Sjb

New Crest

Thoughts on new crest? 

Don't see how it's an improvement, feel it's change for the sake of a change. 

Screenshot_20211123-184448_Chrome.jpg

It's a design rather than a picture, and similar to the way Swansea FC upgraded their badge a couple or so years ago.

A more modern look.

I like it a lot. 

• Like 10

Two of the details that were amateurish have been improved. The lion looks much more like a lion, and the rubbish shading on the ball has been removed, although it still looks more like a beachball than a football.

The castle is better designed, and while I can see arguments for and against the new canary, I think the slightly more outliney modern design looks fine. Overall it is definitely better than the old design.

Edited by PurpleCanary

As there’s a whole new post, may as well copy & paste my thoughts here too… 

As someone in the marketing and communications world, it doesn’t surprise me that this has been done. Centre-aligning and simplifying brand architecture makes it much easier to build further assets upon it.

I’m not too much against the new logo, except for the ball… seems a bit of a bland circle. I’d have preferred it if the ball mirrored the two lines on the canaries wing, to make it look like an old football and feel more connected. I’d jump on photoshop to mock it up, if it people were bothered and if I wouldn’t get a ‘cease and desist’ notice for infringement. 😁

• Like 1

Just now, Robornio said:

As there’s a whole new post, may as well copy & paste my thoughts here too… 

As someone in the marketing and communications world, it doesn’t surprise me that this has been done. Centre-aligning and simplifying brand architecture makes it much easier to build further assets upon it.

I’m not too much against the new logo, except for the ball… seems a bit of a bland circle. I’d have preferred it if the ball mirrored the two lines on the canaries wing, to make it look like an old football and feel more connected. I’d jump on photoshop to mock it up, if it people were bothered and if I wouldn’t get a ‘cease and desist’ notice for infringement. 😁

I agree about the ball. I wouldn't worry about cease and desist now David McNally has left...

• Haha 1

I'm glad we retained the fact that, unlike most, the club's name doesn't appear on the badge.

Canary image says it all, really.

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

and the rubbish shading on the ball has been removed

I always assumed it was the old school stitching that ancient leather balls used to have rather than shading. I also assumed it was point on the avoid it looking like a rubbish, pointless circle.

Oops.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I always assumed it was the old school stitching that ancient leather balls used to have rather than shading. I also assumed it was point on the avoid it looking like a rubbish, pointless circle.

Oops.

No, nothing like the stitching on an old ball. It was just shading. And wanting it removed didn't mean I wanted the ball to be blank. They could have used a modern panelled ball or an old-style panelled one:

endirektdesign on Twitter: "• Norwich City ReDesign • @NorwichCityFC  #norwichcity #redesign #footballdesign #footballlogo #endirektdesign  https://t.co/4G68KtYtP8" / Twitter

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's a design rather than a picture, and similar to the way Swansea FC upgraded their badge a couple or so years ago.

A more modern look.

I like it a lot. 

There it is! 

The new canary looks like one mean hombre.

The kind that would smash an opposition player into the third row of the South Stand in the 1st minute of a game. 

The kind that would cup his ear and give it big to the opposition fan's as he scores the winning goal.

The kind that would undertake any kind of underhand sh1thousery needed to win a game.

This canary is the hero Norwich deserves AND needs right now.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

No, nothing like the stitching on an old ball. It was just shading. And wanting it removed didn't mean I wanted the ball to be blank. They could have used a modern panelled ball or an old-style panelled one:

endirektdesign on Twitter: "• Norwich City ReDesign • @NorwichCityFC  #norwichcity #redesign #footballdesign #footballlogo #endirektdesign  https://t.co/4G68KtYtP8" / Twitter

The lines on the ball were to give it the illusion of moving through the air. Apparently. 

38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Castle- Better

Lion- Better

But the Canary.. not a fan. And it needs black outlines!

The Canary takes detail away while the Castle and Lion look more detailed. Canary is too minimalistic in my opinion, but it’s personal taste.

I agree on the black outline, sure I’ll get used to it in time but looks odd without it. 

Actually, I think they have nailed it. After studying it for a few mins and taking it in, when going back to the old badge, it suddenly looked very dated, which it is. 

It’s cleaner, sharper…..modern and they have kept the principle of the original badge which was really important. 

Much improved, and guarantees premier league survival 😜

• Like 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

The new canary looks like one mean hombre.

The kind that would smash an opposition player into the third row of the South Stand in the 1st minute of a game. 

The kind that would cup his ear and give it big to the opposition fan's as he scores the winning goal.

The kind that would undertake any kind of underhand sh1thousery needed to win a game.

This canary is the hero Norwich deserves AND needs right now.

OTBC

I concur, the previous canary was too whimsical, too dainty.  A canary that would tend towards reading Bryon and less Ginsberg. Nope, quite right, I sit with you Jockstrap. And I’m unequivocal about it too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

So long as they don’t  p1ss around with Captain Canary . 

There’s plans in place to remove the cape and superhero outfit and put it in a blazer with an actual Captain’s hat akin to Captain Birdseye. That’s on the D.L. though, big consultation gone out on that too.

Hardly earth shattering. Looks a bit wishy washy.

No real opinion either way, just hope we didn't waste good money on the designers. 

16 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

The lines on the ball were to give it the illusion of moving through the air. Apparently. 

Oh dear! Didn't work at all in that case. Thanks Pete.