Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Other results..

Of course, with our own optimism comes the need to look and see what other teams are doing in and around us.

Obviously Southampton in 14th position now, having lost to... us.

Burnley drew with Palace.

Newcastle drew with Brentford.

Watford won

Villa won

Leeds just lost.

That has us 3 points from Leeds who are 17th. Certainly all to play for!

• Like 1

Leeds aren't as good as they think they are. Newcastle are trash, Burnleys time is due, Southampton awful yesterday 2nd half, Brentford bounce is wearing off.. Will be an interesting season 

Well… usually a point a game keeps you up - so 38 points .

Last 6 games we have 8 points. 

From now on we need 1.15 pts per game. 

When you put it like that , sounds easy doesn’t it….. 😬

Makes you laugh how so many pundits have us down already.

Finishing the weekend off the bottom, 3 points from safety and with a manager who actually makes game changing tactical changes at half time.

Definitely all to play for.

I watched the Leeds game and they were good first half, though Spurs were terrible. Spurs weren't convincing (though better second half) and Conte's celebrating made me think they'd won the league or something.

Shame Watford and Villa won, especially as Brighton are now in free fall as opposed to when we played them and United have likely just given away their last free points to opponents for a while.

Still while we are solidly in the bottom 3 it makes far better reading than two weeks ago.

After that first half id have said there was no way Saints will be in the relegation mix but points are all that matters. Brighton are in absolute free fall too and they are the only club north of Saints I could see joining in the relegation mix, would never have thought that after their start.

Long way still to go, if we keep picking up points anything is possible. Just a shame our GD is so ****e and I don’t see us recovering it or another team getting as bad so effectively means one more point needed.

39 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Leeds aren't as good as they think they are. Newcastle are trash, Burnleys time is due, Southampton awful yesterday 2nd half, Brentford bounce is wearing off.. Will be an interesting season 

Leeds have quite a few players missing but put in a reasonable performance against Spurs, having said that the Spurs performance was a bit like ours yesterday, very poor first half but picked it up in the second. Pleased to see Spurs get the win in the end.

• Like 1

I don't think we should be worrying too much about Watford, they have a really fast, powerful side which is so useful at this end of the table and a good experienced manager who as we saw with Leicester knows how to get the best out of a counter attacking team. Southampton will be too good for the drop as well despite how ordinary we made them look yesterday, Villa too have so much quality. It's between us, Brentford, Newcastle, Burnley and Leeds for me. 

In my opinion Newcastle and Burnley will go down, I think Newcastle will make a load of signings and try to shift too quickly to attacking football and it won't click, the quality level of the PL has risen every year while Burnley have remained the same and I think this is the year it catches up with them, I think Leeds will probably pull away if they get their squad fully fit so for me if we continue to improve and get a bit of luck we'll be scrapping it out with Brentford. 

I can see a pretty low points tally for survival this year of about 32-34 as the other 15 teams are so much better on their day. Just average around a point per game, win our home games against these 4 and don't lose away and we'll have a great chance....sounds so simple in theory doesn't it lol

Brighton are in free fall because their fixtures are now catching up with them.

When we were playing Liverpool, Manchester City, Leicester and Arsenal, they were playing Burnley, Watford, Everton (who they lost to at home) and Brentford.

No wonder their confidence was high with a couple of wins and ours was so low after those fixtures.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be completely surprised to see Palace fall back a fair way as they've had something of a revamp at once, and they can run hot and cold in spells when doing that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see wolves closer to us than they currently are. They've had a fortunate run of fixtures and not beaten anyone by more than one goal (I think). Not that I'm saying they are a bad team, but their position flatters them currently. 

2 hours ago, Bluefloyd said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see wolves closer to us than they currently are. They've had a fortunate run of fixtures and not beaten anyone by more than one goal (I think). Not that I'm saying they are a bad team, but their position flatters them currently. 

You may very well be right, honestly keep the solidity we have been and I think we could get a result against any team outside the top four, however they just beat West Ham and look very solid themselves so they may very well keep up this European qualification act till the end. 

The pundits that had us dead and buried were correct. Under Farke I just couldn’t see us doing what is needed to survive. But with Dean at the helm we have a bit more tactical nous in the dugout and hopefully a system that suits the talent in the first XI, hopefully we’ll continue to get results and build from here. 2 more wins in a row would take us to 14 points!

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

The pundits that had us dead and buried were correct. Under Farke I just couldn’t see us doing what is needed to survive. But with Dean at the helm we have a bit more tactical nous in the dugout and hopefully a system that suits the talent in the first XI, hopefully we’ll continue to get results and build from here. 2 more wins in a row would take us to 14 points!

Those pundits were saying the same thing after we'd sacked Farke, though. In fact, the media were generally surprised Dean Smith would come to us because "norwich are already relegated"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Well I’m glad that Dean Smith believes we can stay up. Will take a lot more than we showed on Saturday though, that first half was atrocious.

Are you serious? We won the game. That's enough.. winning isn't good enough for you?

What a daft post. You should stay quiet if that's the best you have to offer. 

13 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Well I’m glad that Dean Smith believes we can stay up. Will take a lot more than we showed on Saturday though, that first half was atrocious.

First half was atrocious but we stayed in the game and didn't roll over and die like we did under farke. Still got the 3 points 

It's not even worth concentrating on other teams, no matter what happens we still have to do our **** to get the points.

Concentrate on a target of 1 point per game, and generally you'd hope to be ok.

Edited by Google Bot

8 hours ago, Google Bot said:

On 21/11/2021 at 18:51, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well… usually a point a game keeps you up - so 38 points .

Last 6 games we have 8 points. 

From now on we need 1.15 pts per game. 

When you put it like that , sounds easy doesn’t it….. 😬

If only I’d thought of that 😂

9 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

we need 1.15 pts per game.

So, for every game we lose, we must draw three and win one.* It’s a challenge alright

*or for every three games we lose, we must win two

Edited by GenerationA47

7 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

So, for every game we lose, we must draw three and win one.* It’s a challenge alright

WDDLD ...that's one way to 'duck' relegation I suppose.   😜

• Haha 1

On 22/11/2021 at 13:29, Google Bot said:

It's not even worth concentrating on other teams, no matter what happens we still have to do our **** to get the points.

We can only control our own performances, but as has been said, we've played our toughest games in this half of the season, but others haven't.

Leeds still have to play ManCity, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool before Boxing Day.

Newcastle have to play Arsenal, Liverpool, ManCity and ManUtd.

Watford have to play ManCity, West Ham and Chelsea.

Villa have to play ManCity, Liverpool and Chelsea. 

Brentford have yet to play Spurs, ManUtd and ManCity

Those games could help our position at the halfway point.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72