Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

The lad johnson at forest

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Too bad Webber has said we don't have any money and wont be buying anyone in january then isnt it?

He said he’d be leaving at the end of this season too.

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

He said he’d be leaving at the end of this season too.

This 

Joe Worrall also admired by many clubs and you can see why. Very good reader of the game and can also pick out a pass.

The only question mark would be on pace at the top level.

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Too bad Webber has said we don't have any money and wont be buying anyone in january then isnt it?

Your usual twist on something that wasn't said. What he said was we spent a lot in the summer and he doubts that apart from probably Newecastle do not expect much movement in the January window by us or other PL clubs as everybody gets to grips with covid losses.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Your usual twist on something that wasn't said. What he said was we spent a lot in the summer and he doubts that apart from probably Newecastle do not expect much movement in the January window by us or other PL clubs as everybody gets to grips with covid losses.

I hope it's a tropical flavoured twist

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

When I came back to this message board it didn’t take me long to work out to take everything ‘Cambridgeshire canary’ says with a pinch of salt 

we are a little bit more forward thinking in Hertfordshire 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

When I came back to this message board it didn’t take me long to work out to take everything ‘Cambridgeshire canary’ says with a pinch of salt 

we are a little bit more forward thinking in Hertfordshire 😂

Next time bring chips 😉

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It just wouldn't be the same here without Cambridgeshire though. 

Keep posting mate and starting threads. 

I personally enjoy the majority of them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Or, should a big offer come in for one of our players I believe.

Not like CamCan to, erm, sex up the dossier is it?

2 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I personally enjoy the majority of them. 

Perhaps you should start a fan club 😉 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We will have to sell someone then

If he played tonight, no thank you. None of the West Brom or Forest players are good enough to contribute to our squad - and as for Hugill, he proved again why we were happy to get rid. 

5 hours ago, Six Pack said:

We will have to sell someone then

I think that is right - I wondered if we might see a couple of deals happen based on how Smith wants to evolve the squad, the players who don’t quite fit with his approach and are unlikely to improve a lot more, I am thinking we turn a profit but perhaps not the multiples we were hoping for without affecting the spine of the side.  

13 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I think that is right - I wondered if we might see a couple of deals happen based on how Smith wants to evolve the squad, the players who don’t quite fit with his approach and are unlikely to improve a lot more, I am thinking we turn a profit but perhaps not the multiples we were hoping for without affecting the spine of the side.  

Who are we thinking is on the loaned out or sold chopping block then, hmm?

Idah? Zimmerman? Placheta? Sørensen?

I believe we probably do have a small amount of money, it’s just something you shouldn’t advertise if you don’t have to

webber: “we have loads of cash for January and these are the players we are after…”

teams: *bumps prices 70%*

33 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I believe we probably do have a small amount of money, it’s just something you shouldn’t advertise if you don’t have to

webber: “we have loads of cash for January and these are the players we are after…”

Partly this, but Webber is a brutally honest chap. He said we’d need to sell if we were to spend large amounts again which is no doubt true. He did the best thing in trying to assemble the strongest squad from the start of the season, no point leaving some funds until January in the hope we could improve the squad then with less than half the season to go.

He also said he was expecting it to be one of, if not the, quietest January transfer windows in history due to the Covid pandemic, and if it does continue to decline through the winter I could see that being very likely 

45 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They are more likely to be involved next season if we are relegated, and Webber probably won't risk thinning out the squad in January.

Stay up and any of those 4 could be sold.

January might depend on if we can keep hold of Max.

55 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I am thinking Dowell, Plachecta, and possibly Giannoulis, and Sorensen with an upgrade or simply a more defensive left back arriving and then a bit of thinning of the attacking midfield options possibly bringing in a more defensive midfield option.  With Zimmerman and also Rupp, I just don’t see anyone buying them, any improvements will cost a lot of cash, so what would be the point.

If DS brings in a striker, or a defensive midfielder and I was Idah or Sorensen I would be looking to leave pronto Idah (@ 20 has played 40 first team / international games) is not that much younger than Sargent (@21 has played close to 150 first team and international games) and Sorensen is not young at all.  They both need be getting more opportunities, dropping down the pecking order will not help.

I hope I am wrong, but I think it will be a busier window than Webber suggests.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

The reply i posted from Webber was in response to a question from the floor which quite literally was ' How much money do we have to spend in January ?'.

Unbelievable.

Its OK saying offload players but it isn't as easy as that. No doubt DS might wonder why we bought certain players. And after last week's second half, I doubt he will be looking at any of them to start, So we could end up with a few squad members not good enough for us and too expensive to loan out.

11 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I personally enjoy the majority of his posts. 

100 % Chelmo, I'm a big Cambridgeo  fan, he has a great attitude, unlike some who find it hard to smile about much except others mistakes ..... boring drudges. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Perhaps you should start a fan club 😉 

I’m in!

On the spectrum of PinkUn posters, from me to those I’ve blocked, he (I think you’re a he @cambridgeshire canary?) adds far more than he takes away. The board would be duller without him.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Cambridge can laugh at himself. Admirable.

This.Very much this. He's a laugh and most of all , doesn't take himself or  the shoite he gets sometimes,  at all seriously.  Would happily  buy the man/ woman/ they,  a pint or a fruit based beverage..whayever  their  preference. Go Cambridgeo!!☮🕊✌

• Like 1