Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Stuart Webber is staying

46 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

according to Michael Bailey (haven't got the link, but it's on Twitter) 1 year rolling contract

Great news, can't fault him really on our journey so far and always appreciate his brutal honesty

14 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

according to Michael Bailey (haven't got the link, but it's on Twitter) 1 year rolling contract

Just home from the AGM most definitely staying and if he does move on it will not be to another football club

Had offers outside football but staying at NCFC

Edited by daly

I have not seen anything mentioned - I believe Dean Smith has been appointed as Manager of the club, opposed to Daniel who was first team (head) coach.  I always thought that subtle difference was to divide up responsibilities and allow someone to focus on the team and the individuals in that squad, whilst the sporting director looked after the recruitment and facilities.  Whilst the manager did it all, and was supported by a team of people he appointed.  What are we doing now?  How have things changed?  Anyone know?

4 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I have not seen anything mentioned - I believe Dean Smith has been appointed as Manager of the club, opposed to Daniel who was first team (head) coach.  I always thought that subtle difference was to divide up responsibilities and allow someone to focus on the team and the individuals in that squad, whilst the sporting director looked after the recruitment and facilities.  Whilst the manager did it all, and was supported by a team of people he appointed.  What are we doing now?  How have things changed?  Anyone know?

Smith is the head coach, just as Farke was.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, daly said:

Just home from the AGM most definitely staying and if he does move on it will be to another football club

You misheard, he said it wouldn't be another football club.

51 minutes ago, daly said:

Just home from the AGM most definitely staying and if he does move on it will be to another football club

He said if he does leave it will NOT be to another football club daly. Your last sentence makes that clear.

7 hours ago, crab man said:

Wow thats a complete 360 on his earlier comments isn't it? Maybe the stress has really taken to him. 

I guess football directorships are a bit more high profile as opposed to a random business.

8 hours ago, crab man said:

Wow thats a complete 360 on his earlier comments isn't it? Maybe the stress has really taken to him. 

He says he won't move to another football club - and after all, when you've worked at the best club in the world, why accept anything less?  I think it just means he recognises his skill sets could be utilised in other industries and that interests him.

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He says he won't move to another football club - and after all, when you've worked at the best club in the world, why accept anything less?  I think it just means he recognises his skill sets could be utilised in other industries and that interests him.

I think its been documented that he has a keen interest in F1 (something that has influenced how he does things with regards to high standards about Colney) as well as a personal mission to climb Everest for charity. Those would be the two things I could see him potentially leaving us for; a Charity mission or a position within an F1 team as some form of culture director etc. 

He hasn't gotten everything right, but on our budget who in football could? More hits than misses and frankly at this time a bit of stability is exactly what we need. He proves himself to our benefit, lets keep our fingers crossed for success.

11 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I reckon Smith will do what Farke couldn't and prove that his signings were/are good.

That's my hope anyway.

Pukki Krul and Buendia did alright… 

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean, I think you definitely can.

8919C24C-D796-465B-82D2-D3EA803BFF2F.gif

Edited by Yobocop
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, ricardo said:

You misheard, he said it wouldn't be another football club.

Yes missed the NOT out on post

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

He said if he does leave it will NOT be to another football club daly. Your last sentence makes that clear.

Yes missed the NOT out on post 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Off you go then...

I think the ball should be in TheRealBuh's court really, explaining why you can't. 

Genuine Premier League facilities, stable financial position, two complete dominations of the Championship.

I'm glad that he's staying, although also glad we're taking it a year at a time.

And yes, I am actually making a point about literacy, and no you weren't literate enough to get that. 

Read carefully...

16 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Noice! Can’t argue he’s had a huge impact here

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think the ball should be in TheRealBuh's court really, explaining why you can't. 

Genuine Premier League facilities, stable financial position, two complete dominations of the Championship.

I'm glad that he's staying, although also glad we're taking it a year at a time.

And yes, I am actually making a point about literacy, and no you weren't literate enough to get that. 

Read carefully...

What a difference  a comma would have made in Buhos post TuB.  What with Dalyo missing a 'not'  and Buho missing a comma, the pedants are  havin a field day  today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He says he won't move to another football club

That's because they'll be football franchises when he does move. 🙂

41 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Read carefully...

Fair play TVB, your reputation for criticising Webber precedes you... I had automatically read Buh's post the way it was meant to be read and your response as a rebuttal - apologies. 

''Noice! Can’t argue he’s NOT had a huge impact here''

• Like 1

I think he's also done a bit of a u-turn in deciding to stay on, so I wouldn't pay much regard to what he may or may not do in the future.

It's great news he is staying though, as he's fundamental to how our club operates on and off the pitch. I've got a sneaky suspicion he may stick around to oversee some big changes in the not so distant future, and I can see his role evolving way beyond the football side.