CANARYKING

ACN v Newcastle

Always seen this as a tougher match than the past 3.  Mainly because of the pre-season friendly when Saint-Maximin came on second half and they tore us apart.

A confident DS led Norwich will give them a game, have no doubt. If we had won today (which we could and should have done) I would have put hard earned cash on us winning up there as well.

Bring on Tuesday

Saint-Maximin worries me because players like that always end up playing like a 25 year old Ronaldo when they play us. Even in the Championship any winger with a bit of pace and trickery caused us no end of trouble. I'm hoping it will be different under Smith though, hopefully we won't constantly stand off players who run at us and we'll keep the fullbacks disciplined which will hopefully make a difference in how much freedom he has playing against us. Whoever starts on the right of the attacking 3 for us is going to have to help Aarons and double up on him, Sargent would probably be best for that but we don't want him back defending all game

24 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Saint-Maximin worries me because players like that always end up playing like a 25 year old Ronaldo when they play us. Even in the Championship any winger with a bit of pace and trickery caused us no end of trouble. I'm hoping it will be different under Smith though, hopefully we won't constantly stand off players who run at us and we'll keep the fullbacks disciplined which will hopefully make a difference in how much freedom he has playing against us. Whoever starts on the right of the attacking 3 for us is going to have to help Aarons and double up on him, Sargent would probably be best for that but we don't want him back defending all game

To be fair I was worried about Adama Traore today and what did he do?

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Magpies still without a win, can we keep our run going ?

Of course we can my Canary brother! The Newcastle Barcodes are ripe for the taking. 

Our new angry Canary crest takes no prisoners and demands the same of the team.

Pukki is going balls deep into their back-line.

Sarge will assist with lube where (and if) required.

OTBC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I think it maybe different as we wont be dithering around with the ball in our full back position allowing the fast winger to pressurise us.

10 minutes ago, Safcfriend said:

Good luck on Tuesday Norwich city, you can do it 👍

Keep up the good work in league 1 and we’ll do our best to repay the favour 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Safcfriend said:

Yes, and it's going to be a long hard road back to the prem. So you lads make sure you stay there starting on Tuesday.

As you’re here what do you make of Pritchard ? Should be a top player in your division 

14 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

As you’re here what do you make of Pritchard ? Should be a top player in your division 

He's played well recently, took him a few games to settle in, scored a good goal on Tuesday and was unlucky yesterday, straight from a corner but was given an own goal. Hopefully he's going to do well for us

3 minutes ago, Safcfriend said:

He's played well recently, took him a few games to settle in, scored a good goal on Tuesday and was unlucky yesterday, straight from a corner but was given an own goal. Hopefully he's going to do well for us

Provided his head's screwed on, he should do. He's always struck me as a good "front-foot" player, but prone to go missing in a scrap.

• Like 2