Harry53

A Fans Matchday View (with interviews)

I know TNC did a Matchday video on Saturday, and so did I !! 

I discuss the team line up at the pub (where else ?!!) and talk about expectations as we walk to the ground. Capturing the buzz and atmosphere as the teams come out, and especially the scenes as the final whistle blew was really special. I also interviewed a Southampton fan before the match and another just after, which I think makes interesting watching, all in 4K. In the description I have times of the various parts just in case viewers want only to skip to a certain point. Anyway, sorry for the plug, but Youtube videos are for sharing so I hope you enjoy it, if you drop by.

• Like 9

Pretty gracious Southampton fan at the end saying we deserved the win. I agree with him, but I'd have expected a little bit of sour grapes given how much they dominated in the first half.

How long has The Waterfront been an away fan haunt? I haven't approached the ground from Riverside for years and years. I didn't even know it was open before matches.

Certainly this season they have used the Waterfront. Quite funny as both sets of fans fire chants at each other !!!

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Pretty gracious Southampton fan at the end saying we deserved the win. I agree with him, but I'd have expected a little bit of sour grapes given how much they dominated in the first half.

How long has The Waterfront been an away fan haunt? I haven't approached the ground from Riverside for years and years. I didn't even know it was open before matches.

Was an away fans place in the 19/20 season if not before. 

Serious question Harry,  how long have you been an ncfc fan?

Are you looking to cover any away games?

Lovely to see the over 50s doing this stuff. With Harry being just below the average age of an attending Norwich fan could more people on here have a go please. 

52 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

IKR. Must be the most frail ancient person I’ve ever, ever seen

42 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Should do more, that was a good vid. 

Appreciated the tone of the discussions & ‘away fan walking’ interviews, plus some nice captions! Was kinda hoping for some fan’s-eye goal clips.. but that’s probably well into ‘you’d have to pay me to film every attacking move’ territory

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Lovely to see the over 50s doing this stuff. With Harry being just below the average age of an attending Norwich fan could more people on here have a go please. 

Bloody boomers can't just let us have anything exclusively can you. You had the free higher education, the job-for-life economy AND easy route to the housing ladder. You couldn't just let us have social media, could you?!

• Haha 2

Jolly good effort and a decent watch.....Agree with GA47 a positive of your filming was chatting to the opposition support pre and post game for their opinion and perspective.....

Today's football for those in their advancing years is the new alternative allotment, golf, pub snug, potting shed, greenhouse, stroll around Whitlingham Broad, maggot dangling, bingo, Cromer fish an' chips and maybe a comfy chair in peppermint rhino?... 😉 

31 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Bloody boomers can't just let us have anything exclusively can you. You had the free higher education, the job-for-life economy AND easy route to the housing ladder. You couldn't just let us have social media, could you?!

image.thumb.jpeg.003ec0dc13041aef40ef9c878c7c358e.jpeg

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Sorry Harry, but you could learn a thing or two from Alex Griffin.

Pains me to say it but i do enjoy his content.  That said their miserable time in L1 does enhance the enjoyment somewhat.  

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

36 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

. It's scrimmage btw. 😉

@The Bristol Nest

Your post follows on nicely from mine, which I was prompted to ask when @Harry53 didn't know the River End was called that!  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I can only presume that Harry has moved to Norfolk at some point as he would have known about the River End. 

Nah, he's a binner, obvs. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Seriously it would be great for more match days videos from fans on here. The longer the better starting from the breakfast table up to the match itself. 

And on to bed time...

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Seriously it would be great for more match days videos from fans on here. The longer the better starting from the breakfast table up to the match itself

I don't think the outside World is ready to see my pre match 'habits'

• Haha 1

Really spooky watch as I am unable to attend at the moment because of ill health and the blog from 7.28 showed my empty seat and the fans normally around me. I realised how much I miss the whole match day experience and had a lump in my throat as I watched it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Are you looking to cover any away games?

nearly 5 years. New to Norwich. TBH I have yet to go to an away game, but I seriously should consider doing so. No idea how to get a ticket though

18 hours ago, Greavsy said:

@The Bristol Nest

Your post follows on nicely from mine, which I was prompted to ask when @Harry53 didn't know the River End was called that!  

Because I am relatively new to NCFC. I did dig out more infor about the ground for the Walk In..Norwich Riverside video I made yesterday. It is currently being prepared for upload on my YouTube Channel (will be online about lunchtime ) https://youtu.be/y4XXJdA4rJ8 Tuesday 23rd

20 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

IKR. Must be the most frail ancient person I’ve ever, ever seen

Me Frail?? Super fit me !!! I have over 50 videos on my channel and if anyone wants a challenge at 66 years old then try canyoning as I did in NZ last year.Check out the video

2 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Me Frail?? Super fit me !!! I have over 50 videos on my channel and if anyone wants a challenge at 66 years old then try canyoning as I did in NZ last year.Check out the video

No question, Mr Harry! was idly winding up Mr Greavsy for the implication of his comment 🙂 

PS Didn’t have you down at being that senior.. but could have guessed from the ‘53. Nice canyoning action!

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Jolly good effort and a decent watch.....Agree with GA47 a positive of your filming was chatting to the opposition support pre and post game for their opinion and perspective.....

Today's football for those in their advancing years is the new alternative allotment, golf, pub snug, potting shed, greenhouse, stroll around Whitlingham Broad, maggot dangling, bingo, Cromer fish an' chips and maybe a comfy chair in peppermint rhino?... 😉 

I have always produced informative videos as i enjoy filming and editing. For me it is rewarding to share experiences and knowledge through channels like YouTube. if you visit my channel you can see at 68 I am not one to sit around watching daytime TV. I know people who still play tennis at 82 years old !! Age is just a number.

My channel has some interesting content. Check it out