Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Bread?!

Rehman or Davenport?

We do need another central defender given flem and charlies age but would go with the cheapest opinion - both are OK but would first like to see us give Shackell a real go with Doc as he has the ability to be betterthan either. 

I think calum is likely to remain too expensive and would rather spend teh same amount on a decent right midfielder  - like Greg Halford...  

Rehman. For me he''s very dominant in the air, very strong, and very assured. I think he''s more of a physical threat than Davenport, and hopefully will be of use at set pieces.

davenport my a country mile, he is a better defender of set pieces, isnt prone to as many mistakes and is a much bigger threat in front of goal on set pieces / corners. Davenports only weakness was that he had a tendency to try and steal the ball in front of the attacker and then get turned, whilst rehman has made sloppier mistakes, but htey havent been punished.

you should have been at carrow rd last night and seen the performance of shacks he was back to old looking self never stopped giving orders around the pitch won all in the air very pacey looked in total control.Lets see him with docs and we will not be asking the question dav or reheman.On the performance of many  last night perhaps there is a future if youth is given a chance.

if i was to put money on it, it would be that rehmann goes back to fulham, and the doc and shackell partnership will be given a real go next season.

Not completely sure but the impression I got was Fulham weren''t entirely convinced with Rehman so they''d possibly let him go for a relatively small fee. I''d value him at aboout 500k.  Where as  Davenport would cost 4 times that. Plus the fact I wasn''t entirely convinced with what I saw from Davenport. Remember he was part of a defence that let in 4 at Luton and a number of other occasions where we let in easy goals. I''d want Shackell and  Doherty with Rehman brought in to give competetition and cover.

Davenport.

He''s bigger, better on the ball ands a more realistic target. Fulham will want to keep rehman but davenport wants too leave spurs and will do. Contacts mean nothing.

Everybody seems to have forgotten that Fleming is a terrible right back. Remember, we''re trying to build a premiership squad!!!!!!!!!

Rehman is also a competent right-back, so I would take Rehman over Dav for his versatility, as well as the fact he''s cheaper. And what a defence that would be, IMO possibly worthy of the premiership:

Rehman         Doc         Shax         Drury

[quote user="mighty yellow"]

Everybody seems to have forgotten that Fleming is a terrible right back. Remember, we''re trying to build a premiership squad!!!!!!!!!

Rehman is also a competent right-back, so I would take Rehman over Dav for his versatility, as well as the fact he''s cheaper. And what a defence that would be, IMO possibly worthy of the premiership:

Rehman         Doc         Shax         Drury

[/quote] Fleming isn''t a terrible right back. He''s looked much more solid than Colin and hasn''t let anyone down there. Ok we need a new genuine right back but Flem has done a useful job!

I would take Rehman over Davenport. I think Callum was overrated and IMO Rehman has formed a better partnership with the Doc. I also think Rehman would be cheaper to bring to the club full time. Whether he would want to sign or whether Fulham would let him go is another question (well - two questions in fact!!)

Rehman clearly prefers centre back according to his article this week.

As far as flem goes he has done very little wrong at right back, nor has he been head and shoulders over anyone else in that position. At the end of the day he is at the wrong end of his career and thats why we need to either buy another RB or find out whether colin is ever going to hack it.

That back four suggested carried out the rest of the game against the scum, with Rehman moving to right back - the defence looked more unorganised, and far less strong than it did with Rehman at centre back.

[quote user="Safri15"]That back four suggested carried out the rest of the game against the scum, with Rehman moving to right back - the defence looked more unorganised, and far less strong than it did with Rehman at centre back.[/quote]

Correct but all good units need time together, and this would definitely be my first choice defence at the moment.