Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

AGM Tonight

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

"....and now, without further delay, a man I'm a great fan of and I know you all are to. Accompanied tonight by his stripper troupe, let's all give a warm Norwich City welcome to Uncle Fred...aka Captain Scampi and his Fishy Fingered exotic dancers!"

OTBC

Good ol’ MWJ…….re-living his punk days with that sharp new haircut

• Haha 2

This article tells you about most of the stuff that Webber talked about

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-sporting-director-has-signed-new-contract-8517314

This is a text update of all the questions

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-agm-live-updates-carrow-road-2021-8517820

Not sure how many were there but I'd guess at about 250 and  heard there were around 100 people watching on zoom

Edited by Diane

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

But zero detail.

What are they trying to hide? Club’s a joke. 

Exactly and still no mention of the Gunn club scampi situation 

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

A bit disingenuous from the Smiths tonight:

Bernie from Norfolk next. He is keen to see a supporter representative on the board.

Tom Smith says Norwich City have five supporters already on the board.

Delia Smith: 'If we took another fan on the board who was a supporter, they would be another supporter.' 

Which slides past the point that a proper supporter representative on the board would be elected by the fans rather than being invited to join by the majority shareholders and the other directors.

I notice the Crouch Report on trying to bring some sanity back to football, and especially its finances, is recommending a golden share for fans to veto certain changes at their club, such as the colours, or the sale of the stadium.

Risking a touch of immodesty,; I think I was the first person anywhere to suggest this idea, about 12 years ago, although I crucially included a veto over any potential sale of the club.

The various proposals are all pretty obvious, and the Premier League in particular will of course use its muscle to fight them. However the difference this time may be that it seems  the government is supporting the plans. But also of course this is a government led by Boris Johnson, whose word is never to be relied on.

28 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

this is a government led by Boris Johnson, whose word is never to be relied on.

"led" is a bit of an exageration. His version of leadership is bumbling along saying what people want to hear in an affable way and hoping that someone else will sort everything out for him.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

My outfit is ready 

8E31627C-5D3D-45E1-B021-EFB5F8C82A11.jpeg

Where is that tattoo you keep blathering on about ? No forget that as it probably will come under the classification of too much information.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Where is that tattoo you keep blathering on about ? No forget that as it probably will come under the classification of too much information.

Never heard of Pandoras  Box Tillo? Some questions are  better  left unasked.   😉😉👍

Is that you @ricardo  with your head bowed, scribbling notes maybe 😀 not that we can see much of you (picture from the edp)

ricardo (1).jpg

Edited by Diane
Spello

17 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

A bit disingenuous from the Smiths tonight:

Bernie from Norfolk next. He is keen to see a supporter representative on the board.

Tom Smith says Norwich City have five supporters already on the board.

Delia Smith: 'If we took another fan on the board who was a supporter, they would be another supporter.' 

Which slides past the point that a proper supporter representative on the board would be elected by the fans rather than being invited to join by the majority shareholders and the other directors.

I am really surprised that Delia does not seem to understand there is a huge difference between "a supporter who has been on the Board for 25 years" and a new representative for the rank and file supporter. There is no comparison. In a nutshell it indicated to me that she is in control for the foreseeable future. She can obviously rely on the family support and whilst Stephan and Foulger are good chaps they are unlikely to confront her. I accept the Board has done reasonably well - with the help of Stuart Webber - but the addition of someone with some fresh thinking and experience to my mind would be a plus point.

16 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Another AGM goes by and I still don’t know what value Nepotism Tom gives to the club 

I'm truly baffled she hasn't left her shares to you

37 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm truly baffled she hasn't left her shares to you

She might if he promised never to wear that ' Blue Suit ' again.

23 hours ago, vos said:

I did notice the other night that the stairs/entrance etc to the Lounge looks as if they have been expensively refurbished. Unfortunately I am a "very old supporter" amongst the riff raff at the River End and barely a penny has been spent at that end for many years. I do use the "tradesman's lift" which I believe they moved from the Nest many years ago. 

Someone mentioned a free bar drink. I certainly think every shareholder attending should be offered one. Bearing in mind the current income for the Club it would cost NCFC absolutely peanuts. I did actually mention this to a Director some years ago. He said he would think about it !!

He thought about it, and drank yours.....

22 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

But zero detail.

What are they trying to hide? Club’s a joke. 

Quite.

Not the sort of comment I had you down for. Have you changed your mind?

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Quite.

Not the sort of comment I had you down for. Have you changed your mind?

Whoosh  of the century Ethicso.! Your descendants  will be proud. 

• Haha 1