BroadstairsR

Big night in Binland.

The binners play Paul Warne's Rotherham tonight in what may well be a season defining fixture.

Rotherham are flying high at the moment and on a decent winning run. The Boys from the Backwater, despite all and despite their team languishing well adrift from even the play-off spots, still fancy themselves for promotion.

They would, wouldn't they? Nothing new there.

This match should not only be of interest to keen "rivalists" like myself but also to City supporters in general as Paul Warne is well  known for being a Norwich boy and a keen Canary supporter.

Double incentive there, then.

He has consistently done well at Rotherham, making the very most of the limited resources at his disposal ..... although they did manage to erect their purpose-built New York Stadium, whilst we could never even afford a new stand.

I personally would put Warne alongside Russell Martin in the pecking order were we to ever consider 'one of our own' for the Carrow Road hot seat.

I'm hoping very much that there might be a little stream available on the naughty box, and I'd even be prepared to forgo Emmerdale,😊  to watch this game. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

I personally would put Warne alongside Russell Martin in the pecking order were we to ever consider 'one of our own' for the Carrow Road hot seat

For a testimonial or charity game yes, but other than that it’s a definite no from me

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

The binners play Paul Warne's Rotherham tonight in what may well be a season defining fixture.

Rotherham are flying high at the moment and on a decent winning run. The Boys from the Backwater, despite all and despite their team languishing well adrift from even the play-off spots, still fancy themselves for promotion.

They would, wouldn't they? Nothing new there.

This match should not only be of interest to keen "rivalists" like myself but also to City supporters in general as Paul Warne is well  known for being a Norwich boy and a keen Canary supporter.

Double incentive there, then.

He has consistently done well at Rotherham, making the very most of the limited resources at his disposal ..... although they did manage to erect their purpose-built New York Stadium, whilst we could never even afford a new stand.

I personally would put Warne alongside Russell Martin in the pecking order were we to ever consider 'one of our own' for the Carrow Road hot seat.

I'm hoping very much that there might be a little stream available on the naughty box, and I'd even be prepared to forgo Emmerdale,😊  to watch this game. 

Binner 

Paul Warne never played for City FF, only Martin would have qualified for a testimonial.

Apparently there are similarities in their respective playing styles, whilst Warne, in fact, has achieved the same status for Rotherham as we seem to have achieved in recent seasons, only at a lower level.

They have begun to yo-yo from the Chumps to L. 1.   

I have a soft spot for them, tbh, their location (between Sheffield and Doncaster) in a small town means they have little going for them. They still soldier on. I wouldn't know of any investment behind them, but they are currently leaving the binners in their wake.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Paul Warne never played for City FF, only Martin would have qualified for a testimonial.

I wasn’t suggesting Warne gets a testimonial Broady, more that he could manage a team for one

I think for him to be considered he'd need to show an ability to play a more evolved brand of football. His Rotherham team were filthy when we played them not long ago.

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think for him to be considered he'd need to show an ability to play a more evolved brand of football. His Rotherham team were filthy when we played them not long ago.

Let's hope that they emulate that trait tonight then. 😉

They only picked up one yellow at Carrow Road.

This has got 1-1 written all over it, they are a funny side at the moment.. every time they threaten going on a run they then snatch a draw or defeat from the jaws of victory. A playoff spot  isn't beyond them, but I could see them lurking around 8-10th for most of the season, always on the cusp but just never getting going.

A fourth season... I love it, largely as I remember them mocking us for celebrating winning the league in our first attempt when we went down.

Nothing they try comes off. There must be something in the water down in the deepest Suffolk.

They have had quite a list of mangers over recent years, all coming with the usual hype and hope, yet all failing. They have tried all sorts (famous, young, experienced, agents) but none has managed to reverse that unstoppable decline into ignominy.

The one consistent factor is ITFC and their illustrious history.

As for Paul Cook, that statue of Alf Ramsey beside the stadium could do a better job than that lower league bruiser.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Is there a more awful team in football than Ipswich?

nothing about them at all. Just an abject failure in all conceivable ways. 

12 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Apparently there are similarities in their respective playing styles, whilst Warne, in fact, has achieved the same status for Rotherham as we seem to have achieved in recent seasons, only at a lower level.

They have begun to yo-yo from the Chumps to L. 1.   

I have a soft spot for them, tbh, their location (between Sheffield and Doncaster) in a small town means they have little going for them. They still soldier on. I wouldn't know of any investment behind them, but they are currently leaving the binners in their wake.

@BroadstairsR, Tony Stewart, the Rovrum owner is a local entrepreneur and slightly wealthier than Smith & Jones.  If he sells out then potentially a few more millions but has a big family (I know his niece) so unlikely. 

Strangely he is a Wednesday fan, but they rebuffed his advances when they were crying out for investment.  So he turned to Rovrum.  

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Is there a more awful team in football than Ipswich?

nothing about them at all. Just an abject failure in all conceivable ways. 

Come now Buh, be fair.

They are a very environmentally friendly club; they allow all kinds of plant life to grow out of the top of their stands.

The forest growing from Portman Road could be the difference between the planet warming by only 1.5 degrees and the end of days.

I hear the UN is thinking of giving the foliage official status by designating it 'The Suffolk Failerforest'.

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Come now Buh, be fair.

They are a very environmentally friendly club; they allow all kinds of plant life to grow out of the top of their stands.

The forest growing from Portman Road could be the difference between the planet warming by only 1.5 degrees and the end of days.

I hear the UN is thinking of giving the foliage official status by designating it 'The Suffolk Failerforest'.

OTBC

Ipswich town looking to go carbon neutral by next year when the last 8 fans they have don’t turn up anymore 

• Haha 1

Ipswich currently 10 points off the 34 points and 6th spot and played 1 game more than 5th & 4th spot teams also on 34 pts.

[ YAY Rotherham just got their 2nd !! ]

10 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Ipswich currently 10 points off the 34 points and 6th spot and played 1 game more than 5th & 4th spot teams also on 34 pts.

[ YAY Rotherham just got their 2nd !! ]

And only 9 points above the relegation spots, oh to have wealthy owners like wot they do....

Cambridge now above Ipswich.

Where are Ipswich in the Pride of Anglia table ?

Edited by K Lo

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

Cambridge now above Ipswich.

Where are Ipswich in the Pride of Anglia table ?

Blast, spoke too soon !

24 minutes ago, Rottingdean canary said:

2-0 down now.  And strangely only one goal so far in 5 Championship games

League 1.....

...........and a couple of weeks ago they were banging on about looking forward to the derby match next season.

Of course they probably will have a 'derby' match but it'll be against Rooney's lot and not us 😂