Thought he deserved his own thread tonight, many of us have slated him in the past, but that was by far his best performance in a City shirt. 

MOTM for me. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Good but not MOTM for me.  Rashica was excellent throughout and gets motm for me.

Hard to disagree, Rashica has been outstanding the past 2 games. 

All heroes again

The tide is changing for the better.

MoM  gilmour again . Class.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cliff the Canary said:

Time to eat humble pie! Rupp was really good, as were the majority of the team 👍👍

Great team performance 👏 👌 

Probably our most underrated player. Neat, tidy & strong. An intelligent player.  Did c0ck it up near the end though through trying to be too clever..

Got a fair old shot on him too; I think he's been unlucky not to score.

• Like 2

Rupp played well, but some very good performances throughout the team. Both full backs excellent, as was Gibson. 

Gilmore and Rashica the standouts for me, though. 

• Like 1

Hes always been a good player,  wrongly maligned by some. He's always suited a high press game with his energy

• Like 4

Rupp fully deserves the praise he is being given but don't forget the other much maligned midfielder who people only notice if he makes a mistake. Once again Kenny McLean gave a very workmanlike performance.

Edited by Yellow Wal
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good but not MOTM for me.  Rashica was excellent throughout and gets motm for me.

Rasicha finally looks a player.

Great decision to move on from Farke, right?

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Rejuvenated  into a real football playing side. 

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Farke did a lot of ground work with the new players and after shutting up shop to try and stop the leaking of goals, which is why certain players were not featuring more, Rashica started had playing better under Farke - like against Brentford - so it is my strong belief that these players were going to come good with Farke in charge. However, what is clear is that the new management clearly know what they are doing and it is exciting to see the team looking more together and up for it. Things had obviously become difficult for DF, but you won't catch me saying it was right or wrong to change - to quote Farke - "it is what it is" - and having got over the disappointment of him going I'm just going to enjoy the ride as much as I can and see what this team can do with the renewed belief - which to be clear started at Brentford under DF.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Farke did a lot of ground work with the new players and after shutting up shop to try and stop the leaking of goals, which is why certain players were not featuring more, Rashica started had playing better under Farke - like against Brentford - so it is my strong belief that these players were going to come good with Farke in charge. However, what is clear is that the new management clearly know what they are doing and it is exciting to see the team looking more together and up for it. Things had obviously become difficult for DF, but you won't catch me saying it was right or wrong to change - to quote Farke - "it is what it is" - and having got over the disappointment of him going I'm just going to enjoy the ride as much as I can and see what this team can do with the renewed belief - which to be clear started at Brentford under DF.

Come on Lakey, its clear as day the upturn at Brentford came because they knew Farke was off. 

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Come on Lakey, its clear as day the upturn at Brentford came because they knew Farke was off. 

Don't give me that bull. Players know nothing about that kind of thing. All they are concerned about is winning, whoever is manager. 

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I love Farke as much as anyone but we've never looked as solid a Premier League under him as we did today. A back four and both are fullbacks were solid, they barely ever got in behind  - I must admit I've never seen that of a Farke team.

• Like 3

Just now, lake district canary said:

Don't give me that bull. Players know nothing about that kind of thing. All they are concerned about is winning, whoever is manager. 

Widely reported that Webber consulted senior players on the mood of the camp. It doesn’t take rocket scientists to work out what happens to managers when form drops off a cliff - give them more credit than that come on!

Farke was again shown out of his depth and it is looking like the players are good enough. Damning.

• Like 2

I've been critical of Rupp but I'm beginning to suspect he's one of those players that will always do exactly what the managers asks him which is probably why they always like him so much. So all the criticism I had of him standing off too much, not tackling, always taking the short, sideways easy pass, not getting back quick enough, not pressuring the opponent and looking lost whenever he got forward was probably more down to the instruction he was given as opposed to his ability because today he basically did the exact opposite. 

I think he alongside McLean today finally looked like PL quality central midfielders and I put that down to them finally playing in a complete, effective and balanced system and being instructed to play at a speed and intensity that's appropriate for this level. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Widely reported that Webber consulted senior players on the mood of the camp. It doesn’t take rocket scientists to work out what happens to managers when form drops off a cliff - give them more credit than that come on!

Farke was again shown out of his depth and it is looking like the players are good enough. Damning.

I think Deano is doing an outstanding job, but I think it’s harsh to say DF was out of his depth. My take on it is that he was simply done in, and had nothing left to give. Covid affected pre-season, plus fixture list cruelty, and he ran out of gas, couldn’t lift the players, and couldn’t lift himself. It happens. 

Anyway, that’s the past. It’s still early days, but the signs are really encouraging. I thought Rupp was excellent - neat and tidy, doesn’t do much wrong. I said to my mate as he came on that he won’t win us many games, but he won’t lose us many either. I’d say that’s about right.  It’s interesting that Smith brought him in ahead of Lees-Melou. Rashica MOM for me, then a cluster of others Billy, Brandon and Kenny among them. Overall, a very good premier league performance. Big night to come on Tuesday…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course they do, don't be so naive 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I've been critical of Rupp but I'm beginning to suspect he's one of those players that will always do exactly what the managers asks him which is probably why they always like him so much. So all the criticism I had of him standing off too much, not tackling, always taking the short, sideways easy pass, not getting back quick enough, not pressuring the opponent and looking lost whenever he got forward was probably more down to the instruction he was given as opposed to his ability because today he basically did the exact opposite. 

I think he alongside McLean today finally looked like PL quality central midfielders and I put that down to them finally playing in a complete, effective and balanced system and being instructed to play at a speed and intensity that's appropriate for this level. 

Pretty sure I remember Farke also defending him saying Rupp was consistently one of the best in training, which wouldn't surprise me. He's always looked like one of those diligent, hard-working, low-maintenance pros who keeps his head down and gets on with things.

Rupp, McLean and Rashica all played superb today and anyone of those could have been MOTM for me.

I have always like Rupp, a neat, tidy and efficient footballer who does a job and in my humble opinion is quite underated. Chap next to me today asked what Mclean brings to the party. He saw what it was, in bucket loads by the end.

Almost impossible to pick mom today they were all magnificent. I said to my dad at half-time that for the first time in ages we looked good enough in this league. 

• Like 1