Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Lil kemp

34 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just seen this on Twitter. 

I know Lil is a well loved and respected fellow ncfc fan. 

Lil is a legend for generations of Norwich fans. Sad to hear, I dearly hope she does get back. 😔

• Like 2

Never met her but have heard about her numerous times. A pretty terrible situation. After reading Victoria's writings at least she has a good strong group of family and friends behind her for support.

Very sad to hear, been sat near Lil at a few away games, one at Birmingham circa 2007 springs to mind, quite a character. 

This is very sad, can remember Lil from when I was little over 50 years ago. 
A club legend, I don’t know Lils family at all, but god bless, such a difficult time.

I remember her from my early years of going to away games (pre Club Canary and beyond) I have only seen her on the odd occasion over the last couple of decades, and have always admired her. Very sad to hear. I hope she can get back, even if it's for one last ovation from the fans and the Club

I regularly went to away games in the late 70's with Lilly, Patsy and Co. 

This was generally our only away support. 

I have very fond memories of the cameraderie and that is down to Lilly Kemp. 

Best wishes to her, and her family. 

Such sad news and I totally get how Lil's family are feeling. My Dad has dementia and it is sad to see it slowly take him and we lost my mother in law to it, it is a nasty, horrible condition with no cure and very little treatment available. Lil is a Norwich City legend, used to see her a lot on our away trips way back when. In 1981 three of us thought it would be a good idea to go to White Hart Lane to watch Norwich, we just got the Norwich to London coach and made our way to the ground, it then dawned on us that we would have to run the gauntlet of the Spurs fans to get back to Victoria coach station after the game. At half time we asked a police officer on duty at the ground  what the safest way was and I will never forget his response......."There isn't one"!!. Luckily we managed to cadge a lift on Lil's coach, so you might say for us she was also a life saver..........

• Like 1

Pat Howard was Lil's friend mentioned earlier in the thread as Patsy by Ramrod.

Edited by TIL 1010

Liked to sit next to Lilly on the few times I’ve been back to Carrow Rd.

She reminded me of my x girlfriend, who lived next door to her in Robin Hood Rd and ‘that accident’.

A real tough but warm  girl  from the East End who moved to Norwich and who loved and supported her club, no matter what.

The best ever supporter of Norwich City I’ve ever come across, love her.

• Like 1

Lil…..what a character ! I remember in the 70’s after a London game she came to a fantastic party at a mate’s house in North London. Pretty much an all-nighter and we all passed out on the floor. 

Haven’t seen her since pre-Covid when she used to come into the Nelson after the game. Of late she’d had to abandon that badge covered scarf of hers as it weighed a ton.

One of City’s most loyal supporters and I wish her well.

• Like 1

Bless her x....Sat next to her once many years ago in the now defunct Rosary Tavern....A lovely an' proper character she is....

I seem to remember that fans used to chant her name at away games. One in jest was , “ Lilly Kemp’s a soccer hooligan”

On 27/11/2021 at 08:49, Crabbycanary3 said:

I hope she can get back, even if it's for one last ovation from the fans and the Club

That would be amazing, and very emotional 

On 28/11/2021 at 12:39, ......and Smith must score. said:

I think the picture with Pat was taken in there

Yeah, I think I do recall that sublime interior decor and most exquisite seating...... 😉 

Well, what devastating news.  I wondered why I hadn't seen her in her usual seat in Block B of the Lower Barclay this season.  My very fond memories of Lil date back to my earliest days at Carrow Road in the  mid-60s when I used to  stand near to Lil and her 'girls' in the old  Barclay.  Her and Pat are total Norwich legends and I would vote for a statue of those two outside Carrow Road over any of our present or past players.  One of my stand out memories of Lil and her 'away team' was at Burnley for a League Cup match in the late 70s  when I was at Salford Uni.  The entire away support consisted of Lil's coach, me and my mate Alex (who was a Blackburn fan and he only came to  wind up the Burnley fans). It was a miserable night as we lost 3-1 in front of a crowd of about 6,500.  It never deterred Lil though from supporting her team to the bitter end.  Recently (pre-Covid) I had the pleasure of doing an audio interview with Lil for the Norwich City Historic Trust at her home in Tuckswood - what memories she had of away days and some great stuff about the Manchester United 'invasion' that featured the fan falling through the roof of the Barclay.  Here's hoping that we get to see her back at Carrow Road as that will be a day to remember.  Lots of best wishes to her and her family.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Well, what devastating news.  I wondered why I hadn't seen her in her usual seat in Block B of the Lower Barclay this season.  My very fond memories of Lil date back to my earliest days at Carrow Road in the  mid-60s when I used to  stand near to Lil and her 'girls' in the old  Barclay.  Her and Pat are total Norwich legends and I would vote for a statue of those two outside Carrow Road over any of our present or past players.  One of my stand out memories of Lil and her 'away team' was at Burnley for a League Cup match in the late 70s  when I was at Salford Uni.  The entire away support consisted of Lil's coach, me and my mate Alex (who was a Blackburn fan and he only came to  wind up the Burnley fans). It was a miserable night as we lost 3-1 in front of a crowd of about 6,500.  It never deterred Lil though from supporting her team to the bitter end.  Recently (pre-Covid) I had the pleasure of doing an audio interview with Lil for the Norwich City Historic Trust at her home in Tuckswood - what memories she had of away days and some great stuff about the Manchester United 'invasion' that featured the fan falling through the roof of the Barclay.  Here's hoping that we get to see her back at Carrow Road as that will be a day to remember.  Lots of best wishes to her and her family.

Is that still available to listen to Lord Horn? It would be very interesting to listen to an 'old school' fan,

Cheers Tilly. 

Interesting. Fan of the year twice, and thoroughly worthy. 

Hope her health improves enough so she can return to Carrow Road. 

• Like 1