Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Wow, even better on replay

I remember seeing it live thinking ‘wow that’s special’

This is the first time I’ve seen it on highlights and it’s even better. The weight and accuracy of the pass was sublime.

A special player and so important for us 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Really gonna hurt when he leaves

Or going to be one of our greatest ever signings once we’ve stayed up 

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

That int working for me. I'm guessing it's that Normann pass that MOTD didn't even ****ing include in the highlights?

Tbf they had to leave time for Ian Wright to talk for 25 minutes about Billy Gilmour, the only Norwich player he's heard of.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Tbf they had to leave time for Ian Wright to talk for 25 minutes about Billy Gilmour, the only Norwich player he's heard of.

How Ian Wright still has a job on that show is one of the great mystery of our time.

12 minutes ago, 1902 said:

How Ian Wright still has a job on that show is one of the great mystery of our time.

Right up there with how Alan Shearer still has a job on that show. 

Just now, 1902 said:

Someone has to make Jenas's tea I guess?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Right up there with how Alan Shearer still has a job on that show. 

I would argue he is marginally better.... Not that that is an actual case for keeping him either. 

It's embarrassing that the world of sport commentary only considers analysts who have played at the top level and have a recognisable name when their actual ability to interpret and explain the game is so weak. 

Cricket used to at least employ county players with a better understanding, but since Sky came along its now just a retirement home for old England captains.

Edited by 1902

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Not working for me "too many redirects"    😞

Try Firefox if you can Ron

It’s a hot and horny piece of football that’s for sure; like its perpetrator, a perfect marriage of style and substance. He loves a long pass and, with Rashica (or Tzolis) in the ranks, and most teams likely to push on against us, he should have plenty of opportunities to hit the space. He clearly has a lot to offer us, both in terms of talent and grit. If it’s only for one season, so be it, but as we’re clearly staying up, it might be for two. 

3 hours ago, 1902 said:

I don't have anything against Wrighty. Always seems a good bloke. Just don't understand why the pundits pretend to have watched every game, when it's clearly not possible for them to have done so. For the games down the bottom of the bill it would be much better for the reporter who was actually there to present the highlights. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hackney Canary said:

It’s a hot and horny piece of football that’s for sure; like its perpetrator, a perfect marriage of style and substance. He loves a long pass and, with Rashica (or Tzolis) in the ranks, and most teams likely to push on against us, he should have plenty of opportunities to hit the space. He clearly has a lot to offer us, both in terms of talent and grit. If it’s only for one season, so be it, but as we’re clearly staying up, it might be for two. 

He's got a lot in common with the new canary, I reckon. A few sharp edges and a bit of a snarl. 

• Haha 1

Thing with Normann is when he's not playing that well, he's still good!

It was a fantastic pass although some might class it as hoofball.

Although, I noticed that Bethnal Y&G had put something up on Twitter to the effect that his passing success stats are actually very low, both short and long. Perhaps my grandmother was right after all: looks can be deceiving. 

6 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

And he's not even a real norwich player....

But that pass was something else. If ronaldo done it, it would be talked about and on the end credits no doubt 

8 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

And he's not even a real norwich player....

But that pass was something else. If ronaldo done it, it would be talked about and on the end credits no doubt 

The real comparison was with Cancelo’s cross in. I think this is pretty similar in terms of weight of pass and skill, but because Cancelo is Man City, there’s been lots on Social media and the Athletic wrote an article about it. Don’t see them writing about Normann’s pass.

• Like 1

Lovely pass.

Did it lead to a chance though? If not then I can't understand why people think it would be featured on Match of the Day?

18 hours ago, Hackney Canary said:

Although, I noticed that Bethnal Y&G had put something up on Twitter to the effect that his passing success stats are actually very low, both short and long. Perhaps my grandmother was right after all: looks can be deceiving. 

All depends whether you rely on stats.

How many players have assists after a three yard pass? How many attempts does Normann make etc.

Brilliant pass - thank you. Looked and saw and did it, all in about 1.5 seconds, if that.  Very far from hoofball, which I take to refer to the old Wimbledon/Cambridge United type approach of just pumping balls upfield to see what chances might come from them.  That is not what Normann did.  He saw a runner and passed precisely into the space available, cutting out the Southampton defenders on that side of the pitch.  Got to have that flexibility and variety and sheer quick thinking.  Trying to pass the ball into the net can be as ineffective and boring sometimes as hoofball.

MOTD coverage was awful last Saturday - our highlights were much shorter than those of other matches and all they could talk about was Farke's management of Gilmour.  Hello! There was a new manager's management of Gilmour to talk about and the way the match changed after Smudger made his tactical switches at half-time, at the very least.

However. there is one virtue in MOTD's approach to NCFC, which is that to a certain extent, it helps us to pass under the radar.  Not sure it'll mean that other managers and teams will underestimate us, but at least our methods weren't too much under the microscope.

Thank you again for the clip.

Edited by Jeremy Pymer