Sjb

New Crest

What is wrong with a crest that has not been changed since before the glory days of 50 years ago and is automatically associated therewith. 

The current design is a cheap and nasty bland looking  crest and is not in keeping with the tradition of tasteful crests sported by our peers throughout the English Football leagues.

This is akin to Nero fiddling whilst Rome was burning and the only beneficiary of this act of wanton vandalism is the consultancy who have needlessly produced an inferior design.

The new crest needs to be consigned to where it rightfully belongs, i.e. in the rubbish bin, the current crest retained and the designer be requested to compensate the club for such a poor, second rate design, which a 5 year old kid could have come up with.

• Like 3

I work in the marketing and sales world and I think it is quite good. As has been  pointed out before in the thread , I think just the ball is not good. On the whole it has been well designed imho.

Edited by ROBFLECK

Yep, I like the new design, but that ball just isn’t good at all, it’s certainly cleaner and modern without too big a change. 
That ball is just not a football, it looks like we’re a bowling team!

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

Right. A moving ball. With a canary perched on it. Plausible.

I am only telling you what the designer apparently thought he was indicating. The point is that whatever the designer intended the end result was rubbish and needed to be changed. In doing so they should, as others have said, added proper panels to the football, rather than leaving it blank.

21 minutes ago, Vaughan Elias said:

What is wrong with a crest that has not been changed since before the glory days of 50 years ago and is automatically associated therewith. 

The current design is a cheap and nasty bland looking  crest and is not in keeping with the tradition of tasteful crests sported by our peers throughout the English Football leagues.

This is akin to Nero fiddling whilst Rome was burning and the only beneficiary of this act of wanton vandalism is the consultancy who have needlessly produced an inferior design.

The new crest needs to be consigned to where it rightfully belongs, i.e. in the rubbish bin, the current crest retained and the designer be requested to compensate the club for such a poor, second rate design, which a 5 year old kid could have come up with.

Do they limit hours for internet access in your nursing home, afraid the residents might over-excite themselves?

• Haha 1

I like it,at least it has brought it up to date.

As far as the canary is concerned,it makes the original look very poor.Whether it looks like canary doesn't seem to matter to me because the fact it is a canary comes over simply because of the colour and the connection to Norwich City.

I can see the point of the ball appearing to be just a circle.A bit of detail would have been better.

The only thing that stands out for me is the lions front standing leg.If it is supposed to represent the lion outside the City Hall it should be straight.

There have been some very good modern badges. I thought Brentford's new one was a big improvement on the old, Brighton's isn't bad either, Liverpool's has looked better over time and I really like that new, revised Hartlepool one.

And yes, someone said we've got one of the few badges that doesn't name the team. It doesn't need it. That's what the castle and lion are for as the Norwich coat of arms. Throw in the yellow and green colour scheme and the canary and we don't need the name as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Much better modern design which will be far easier to use on assets going forward and also probably better looking on a tv screen but the old farts won't like it.

I'm an old fart and I like it. It'll look less like a badge sewn on to the kit and the two colour design stands out like an emblem. The canary's splayed foot conveys the shape of the ball, so no lines needed.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

I understand some of the money saving motives for this change, but I disagree with it still. 

I don't like the new badge, on the whole I think its a substantial downgrade on the previous edition. 

• Like 1

I'm thinking the lion is a better likeness of but the angle/posture is out of place with the overall design. If you look at the old one the way the lion looks is more circular and thus fits in with the rest of the angles/curves. With the new one it looks like it is 3 random images placed onto a badge.

Edited by KiwiScot

On 23/11/2021 at 21:47, nutty nigel said:

May be an image of outdoors

I think this shows the benefit of the new canary, imagine the old one projected like that...though I do still prefer the old one on the badge...

Another point which may or may not have been mentioned is that this will be far easier to print onto shirts, which will be quicker, cheaper and hopefully means we won't get peeling transfers anymore...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Well that's f*cking sh*t. 2 years to design that? Looks like it's been done on MS Paint. Think I preferred Leeds' rebranding

Now now come on nothing is as bad as that Leeds badge

On 23/11/2021 at 21:08, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This is something we will be lumbered with for potentially decades to come and all for a worse version of the crest we currently have.

The definition of faux outrage is people being up in arms over a bloody sponsor on a shirt which the club would have only had for 1 year. The cancellation of which cost the club millions

That said, Lotus was a very good replacement

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Well that's f*cking sh*t. 2 years to design that? Looks like it's been done on MS Paint. Think I preferred Leeds' rebranding

Incorrect. Even if you think you think that. 😆

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now now come on nothing is as bad as that Leeds badge

No. But the 'research' we have done into this seems akin to theirs, and feels like the scouring of Europe that we did before deciding the best appointee on the continent was Neil Adams

6 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Norwich City's “progressive” new crest designed by SomeOne | Design Week

Untitledx.png

Think I much prefer mine (at least the tail is the right length)

That's a budgies tail you have .😁

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Guide To Caring For Canaries – naturalworldpets

This is a canary. What the f*ck is the thing on the new crest supposed to be? Looks like someones chopped it's sodding tail off. Looks like a bird Id draw when I was 5

Can't we just photoshop that picture into the crest instead - ultra realism, sod the digital replication requirements!  😆

• Like 1

On 23/11/2021 at 19:03, cambridgeshire canary said:

Castle- Better

Lion- Better

But the Canary.. not a fan. And it needs black outlines!

The old design actually looks like a Norwich canary, the new one has the outline of a chaffinch ? Google it and see the difference.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It’s been curtailed...😎

Personally, I think a canary that looks like a canary is more important than making sure everything squeezes onto a shield shape, which if centralising the ball is what this is all about is a shape that doesnt lend itself to an anatomically correct canary by being tapered at the bottom.

Why not have a canary that looks like a canary and sacrifice the shield shape so you dont have to give it a short tail and make it look stupid.

Tail too short, body shape wrong, too fat, wings wrong. 

Lion does look better but has less authenticity apparently as now its just any old lion instead of one taken from the coat of arms of the city. No authenticity, no point. We're the canaries not the lions. Drop the lion and the castle if theyre not going to have any authenticity and give us a canary that looks like one.

Edited by The Great Mass Debater