorensen very much.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Who?

Two managers in succession doesn't even think he's worthy of a place on the bench.

Then the question has to be asked, why was he given a new 4-year deal in the summer??

• Like 1

Sorensen is the best defender out of the midfielders but not as good going forward. I think if Norman is not playing that Williams would do well but might create problems at left back. 

Oddly. It seems that Smith is starting to agree with Farke's preferred first 11. Rupp has come into play, Sorensen ignored again. Cantwell left on the bench. Hanley immune to being dropped. Difference is, we're seeing a huge jump in performance across the squad. Aarons today looked like the Aarons of two years ago. McLean finally impacts a game positively.

9 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Then the question has to be asked, why was he given a new 4-year deal in the summer??

Depends on what wages he is on and if we feel he is useful for squad depth because he is versatile. We may also view him as a potentially excellent championship player should we go down, and feel that if we don't, we will have the money next season to add quality in depth and loan him out with the intention of selling him and recouping the initial outlay.