BroadstairsR

Big night in Binland.

I think when Paul Cook was appointed I always felt there was shades of Peter Grant, blame the players for everything, totally change the playing squad and go into reverse.

For all the "big investment" Cook let it slip that they'd made money on the summer deals after shipping out Liam Gibbs (to us) and  Dozzell and Downes.

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Can see Cook getting the boot. 
Shame 

Why? They’ve found their level. He’s doing an excellent job for them. I don’t know why they think they’re bigger than League 1. They’re part of League 1 now. Mid table is as good as it gets, maybe play offs 

The binners had better get used to that league for a long time to come.

But it's OK, because they can still bang on about their illustrious history. It apparently doesn't matter about the here or now, or even recent history. It also apparently doesn't seem to matter to them that actually, nobody cares, and they are just a total irrelevance of a football club, and have been for over 20 years - not just to Norwich fans but the whole of football in this country. But yeah, they'll always have the black and white footage of their trophy wins, for which most fans who were there are either probably pushing 80 or dead.

Edited by alex_ncfc

They are mildly excited about the respite they will receive from the rigours of Rotherham when they get to play Crewe.

Crewe Alexandra are now their idea of a possibly winable fixture to get them back on track. A club whose best ever finish was 11th in the Championship.

They are not even sure they will win that.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The binners play Paul Warne's Rotherham tonight in what may well be a season defining fixture.

Rotherham are flying high at the moment and on a decent winning run. The Boys from the Backwater, despite all and despite their team languishing well adrift from even the play-off spots, still fancy themselves for promotion.

They would, wouldn't they? Nothing new there.

This match should not only be of interest to keen "rivalists" like myself but also to City supporters in general as Paul Warne is well  known for being a Norwich boy and a keen Canary supporter.

Double incentive there, then.

He has consistently done well at Rotherham, making the very most of the limited resources at his disposal ..... although they did manage to erect their purpose-built New York Stadium, whilst we could never even afford a new stand.

I personally would put Warne alongside Russell Martin in the pecking order were we to ever consider 'one of our own' for the Carrow Road hot seat.

I'm hoping very much that there might be a little stream available on the naughty box, and I'd even be prepared to forgo Emmerdale,😊  to watch this game. 

I work with several Ipswich fans some of which went to the game tonight, I often talk about the pink un forum and that they are referred to as binners. They say to me why are we binners and I honestly don't know, Anyone know why that could shed some light on it?

4 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I work with several Ipswich fans some of which went to the game tonight, I often talk about the pink un forum and that they are referred to as binners. They say to me why are we binners and I honestly don't know, Anyone know why that could shed some light on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk1c3H28SRU

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Binner

There has to be a first for everything. I managed to resist watching an hour of synchronised knitting on Estonian television and used my naughty box to watch a Binner game.

It was enjoyable, although a bit of a hard slog, what with constant buffering and the need to listen to the commentary drawl and hype for the best part of ninety minutes. Mick Mills has a slow, deliberate, grand-fatherly presentation (I didn't realise that the South Suffolk accent was so dull,) and watching paint dry is the visual equivalent of his verbal input.

In a brief, but not uncommon moment of hilarity, the other chap waxed lyrical stating that there was nothing like Portman Road for an evening fixture, "whether it be for Rotherham or Inter Milan."  

They can't help it, can they? Whatever the occasion, whatever the set-backs, as soon as they become involved with anything ITFC their thinking automatically drifts back to happenings some forty odd years ago.

The match? Not a classic by any means. The result was on the cards after just five minutes, such was the instant superiority of the visitors. It was that obvious.

It was not so much that the Binners were out-classed or even out-played, they were just ignored for the most part by a better team. 

Boos, row upon row of empty blue seats and calls for a new manager concluded the experience.

Nothing changes.

Knit one, pearl one next Tuesday I guess.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Guy’s it’s not nice to mock those less fortunate than ourselves, just because these poor binners have to put up living in a very poor part of the UK, watch a really poor standard of football, from a third rate stadium……we should be kind and warm, more charitable to these lesser teams and their supporters this time or year! Merry Christmas……

By the way they sit 13th, can’t see them getting above this position if I’m honest, so they’re certainly not improving year on year, they’ve actually gone backwards and can’t see this squad ever getting anywhere near play offs, so sort of question why a pension company bought this club, is there any benefit to a third division football club when EFL has fair play system which actually hinders bigger fan based clubs and levels the playing field? I’m a little lost, but they’ve only won 1 in 5 games that relegation form!

• Haha 1

Bottom of the table Crewe at  home up next so surely things cannot get any worse ? 🤣

By the way TWTD this morning is still not a place for the faint hearted.

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

No photo description available.

Guy in the middle has the wrong kind of gap in his head judging by his hand, dirty dawg.

18 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Guy in the middle has the wrong kind of gap in his head judging by his hand, dirty dawg.

Those cheeky, young lads should re-pose for this photo when they next win against us.

That said, I'm not sure it would be in good taste to have three coffins laid out next to a train.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

There has to be a first for everything. I managed to resist watching an hour of synchronised knitting on Estonian television and used my naughty box to watch a Binner game.

It was enjoyable, although a bit of a hard slog, what with constant buffering and the need to listen to the commentary drawl and hype for the best part of ninety minutes. Mick Mills has a slow, deliberate, grand-fatherly presentation (I didn't realise that the South Suffolk accent was so dull,) and watching paint dry is the visual equivalent of his verbal input.

In a brief, but not uncommon moment of hilarity, the other chap waxed lyrical stating that there was nothing like Portman Road for an evening fixture, "whether it be for Rotherham or Inter Milan."  

They can't help it, can they? Whatever the occasion, whatever the set-backs, as soon as they become involved with anything ITFC their thinking automatically drifts back to happenings some forty odd years ago.

The match? Not a classic by any means. The result was on the cards after just five minutes, such was the instant superiority of the visitors. It was that obvious.

It was not so much that the Binners were out-classed or even out-played, they were just ignored for the most part by a better team. 

Boos, row upon row of empty blue seats and calls for a new manager concluded the experience.

Nothing changes.

Knit one, pearl one next Tuesday I guess.

Whilst any organisation is drawing their only inspiration on something that happened 40 years ago , it will struggle . 
The obsession goes through the football club. 

Long may it continue 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

To be fair their most recent Inter Milan game was only twenty years ago 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

That must have been a friendly 😂

UEFA Cup, but still it's been twenty years!

1 minute ago, ncfcstar said:

UEFA Cup, but still it's been twenty years!

not one to defend the Binners - but that was more recently that us, in an competitive match

• Like 1

Their team line up appeared on my FB timeline last night as one of my friends commented on it, genuinely only heard of 2 of their starting 11. (Would have been 3 but Lee Evans wasn't the comedian)...... 

29 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Their team line up appeared on my FB timeline last night as one of my friends commented on it, genuinely only heard of 2 of their starting 11. (Would have been 3 but Lee Evans wasn't the comedian)...... 

That must have been the other 10 on the pitch then 😏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Those cheeky, young lads should re-pose for this photo when they next win against us.

5 great Last of the Summer Wine character names - Saga

• Haha 4