Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Crystal Palace away - subsidised

A wonderful gesture for an awkward trip between Christmas and New Year on a cold Tuesday night. I for one am grateful and look forward to booking my ticket next Tuesday.

Got a feeling tomorrow will be our last opportunity to go for a while as OMICRON hits us all in the face like a wet haddock 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Got a feeling tomorrow will be our last opportunity to go for a while as OMICRON hits us all in the face like a wet haddock 

I am also generating a heckin concern but we’ll have to see

26 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

This is a very serious threat and i for one see drastic measures being put in place and would not be surprised to see a lockdown no matter that our vaccination programme is streets ahead of the rest of europe.

Let's just see how Omicron actually affects people.  It could be quite benign, like the common cold.  We've been told that eventually the dominant variant that wins out will more than likely be a milder version.  Calm down all.  Enjoy tomorrow and the rest of the season.  

• Like 2

This new variant could well follow the pattern of others which have arrived with a fanfare and the media sensationalising their potential effects only fir them to disappear from the public eye as they are no worse than what we already have here. Just remember to take what the BBC et al tell you with a pinch of salt and don't worry about what might happen until it does.

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

This new variant could well follow the pattern of others which have arrived with a fanfare and the media sensationalising their potential effects only fir them to disappear from the public eye as they are no worse than what we already have here. Just remember to take what the BBC et al tell you with a pinch of salt and don't worry about what might happen until it does.

I remember a similar quote when covid first hit… 

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Anyone got any parking tips for those of us driving down for this one?

Yes I would legally park in case you get a fine 

On 26/11/2021 at 20:23, TIL 1010 said:

This is a very serious threat and i for one see drastic measures being put in place and would not be surprised to see a lockdown no matter that our vaccination programme is streets ahead of the rest of europe.

How is our vaccination programme streets ahead of the rest of Europe? What is this based on?

On vaccination rates we are behind: Sweden, France, Norway, Netherlands, Finland, Italy, Belgium, Ireland, Denmark, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Spain, Malta, Northern Cyprus, and Portugal. 

Edited by Krul Mistress
  • Thanks 1

On 26/11/2021 at 19:46, TIL 1010 said:

A wonderful gesture for an awkward trip between Christmas and New Year on a cold Tuesday night. I for one am grateful and look forward to booking my ticket next Tuesday.

It’s in the afternoon as it’s a Bank Holiday.

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

It’s in the afternoon as it’s a Bank Holiday.

Getting to Selhurst Park from Norwich whatever way you decide to go is a nighmare no matter whether a Bank Holiday or not and whatever kick off time afternoon or evening unless you know something i don't Commonsense ?  It will be cold anyway. 😜

For this particular game the train journey from Norwich to Liverpool Street and return has an hour added because of disruption for starters which makes it getting on for 3 hours before you even cross London..Of course travelling round the M25 to get there is no joy either.

Edited by TIL 1010

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Now showing as sold out with Group 5 left having a few restricted view available to them.

Never again, last time, a few years ago, paid full price for a seat right at the back, last three rows were all on the same level and I was in the back one !

2 hours ago, Krul Mistress said:

How is our vaccination programme streets ahead of the rest of Europe? What is this based on?

On vaccination rates we are behind: Sweden, France, Norway, Netherlands, Finland, Italy, Belgium, Ireland, Denmark, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Spain, Malta, Northern Cyprus, and Portugal. 

I stand corrected but only by an odd percentage point or two. Apologies.

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Getting to Selhurst Park from Norwich whatever way you decide to go is a nighmare no matter whether a Bank Holiday or not and whatever kick off time afternoon or evening unless you know something i don't Commonsense ?  It will be cold anyway. 😜

For this particular game the train journey from Norwich to Liverpool Street and return has an hour added because of disruption for starters which makes it getting on for 3 hours before you even cross London..Of course travelling round the M25 to get there is no joy either.

Not half as bad as sitting on the settee in a nice warm house trying to work out which buttons to press on the TV remote eh ? 😉

20 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You get a train from Norwich to London. Cross on the tube and then get another train from London Bridge. It’s not really that difficult. The point about the afternoon is that there will be trains back.

You could always use Club Canary if that’s too difficult.

20 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

You get a train from Norwich to London. Cross on the tube and then get another train from London Bridge. It’s not really that difficult. The point about the afternoon is that there will be trains back.

You could always use Club Canary if that’s too difficult.

You obviously don't regard taking nearly 3 hours to get to London from Norwich on the train because of disruption and a change of train as somewhat annoying with the same on the return. No lessons needed about getting across London on the underground needed either thanks as i would like a quid for everytime i have done it over the years.

Appreciate your concern though.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously don't regard taking nearly 3 hours to get to London from Norwich on the train because of disruption and a change of train as somewhat annoying with the same on the return. No lessons needed about getting across London on the underground needed either thanks as i would like a quid for everytime i have done it over the years.

The train service via Cambridge looks OK.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Welcome to the pain us London-based supporters go through multiple times in a season getting to FCR when they have a brainfart and decide to do works on the London-Norwich line on a home match weekend ☹️

Edited by BigManInTheBarclay
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The train service via Cambridge looks OK.

Travelling by car to Epping and then tube to London Bridge and then surface train to Thornton Heath.

Edited by TIL 1010

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously don't regard taking nearly 3 hours to get to London from Norwich on the train because of disruption and a change of train as somewhat annoying with the same on the return.

The Transport Minister has assured me we have the best replacement bus service in Europe

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

The Transport Minister has assured me we have the best replacement bus service in Europe

Took us nearly an hour just to get out of the city after the Southampton game on replacement buses to Ipswich!