Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

January transfer window

Smith will have had a good look at the squad by then. I can't see any major overhaul. Maybe Idah, Placheta and Sorenson out on loan to get some game time. Cantwell, if we can get the right price. Another forward to cover while Tzolis gets up to speed? Thoughts.

23 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Smith will have had a good look at the squad by then. I can't see any major overhaul. Maybe Idah, Placheta and Sorenson out on loan to get some game time. Cantwell, if we can get the right price. Another forward to cover while Tzolis gets up to speed? Thoughts.

It’s important that Cantwell hits some form to get anywhere near £20m if he wishes to leave. Who knows he might like working under Dean and sign a new contract. 

Jan is often a bad window as prices are often inflated. That said if we are in the running I’d expect Webber has a small budget as long as some players leave

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s important that Cantwell hits some form to get anywhere near £20m if he wishes to leave. Who knows he might like working under Dean and sign a new contract. 

I think with Shakespeare coaching we may see the 'old Todd' back to form. The same might apply to Placheta and Sorensen. I'm not so sure about Idah though.

6 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I think with Shakespeare coaching we may see the 'old Todd' back to form. The same might apply to Placheta and Sorensen. I'm not so sure about Idah though.

I’ve heard from Leicester fans he is a very good coach who players like. Didn’t like being a boss with all the media duties etc involved. 

17 minutes ago, RobJames said:

I had huge doubts about Smith being appointed at first because he’d just been sacked by another PL club, but when I read Shakespeare was the coach and that he has huge experience in the PL, I had much more confidence in him. 

I agree with your opinion on Cantwell, possibly Sorensen, but not sure about Placheta or Idah as I think they’re quite far behind in the pecking order

55 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Buy a DM

This x 1000. (not literally buy 1000 DMs, just that I agree by 1000 units of agreement).

We need a McLean upgrade for ~ £15m.

• Like 1