Ken Hairy

Brighton fans

Just who the hell do they think they are??? 0-0 going into the last few minutes and half the ground has gone home, those who stayed booed them off. 

They'd do well to remember they've spent most of their existence as a tinpot lower league side with no ground. 

Absolute disgrace of a fan base, the sooner this nothing side fall back down the leagues the better. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wheres our residential brighton fan at?

I'm presuming Paedo...... Sorry Peter got banned

• Haha 1

They're what, 8th in the Prem? Who do they think they are? A footballing irrelevance doing exceptionally well under a very good coach.

Hints of Charlton Athletic during their Premiership spell creeping in - they suddenly had ideas beyond their station and then things went downhill fast.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wheres our residential brighton fan at?

I went to BHA game with my son who supports them.  I thought the booing was aimed at the ref, and a general frustration that their tactics were good but the lack of a striker is so apparent.

I agree the BHA side is over performing, and they need to be careful it could unravel quite easily.

Potter had some brilliant comments about totally disagreeing with the fan’s reaction and “maybe [he] needs a lesson on the history of this football club”. In other words ‘who on earth do you think you are?’  

The time to verbally dismantle Brighton are when we are above them in the table so let's not risk getting bitten on the bottom.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Just who the hell do they think they are??? 0-0 going into the last few minutes and half the ground has gone home, those who stayed booed them off. 

They'd do well to remember they've spent most of their existence as a tinpot lower league side with no ground. 

Absolute disgrace of a fan base, the sooner this nothing side fall back down the leagues the better. 

Ken, you are this week’s Buh, but you’re going to need to dial up both the abuse for Brighton and the tired and emotional quality of your posts if you’re going to rival last week’s epic thread.

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Over 31,000 in attendance and should stay up comfortably again. We can laugh at them but I wouldn’t mind emulating them. 

..... why can't we be Brighton?....😫

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

..... why can't we be Brighton?....😫

He does seem to wish we were many other teams. I'm not sure why he bothers with City.😀

Got to be right up there with some of the most arrogant fans in the country and they couldn't even beat us at possibly our lowest ebb this season. They've come from a similar place to Bournemouth and Brentford but at least  fans of those two clubs have a bit of humility and a sense of humor. I remember how they all acted during the Pritchard transfer and their comments around the time we played them two seasons ago, just totally delusional and full of themselves. 

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

They're what, 8th in the Prem? Who do they think they are? A footballing irrelevance doing exceptionally well under a very good coach.

Yes, they're high in the division but their confidence was built on their early start to the season. Whilst we were playing Liverpool, Manchester City, Leicester and Arsenal, they were playing Burnley, Watford, Everton and Brentford. The fixtures this season have been a killer but now we have 'easier' matches and a more positive approach we will benefit. Are we still the only team to have played all of the big three?

Let’s face it, Brighton are going to absolutely plummet down this league.

people literally forget they are in it

anonymous

I was at Tony Bloom's other club (Union St Gilloise) on Friday night, the contrast was interesting.

Top of the league, lost 3-1 at home to a lower mid-table side through some really absurd defensive errors.

The team still left the pitch to chants of "Allez Union" and went to see the fans. Who applauded them as if they had won.

Maybe that's the euphoria of being top of the league for the first time in nearly 100 years, but if I supported BHA I'd be over the moon with being where they are in the league at the moment and would see every point as a step to definite safety and a possible a mid-table finish.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

He does seem to wish we were many other teams. I'm not sure why he bothers with City.😀

Also, Brightons manager seems to agree with what us lot are saying too, so maybe poor Midlands wouldn't even fit in as a Brighton fan!

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Also, Brightons manager seems to agree with what us lot are saying too, so maybe poor Midlands wouldn't even fit in as a Brighton fan!

I never said anything about Brighton fans booing. Just pointed out how well they are supported and how they manage to stay in this league. 

I'm starting to think football culture is ruined when a significant proportion of a club's fans turn on their team so readily. We live in an age where self-entitlement has become the norm for many people.  It used to be that "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"......now it's "when the going gets tough, we're going to boo and walk away". 

• Like 2

It's also a measure of how hard it is to progress in the Prem. They've got the perfect owner, a squillionaire who is also a lifelong fan, a great stadium, a brilliant coach and where has it got them? After a good start, they look like they're slowly finding their level as a lower mid-table team. Again. I imagine that at least part of the reason for the booing is frustration at not being able to go any further.

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm starting to think football culture is ruined when a significant proportion of a club's fans turn on their team so readily. We live in an age where self-entitlement has become the norm for many people.  It used to be that "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"......now it's "when the going gets tough, we're going to boo and walk away". 

Agree with the sentiment, but when clubs are charging £40+ a ticket, they can hardly complain that fans have become consumers.

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The time to verbally dismantle Brighton are when we are above them in the table so let's not risk getting bitten on the bottom.

I wasn't verbally dismantling Brighton, Potter is doing a fantastic job. I was verbally dismantling their spoilt fans. 

46 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I think the OP is having a go at the BHA fans rather than the club, I agree with him, there are a lot of fans of clubs their size would love their team to be in their position, ours included............. 

Thank you, got to be honest I thought that was bloody obvious 😂

Watching highlights of this game I was struck how similar it was to ours in some ways. Brighton creating good chances and nearly being undone by a horrendous defensive **** up. Seeing Maupay miss an open goal made me feel better about our half chances not going in. As people have said the booing is outrageous. Brighton played well and were unlucky.