Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Wolves pre match thoughts

No easy games in this league and Wolves will start firm favourites. We were pretty good 2nd half on Saturday but I suppose my concern is we didn't create that many chances all game really. Hopefully that will come but just need to make sure we don't lose the game before we've had a chance to win it. 

The team selection will be interesting and whether Todd starts or the team and formation that started the 2nd half.

A good omen possibly that Wolves played and beat Villa under Deano as did Southampton beat Villa! I'd take a point on the back of another solid performance.

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Everyone confident of a third straight win? Decent side are Wolves but a repeat of that second half on Saturday should keep the run going. Paddy Davitt thinks the match is at Molineux so may be stuck Christmas shopping at the Mander centre. 

Here’s the thing

Wolves represents a significant challenge. It’s not not Chelsea but it’s not Brentford if you know what I mean. It’s going to be tough

BUT

If we can get a win, that’s 3 straight wins, and that’s going to legitimately terrify teams down at the bottom of the table. They won’t like it at all.

Then the pressure gets piled on from the media, we’ve gone over the radar and the “I told you to play Gilmours” get louder and louder

Never forget, our continued existence in this league is a massive inconvenience to so many people. Pundits, owners. We are about as far from “on brand” as it gets in the premier league. That’s why we need to throw everything at it. Stay up out of spite of the established order

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Does this b****** (news) change anyone's opinion?

Think I'll wax my **** hairs on Saturday instead.

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Here’s the thing

Wolves represents a significant challenge. It’s not not Chelsea but it’s not Brentford if you know what I mean. It’s going to be tough

BUT

If we can get a win, that’s 3 straight wins, and that’s going to legitimately terrify teams down at the bottom of the table. They won’t like it at all.

Then the pressure gets piled on from the media, we’ve gone over the radar and the “I told you to play Gilmours” get louder and louder

Never forget, our continued existence in this league is a massive inconvenience to so many people. Pundits, owners. We are about as far from “on brand” as it gets in the premier league. That’s why we need to throw everything at it. Stay up out of spite of the established order

With  you on this Buho. **** 'em all.

3 hours ago, sonyc said:

Oh hell. Any chance he’s aware how often he’s messed us up and needs to make amends? I can’t remember how he was last season. Surprised to see him refereeing in the Prem !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Oh hell. Any chance he’s aware how often he’s messed us up and needs to make amends? I can’t remember how he was last season. Surprised to see him refereeing in the Prem !

Surprised to see him refereeing anywhere.

Did a number on Burnley the other day.

Outcome Saturday pretty random.

• Like 1

The problem with being in the position we are in is that every game feels like a dealbreaker. I’m already soiling myself about Saturday and it’s only Monday night! I’d take the draw and saddle up the horses for Newcastle.

Mind you, I think the team pretty much picks itself after Saturday, right? A full week under Deano and the Bard - who have already prepared a team to play Wolves, and have had the chance to watch carefully what works and what doesn’t - and… here I am talking myself into the win! 

That’s a sentiment I can get 100% behind! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Surprised to see him refereeing anywhere.

Did a number on Burnley the other day.

Outcome Saturday pretty random.

Btw Urban Dictionary defines Did A Number as:

To make significant change to, particularly in a negative way (ie to eat an obscene portion of food, to do a crappy job on a task, or to injure someone).
That fat **** sure did a number on the hot wings tray. Why did we invite him to this party?

5 minutes ago, Hackney Canary said:

That’s a sentiment I can get 100% behind! 

“No-one likes us, we don’t care”

Here’s the thing

BUT

Inject this. Then pin it to the dressing room wall. Or something.

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

Not him again, just about got us relegated in Neal’s time, I will never, ever forgive 

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

He was dreadful Saturday, looked unfit and way off the pace. Something we should all let him know Saturday, after he drops the first clanger.

It was a great result Saturday, but the most worrying thing for me was how narrow we played. For most of the game you could have driven a double decker bus up and down either wing and not hit one of our players. I certainly feel we could be seriously damaged by this, but I'm sure given more time it will get sorted by the new coaching team.

1 minute ago, First Wazzock said:

He was dreadful Saturday, looked unfit and way off the pace. Something we should all let him know Saturday, after he drops the first clanger.

It was a great result Saturday, but the most worrying thing for me was how narrow we played. For most of the game you could have driven a double decker bus up and down either wing and not hit one of our players. I certainly feel we could be seriously damaged by this, but I'm sure given more time it will get sorted by the new coaching team.

Agree. Wolves are a seriously decent team and though they had a slow start to the season, their strategic set up and speed of play / counter looks very good to me. A couple of proper strikers too in the squad. So, will be interesting for sure. Hope we are getting up to speed now .... Smith's job is to make the team believe in itself most of all. That second half showed it's possible. We will need that 'spirit' to be coursing through the team in such a difficult match. I'm still hopeful somehow.

As for Hooper, goodness he looks shocking - and even when he has been on VAR duties his decisions have been controversial at times...with the pundits gasping in disbelief.

I hope we get some kind of karma from his presence at some stage. ....like the next match!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/11/2021 at 17:36, sonyc said:

Beggars absolute belief this spangle of the highest order keeps getting top level matches. He screwed over Burnley last Saturday. 

On 22/11/2021 at 20:50, Hackney Canary said:

The problem with being in the position we are in is that every game feels like a dealbreaker. I’m already soiling myself about Saturday and it’s only Monday night! I’d take the draw and saddle up the horses for Newcastle.

Mind you, I think the team pretty much picks itself after Saturday, right? A full week under Deano and the Bard - who have already prepared a team to play Wolves, and have had the chance to watch carefully what works and what doesn’t - and… here I am talking myself into the win! 

Edited by mastoola
Answered wrong post

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Beggars absolute belief this spangle of the highest order keeps getting top level matches. He screwed over Burnley last Saturday. 

BUT thats 50% he will screw up in our favour.

On 22/11/2021 at 22:39, First Wazzock said:

From my elevated view in the Barclay a Southampton player  was clearly signalling to teammates by having outstretched arms and bringing hands together to narrow and condense the field of play leaving space for wide players. We seemed happy to allow this though as we rode our luck. it wasn’t until second half after substitutions and tactical changes we got the better of them and their tactics went on to win the game. 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2021 at 10:23, Hardhouse44 said:

It’s another home match which if we are hoping to avoid relegation we need to target a win.

Pretty stupid to "target" anything but a win, but wouldn't be unhappy with a point that keeps everything ticking over.

On 22/11/2021 at 22:48, sonyc said:

I hope we get some kind of karma from his presence at some stage. ....

It’s about fkng time with Hooper. We’re owed some. I didn’t even realise he was a Prem ref still. My best mate’s a Wolves fan so I’m sure this will go their way purely to p1ss me off 😁

On 22/11/2021 at 11:35, Midlands Yellow said:

Wolves away form this season. 

P6 W3 D1 L2 F7 A 6 

Very decent, don’t score or concede many. Could be a tight one where a draw would feel pleasing and win orgasmic. 

Wolves have had a fairly light schedule so far and still have to play Liverpool, ManCity, Chelsea and Arsenal by Boxing Day. Oh yeah, and us of course! 

Dean Smith has the advantage of having played them already which should be a help for us in terms of preparation.

If we get in their faces and take our chances we should be OK. Both Brentford and Palace got results against them.

There's no reason why we can't do the same. 

On 22/11/2021 at 14:58, smooth said:

A whole week of Shakey and Deano leading the way, a solid win against soton when so many players had been away on international duty. They will be concerned that they will not know how we will set up.

I know our expectations for the season are low with hope that we find a groove or players rise up. Can the new manager find that, it is possible. We need to be more fearless in the way we challenge the opposition, make decisive decisions in tackles, blocks and shots. We have a run of games here that we need to get results from. A draw is good but we can step it up and push for that win, we need sins to stay in this league and we aren't playing a Liverpool so we should go for it

A whole week of the SAS. How refreshing is that for the players. Morale and belief at an all time high.

2-0 NCFC. Pukki and someone else?

MoM - Pukki. 

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

A whole week of the SAS. How refreshing is that for the players. Morale and belief at an all time high.

2-0 NCFC. Pukki and someone else?

MoM - Pukki. 

2.1 win for me, Pukki and Rashica.