Sign in to follow this  
chicken

++++ The Official Lapps Match Thread Vs Wolves (PL) ++++

I mean.. Good point or two dropped? Should have won 3-0! 🤣

Can't argue with a point against Wolves though, even more so given how fantastic they have been recently and of course they are 6th in the table.

Good game. Valuable point, even though deserved 3 for that performance. Its amazing how many players who while ago seemed not to be EPL quality are bossing the field. For example McLean, Rupp, Gilmour taking nearly all balls that ended up there. So much intensity, aggression and bravery. And Gilmour, I did not know that he can track back, but he sure does!

• Like 3

Terrific performance and deserving of a win. Really encouraged that we can make a real fist of staying in this league. 

Big game Tuesday! 

And a big shout out to the crowd today - brilliant support in terrible conditions! 

• Like 2

Really delighted with that performance. Yes we probably should have won but the way we played was a real treat. We kept attacking in that second half and believed we could do something. Rashica terrific and that is the most crosses into the box since forever.

It gives us belief that we can still make something of the season. If there is any money left then if we can get another striker in then we have a chance. And even if it doesn't work out, this type of display is worth celebrating.

• Like 2

I'm feeling so much more confident now. Apart from the top wealthy 4/5 teams I think we can actually give anyone a game now.

Big change in outlook and belief in our team and I think we can do this.

Now for 3 points at Newcastle.

OTBC

As much as I'll always respect Farke, these last 2 performances have been light years away from what we were producing. 

Confident we'll batter Newcastle. 

Instead of good in parts, this was the first game we were at it from beginning to end. High intensity, high pressing, non-stop running from our forwards to stop wolves developing attacks, getting stuck into tackles. Playing better than 6th placed team means we are good enough to stay up. A couple of issues, still jittery when trying to play out from the back and we have no one who can head crosses coming into the box. But the change in two matches is amazing and encouraging.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

As much as I'll always respect Farke, these last 2 performances have been light years away from what we were producing. 

Confident we'll batter Newcastle. 

With today's form it should be three points for city, a point nice, but have to hope for 3.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Gilmour my MOTM

Some nice touches but Rashica by a country mile. They couldn't touch him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We look a completely different side now. Early days in the Smith reign and we shouldn't get carried away but perhaps these players ARE good enough. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, hepphep said:

Good game. Valuable point, even though deserved 3 for that performance. Its amazing how many players who while ago seemed not to be EPL quality are bossing the field. For example McLean, Rupp, Gilmour taking nearly all balls that ended up there. So much intensity, aggression and bravery. And Gilmour, I did not know that he can track back, but he sure does!

How positive a team performance was that. Should have won. But hey happy times in the big league.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

We look s completely different side now. Early days in the Smith reign and we shouldn't get carried away but perhaps these players ARE good enough. 

Indeed. Looking a fantastic and absolutely necessary reaction to remove Farke and should have happened sooner, although then we wouldn’t have had Smith

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

We look s completely different side now. Early days in the Smith reign and we shouldn't get carried away but perhaps these players ARE good enough. 

These players have always been good enough properly coached in the art of premier league football. 👌 

Popped onto the Wolves FB page for a nosey. General consensus is they are happy to have got out of that with a point, and we were the much better side. 

• Like 1

It was a real shame not to have got two more points from that.

However. Reasonable thinking hats on here.

9 points from 13. We need minimum one point per game. Considering we were sat at 10games and 2 points. In 3 games we have grasped 7 points. We still need to find those four points from somewhere and to keep on with the average as well.

I've said before that realistically, 36 points is often enough, 40 is ideal. More than 36 and you are probably safe, but it's more reliant on other teams.

It's looking decidedly better than it was, that's for sure.

• Like 1

good performance today .... another robust effort from sargent .... mcclean very good at breaking up wolves attacks ... rupp was a more than adequate replacement for normann .... standouts today - williams, rashica, aarons and gilmour .... pukki missed a good chance .... could have nicked it but that's another point in the bag .... bring on the toon !!!!!

8 minutes ago, chicken said:

It was a real shame not to have got two more points from that.

However. Reasonable thinking hats on here.

9 points from 13. We need minimum one point per game. Considering we were sat at 10games and 2 points. In 3 games we have grasped 7 points. We still need to find those four points from somewhere and to keep on with the average as well.

I've said before that realistically, 36 points is often enough, 40 is ideal. More than 36 and you are probably safe, but it's more reliant on other teams.

It's looking decidedly better than it was, that's for sure.

36 is normally enough. 9 wins needed. Sounds simple! Let's smash the barcodes and get it down to 8.

OTBC

• Like 2

Just figured I would update the first post with some post match stuff this week as well. If I can, I'll do it on a regular basis.

So I have thrown in a link to Ricardo's post match write up, interviews with Dean Smith and Tim Krul and links to an article or two. Will throw up highlights as they come. That way, if you ever want to look up a game you can just search the tag and then select which one you want.

I might also trim a couple of '+'s from the thread title to add in the season to help in future searches as well. 🙂 

23 minutes ago, chicken said:

We still need to find those four points from somewhere and to keep on with the average as well.

Good way of looking at it. Real shame we couldn't have got two of them today, especially with a tough run of games in December.

But that's enough negativity. Feels like we're in with a shout now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Good way of looking at it. Real shame we couldn't have got two of them today, especially with a tough run of games in December.

But that's enough negativity. Feels like we're in with a shout now.

More than a shout now. We were out of the game before, now we are very much in it. As we are seeing, some of those teams that looked well ahead of us have been catching up on some of those very difficult games that we faced early doors.