Sjb

New Crest

20 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

I concur, the previous canary was too whimsical, too dainty.  A canary that would tend towards reading Bryon and less Ginsberg. Nope, quite right, I sit with you Jockstrap. And I’m unequivocal about it too.

Indeed! Our last canary was probably an Albert, a Charles, maybe an Anthony.

This new one - a Maximus. An Orion. A Titan.

The new canary will have a copy of Sun Tzu's 'The Art Of War' as bed time reading.

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.” - i.e. It would be good if we could play Ipswich every week.

I like the cut of his jib! 

OTBC

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Indeed! Our last canary was probably an Albert, a Charles, maybe an Anthony.

This new one - a Maximus. An Orion. A Titan.

The new canary will have a copy of Sun Tzu's 'The Art Of War' as bed time reading.

“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.” - i.e. It would be good if we could play Ipswich every week.

I like the cut of his jib! 

OTBC

Never stop posting Jockstrap. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

What next, a rap version of On The Ball City?

We'll probably have to at some stage as it has the word win in it and that's bound to upset someone at some point, ie those that don't believe in winning and get offended at the thought of it 😬

Pleased its not been changed too much and not too disappointed with it either 

some of the outrage has been comical and I’d expect nothing less 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

This is something we will be lumbered with for potentially decades to come and all for a worse version of the crest we currently have.

The definition of faux outrage is people being up in arms over a bloody sponsor on a shirt which the club would have only had for 1 year. The cancellation of which cost the club millions

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

No, nothing like the stitching on an old ball.

Yes it is, specifically the laced up bit around the stitching on the old school leather balls. Like the bits that still exist on American Footballs.

25 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Definitely this.

16 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yes it is, specifically the laced up bit around the stitching on the old school leather balls. Like the bits that still exist on American Footballs.

It really isn't. As Pete Raven has said earlier on in the thread, the artist's apparent intention was that those lines were meant to indicate the ball moving.

Much better modern design which will be far easier to use on assets going forward and also probably better looking on a tv screen but the old farts won't like it.

Edited by Michael Starr

Quite like it. The canary looks a bit more aggressive with the curl around and into the eye, along with the beak. Agree with those who say the ball needs panels, but that's the only change I'd make to it.

I remember the current badge being introduced which replaced the canary on a twig and though I preferred the original then, I do like this new one.                     Can’t help feeling we have more pressing issues to worry about though such as supporting Dean Smith sorting out one or two individuals with egos bigger than the team ethic...

Notice on various national media pages on FB, MOTD etc it seems to have gone down really well with neutrals, even the binners seem to begrudgingly like it. 

New one made me realise just how crap the castle and lion looked on the old one.

• Like 1

The new crest is growing on me. I agree with everyone saying it'll look better with a black outline. 

I just done some googling and most football crests have at least three different colours on their crests. 

I even think a white outline on the canary might improve the design... There's just something missing. 

I like the simplicity of it though and colours can easily be changed on our away and keeper kits too (sacrilege I know) 

I'll bow to the superior knowledge of corporate marketers but surely a unique selling point of City is tradition / history? Oldest song in the world, trying hard to avoid all aspects of modern football and yet gone down the route of branding. Don't suppose it really matters but just seems a waste of time. Its not an abomination like the Juventus effort but still doesn't seem needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canario said:

I'll bow to the superior knowledge of corporate marketers but surely a unique selling point of City is tradition / history? Oldest song in the world, trying hard to avoid all aspects of modern football and yet gone down the route of branding. Don't suppose it really matters but just seems a waste of time. Its not an abomination like the Juventus effort but still doesn't seem needed.

Are we though? Only the so-called self-funding aspect of the way our club is run springs to my mind and, of course, that's total and due to it being born out of necessity.

Everything else, from having a DoF to sponsorship to the complete modernisation of the  Colney facilities are surely up there with every trend. Big screen, razzmatazz, restaurants and 'tat' from the club shop all put us very much in the mix it would seem. Throw in having club web and social media sites and the list goes on, and far from avoiding all aspects of the modern game we are, in fact, quite a trendy little outfit. 

NCFC survives, above all, as a commercial enterprise and as such feeds upon exposure, whether this be television hits for the home audience or for those abroad, or high-profiling within East Anglia it's self.

Television, press and spreading the image. Even the icing on the cake, the attracting of promising youth from smaller clubs (ITFC?) relies upon our image and facilities to a greater or lesser extent.

For this, branding is vital. It is part and parcel of the advertising package. All businesses, whether big or small, use it to become known and increase potential sales.

All we have done is modernise our badge/logo in accord with, or in advance of, current trending. It was a  necessary small step and is, in my opinion, very good. We need to make such constant reminders that we are not the backwater that some perceive.  

It's dangerous being stuck in mud and relying on tradition and history in order to survive. We need not look far to realise just how dangerous. Any business enterprise needs to move with the times to be successful.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

Why don't we have a home crest and an away crest? I'd also see the tactical point of a dual crest. While Pukki would involve the opposition keeper in a spot-the-difference game, Norman could score from the halfway line.    

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Quite like it. The canary looks a bit more aggressive with the curl around and into the eye, along with the beak. Agree with those who say the ball needs panels, but that's the only change I'd make to it.

They'll get round to that in another fifty years...🤓

10 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It really isn't. As Pete Raven has said earlier on in the thread, the artist's apparent intention was that those lines were meant to indicate the ball moving.

Right. A moving ball. With a canary perched on it. Plausible.

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Right. A moving ball. With a canary perched on it. Plausible.

All the ball needs is a bit of discreet shading somewhere.

I thought that the Man on the Moon wanted to get to Norwich, not the Bird on the Moon.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Are we though? Only the so-called self-funding aspect of the way our club is run springs to my mind and, of course, that's total and due to it being born out of necessity.

Everything else, from having a DoF to sponsorship to the complete modernisation of the  Colney facilities are surely up there with every trend. Big screen, razzmatazz, restaurants and 'tat' from the club shop all put us very much in the mix it would seem. Throw in having club web and social media sites and the list goes on, and far from avoiding all aspects of the modern game we are, in fact, quite a trendy little outfit. 

NCFC survives, above all, as a commercial enterprise and as such feeds upon exposure, whether this be television hits for the home audience or for those abroad, or high-profiling within East Anglia it's self.

Television, press and spreading the image. Even the icing on the cake, the attracting of promising youth from smaller clubs (ITFC?) relies upon our image and facilities to a greater or lesser extent.

For this, branding is vital. It is part and parcel of the advertising package. All businesses, whether big or small, use it to become known and increase potential sales.

All we have done is modernise our badge/logo in accord with, or in advance of, current trending. It was a  necessary small step and is, in my opinion, very good. We need to make such constant reminders that we are not the backwater that some perceive.  

It's dangerous being stuck in mud and relying on tradition and history in order to survive. We need not look far to realise just how dangerous. Any business enterprise needs to move with the times to be successful.

How about the environment? 

Why the sustainable coffee cup but not the sustainable badge?