Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Playoffs anyone?.

Yes, I know we''ve just beaten two possible relegation sides, but we have scored 5 and conceeded none haven''t we?. Well being slightly desperate but hopeful, can we reach the playoffs?.

Even if we did, there are some good teams up there, so even if we did get there, could we hope to compete with them?.

I''m trying not to get too carried away here, but there are positive signs in my opinion, that our new players, especially the strikers, are now starting to gel.

Am I wrong or barmy to think that maybe our season isn''t over just yet?.

Am I wrong to call for a temporary stop to the WO/KTF arguement, until we know for certain  if we can or can''t get in the top six.

If we beat Palace Saturday, then maybe, just maybe, the season is back on for us!.

Thoughts please.

Let''s see - we need at least 27pts to stand a realistic chance of making 6th position:-

Sat Feb 25 Crystal Palace A - 1-1 = 1pt

Sat Mar 4 Stoke City H - 3-0 = 3pts

Sat Mar 11 Leeds United A - 3-0 = 0pts

Sat Mar 18 Sheffield United H - 1-2 = 0pts

Fri Mar 24 Burnley (7.45pm) A - 0-0 = 1pt

Sat Apr 1 Leicester City H - 1-1 = 1pt

Sat Apr 8 Preston North End A - 3-1 = 0pts

Sat Apr 15 Sheffield Wednesday (3.15pm) A - 2-2 = 1pt

Mon Apr 17 Queens Park Rangers  H - 2-1 = 3pts

Sat Apr 22 Cardiff City A - 1-3 = 3pts

Sun Apr 30 Wolverhampton Wanderers H - 1-1 = 1pt

A total of 14pts.

Nah - No promotion this season.

I can see a lady singing. She''s overwieght, with bingo wings and that funny waddle. But I wouldn''t say she was obese just yet. That''s when I''ll say it''s over.

We have certainly left it late but if (and a very big if) we can produce some form then who knows? Good call Wiz. I am on the Worthy out side of the fence and a couple of poor results will see us out of the playoffs for definite. That will be the time to demand a change. In the meantime we need to support the club including the manager. I''m not suggesting I love Worthy car stickers or anything, just let the guy do his job. As the saying goes, give him enough rope................................

I would love to see us get there and you never know with a run of wins we could make it

The top 6 deserve to be there as they look the best 6 in the league this season, but if anyone else was to reach the playoffs this season it wouldnt suprise me if that team went on to get promotion as there is always one suprise team who makes a late run into the playoffs (like west ham and palace)

Lets hope its us then

Wiz

Your posts amuse me! You are the perfect characture of the fickle fan! Your opinion and hopes oscillate between two extremes. One minute you believe us to be heading first class to the Conference, and then two wins later, a tiny hope has rekindled in your brain that maybe, just maybe, we might make the playoffs!

Long may you be the embodiment of the fickle fan!

Personally, for us to make the playoffs we need a run of Herculean magnitude to make the playoffs this season. That''s not impossible, just improbable. It would help if one of Palace or Preston spectacularly imploded. But whatever the outcome, we will have to win at Palace at the weekend.... And I would really appreciate it if someone could remind me when the last time we won at Selhurst Park... As I can''t remember... All I can think of is AJ diving and cheating us out of three points, 2-1 defeats... A 5-1 mauling under the brilliance of Antilla Lombardo''s managership... I can''t even remember us beating Wimbledon at Selhurst Park! Anyone know when we last won there?

YES GET TO THE PLAY OFFS .THEN UP TO THE PREM ,then what record scores against us ,well thats that one put to bed gee wizz .GET THE IDIOT OUT WILLIAMS IN (THE MAGIC)

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Yes, I know we''ve just beaten two possible relegation sides, but we have scored 5 and conceeded none haven''t we?. Well being slightly desperate but hopeful, can we reach the playoffs?.

Even if we did, there are some good teams up there, so even if we did get there, could we hope to compete with them?.

I''m trying not to get too carried away here, but there are positive signs in my opinion, that our new players, especially the strikers, are now starting to gel.

Am I wrong or barmy to think that maybe our season isn''t over just yet?.

Am I wrong to call for a temporary stop to the WO/KTF arguement, until we know for certain  if we can or can''t get in the top six.

If we beat Palace Saturday, then maybe, just maybe, the season is back on for us!.

Thoughts please.

[/quote]

You really take the position of "blowing hot and cold" to new limits wiz.

i do not believe at all that it was over in november, as we were only 1 point outside the top 6 after we beat leicester! but onto now, i dont think we will make the play-offs, but agreed, we do need to back them until it is impossible.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Wiz

Your posts amuse me! You are the perfect characture of the fickle fan! Your opinion and hopes oscillate between two extremes. One minute you believe us to be heading first class to the Conference, and then two wins later, a tiny hope has rekindled in your brain that maybe, just maybe, we might make the playoffs!

Long may you be the embodiment of the fickle fan!

Personally, for us to make the playoffs we need a run of Herculean magnitude to make the playoffs this season. That''s not impossible, just improbable. It would help if one of Palace or Preston spectacularly imploded. But whatever the outcome, we will have to win at Palace at the weekend.... And I would really appreciate it if someone could remind me when the last time we won at Selhurst Park... As I can''t remember... All I can think of is AJ diving and cheating us out of three points, 2-1 defeats... A 5-1 mauling under the brilliance of Antilla Lombardo''s managership... I can''t even remember us beating Wimbledon at Selhurst Park! Anyone know when we last won there?

[/quote]

Older posters on here (in post count that is) know that the wiz is a split personality with a twist. One side of him is a City supporter par excellence, the other wiz posts to spark furious debate!.

You decide which wiz started this thread Poirot.

Personally, pound for pound, and on paper, we have the best team in the league in my opinion, we also, again IMO have the worst manager in the league, but if NW can find some serious luck somewhere, and we beat Palace, then I think we will make the playoffs.

Its that black and white for me.

But come Saturday evening we will all know whether or not the managers recent speeches were really spin or based on his proffessional knowledge!

A time to put things in to perspective.   Next week''s away trip to Palace and the home game with Stoke will tell us how good the current team is capable of being.  Brighton and Derby were both poor but, to be fair, you can only beat what is put in front of you (and we have managed to previously screw up against the likes of Crewe, Millwall and Sheff Weds, so there is an improvement there).

5 goals and none conceded - City should be going in to the Palace game full of convidence AND with a full squad, so there should be NO excuses this time.  As I have said, Palace and Stoke will tell us how good the current team/squad really is.  I won''t hold my breath as I still think we are weaker than we were 2 years ago BUT lets wait and see - I hope I am wrong. 

[quote user="ray ducker"]YES GET TO THE PLAY OFFS .THEN UP TO THE PREM ,then what record scores against us ,well thats that one put to bed gee wizz .GET THE IDIOT OUT WILLIAMS IN (THE MAGIC)[/quote]

does this actually make any sense to anyone?  note to forum moderators: we should simplify the message board by keeping it all in one language - may I suggest English?

[quote user="NimChimpskee"]

[quote user="ray ducker"]YES GET TO THE PLAY OFFS .THEN UP TO THE PREM ,then what record scores against us ,well thats that one put to bed gee wizz .GET THE IDIOT OUT WILLIAMS IN (THE MAGIC)[/quote]

does this actually make any sense to anyone?  note to forum moderators: we should simplify the message board by keeping it all in one language - may I suggest English?

[/quote]

I think what he is suggesting is that if we did somehow get promoted we would get relegated just like last time. Everyone forgets 10 points adrift untill Helveg Shackell and Safri were started in their proper positions

Beat the palace an easy three points from stoke thats 13 ponts from 15 since hull could be game on..Fail to get 6 points from palace and stoke season over.Could worthy really end up a hero idont think so somehow. fingers crossed and all that untill 4.55 on sat.