Sign in to follow this  
chicken

++++ The Official Lapps Match Thread Vs Wolves (PL) ++++

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "Joma Vitality LOTUS CANARES CARROW ROAD SATURDAY NOVEMBER 27 KICK-OFF 3PM (UK) RAINPOW aces"
As the image says, Norwich City FC Vs Wolves, KO 3pm GMT.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says "" b We know it's a strong opponent and it's not going to be the easiest game, but we have good momentum so hopefully we can try to get some more points. JOSH SARGENT ""

Rainbow Laces
image.png.3db89edee5fd65bdb4f486a6d98c2666.png
Our club continues to support all people of all backgrounds - I for one am proud of the longstanding history they have in this regard. To make things easier for you the link goes to a great article from the club (which you can find by clicking on that text). Which reminds me, I really do need to get myself a set of those laces... 

Match build-up articles:
A look at the opposition from our own club.
The regular presser article highlighting the interview with Dean Smith from the Pink'Un.
As is the norm, the BBC also have a write up looking ahead to the game. 

Injuries, suspensions and returns:
Norwich: Zimmermann is the only player out injured now. Byram is stepping up his return with the U23's to get back to match fitness and sharpness. Dowell returns after having an illness.
Wolves: Neto, Mosquera and Jonny are all long term injury absentees, Willy Boly ruled out with a muscle injury.

Something to keep an eye on:
We are not yet in December but it would appear that some of our players are already receiving cards from referees. It's fair to say some are more popular in that regard than others. The official premier league website outlines the rules:

image.png.b6cda054f566758ece6b5e1a6789ddf2.png

From what I can make out in this regard, using the same source as above, Normann is currently on 4 yellow cards and should he receive one today, he will be suspended for our next game. That games is away to Newcastle on Tuesday evening (broadcast on Amazon Prime for those that have it).

Video
At this point I would usually share the "all the goals" video but for some reason, I can't find it anywhere other than facebook even though it has the Canaries TV logo on it which usually means it is also on youtube. However, it doesn't seem to be there.

Edit: better late than never I guess?!!

***NEW*** Post Match
It occurred to me whilst reading a regular forum member's post match write up that I could also throw in some post match links to things such as highlights, interviews and write ups. As I have created a tag for the threads, my hope is if people want to look up information on past games they can just search the tag and look for the corresponding fixture.

So to kick it off, as is now time honoured tradition, and if you don't already - have a look at @ricardo's match write up here.

Post match interview with Dean Smith

Post match interview with Tim Krul

BBC post match article including alternative interview with Dean Smith. I don't advocate relying upon any one set of stats for a game but the BBC's from the linked article report these:image.png.f3cd27d6b8d3d6487e2924592c4ac5bf.png
Extended Highlights:

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Whats with the 

++++ OFFICIAL LAPPS MATCH THREAD Vs Wolves (PL) ++++

It should be ***** and nothing else. 

This on top of the crest changing - its all too much! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Whats with the 

++++ OFFICIAL LAPPS MATCH THREAD Vs Wolves (PL) ++++

It should be ***** and nothing else. 

This on top of the crest changing - its all too much! 

It was gonna happen at some point wasn't it? The bloody capslock key has finally attacked me for lack of use!

1 minute ago, chicken said:

It was gonna happen at some point wasn't it? The bloody capslock key has finally attacked me for lack of use!

'Capslock' is not available for this game, due to not showing the right attitude in training. 

Hopefully he will knuckle down, and be able to return to full fitness soon, and show everyone what he is capable off and return to former glories. 

We have an able, but temporary solution with 'Shiftkey' but that is only for short term, and isnt an suitable alternative for a longer periods.

FN is not available for selection.   

however, if CNTL ALT and DEL get it together, it could be the restart we need. 

• Haha 2

In spoons,  at this rate I'll have no recollection of the game which might be a good thing! 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

In spoons,  at this rate I'll have no recollection of the game which might be a good thing! 😅

Let’s all help Hoggy make sensible alcohol choices today!
Post a picture of the drink he should be having next and he agrees to line it up & sink it. before the game. No outside help, Hogman!

To kick us off:

image.jpeg.c24591d2e23ae1d851c55add1fcb9a08.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Let’s all help Hoggy make sensible alcohol choices today!
Post a picture of the drink he should be having next and he agrees to line it up & sink it. before the game. No outside help, Hogman!

To kick us off:

image.jpeg.c24591d2e23ae1d851c55add1fcb9a08.jpeg

If Hoggy posts which spoons and his table number, people can send him a beer, via the app. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In which spoons?

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No room for doubt today Hoggy; it's 3 points all the way!

Get that half down you and start singing some jolly footballing songs!

OTBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Don't be afraid; bad dreams are only dreams.

Sargent is going to explode all over our illegal streams today.

OTBC

Let's hope he puts in an arresting performance, win a fixed penalty and do our fine city proud.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

In which spoons?

Iceni, and I'm not diverting away from my spiced rum despite your lot and your peer pressure! 😅

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Iceni, and I'm not diverting away from my spiced rum despite your lot and your peer pressure! 😅

Have you tried the bumba Caribbean rum, very niiiice!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Have you tried the bumba Caribbean rum, very niiiice!

Yes I have!

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think Sargent would have been better off of the bench but hey ho

Why? We need to start this game like we finished the last one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes I have!

I’ve had to abandon the iceni, they’ve got the B team on behind the bar today and I’d like a drink in the next 10 years.

I think after the 2nd half last week, playing those that are fit from the start is ok with me. 

Fancy the win today regardless of our line up. 

Tuning in from the south coast now... 

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think Sargent would have been better off of the bench but hey ho

Annie GIF - Annie The Musical Little Orphan Annie - Discover & Share GIFs

Just look at that face! He's chuffed! He deserves his place; got a feeling he's going to bag one today.

OTBC

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Adama Traore to come off of the bench against a tired Hanley..

It'll be 4-1 at that point anyways. 3 points coming!

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve had to abandon the iceni, they’ve got the B team on behind the bar today and I’d like a drink in the next 10 years.

Yep. We had a table from early on and stacked up drinks on the table in expectation of that haha

• Haha 1

I learn from the BBC that Trincao is on loan from Barcelona.

Imagine the culture shock of swapping Gaudi's Barcelona for Muscat's Wolverhampton. Blimey.

• Haha 1