1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Only annoying thing is both he and Rashica appear to be much better on the left side (and Tzolis seems more a left sided winger). Only Sargent has played well on the right so far with Dowell ineffective so we look a tad lop sided IMO.

Yes, this is a very good point.

I think the change in shape hasn't helped Todd, either.

Although he's played a vast majority of his games nominally out wide, under Farke's previous systems they drifted inside so much that it was like playing with 2-3 10s.

It always looked to me that he was more naturally suited to a central position and that he'd eventually make the 10 his own, but the switch in formation has obviously put paid to that in the short term. You could lump Dowell into this as well, who has very similar strengths (and weaknesses) to Cantwell.

22 minutes ago, kirku said:

Yes, this is a very good point.

I think the change in shape hasn't helped Todd, either.

Although he's played a vast majority of his games nominally out wide, under Farke's previous systems they drifted inside so much that it was like playing with 2-3 10s.

It always looked to me that he was more naturally suited to a central position and that he'd eventually make the 10 his own, but the switch in formation has obviously put paid to that in the short term. You could lump Dowell into this as well, who has very similar strengths (and weaknesses) to Cantwell.

You mean Dowell spends too much time on social media too? 😉 

On 20/11/2021 at 20:12, ricardo said:

Should never have slung him straight in. Needs to regain match sharpness.

Todd's talent is undeniable, his fitness is off and he was injured, but clearly he has had a bit of an attitude issue; throwing him in at the deep end has probably given him a useful reality check that will hopefully inspire him to work harder while doing no harm at all. 

• Like 2

Under the 'right manager' Todd will show what he is capable of. I'm just glad he will be doing it here under the 'right manager' rather than under the 'right manager' elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Under the 'right manager' Todd will show what he is capable of. I'm just glad he will be doing it here under the 'right manager' rather than under the 'right manager' elsewhere.

I keep seeing a lot of people saying he could be going in January but then others say he has an extension for another year so I am confused as to if he is staying until the end of this season or not and how his contract works.  Does anyone know?

14 minutes ago, Star55 said:

I keep seeing a lot of people saying he could be going in January but then others say he has an extension for another year so I am confused as to if he is staying until the end of this season or not and how his contract works.  Does anyone know?

99% sure the club has the extension for another year, but there is a slight chance I could be wrong on it. I think it's unilateral on their end....

But again, I could be wrong.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

99% sure the club has the extension for another year, but there is a slight chance I could be wrong on it. I think it's unilateral on their end....

But again, I could be wrong.

Why haven't they triggered it then.

On 31st January Todd Cantwell could sign for a non-English club, e.g. Rangers or Fenerbache, on a pre-contract. About 9 weeks away.

7 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Only annoying thing is both he and Rashica appear to be much better on the left side (and Tzolis seems more a left sided winger). Only Sargent has played well on the right so far with Dowell ineffective so we look a tad lop sided IMO.

I'm sure our 'selling our only right winger and buying another two left wingers' transfer policy will still come golden somehow

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why haven't they triggered it then.

On 31st January Todd Cantwell could sign for a non-English club, e.g. Rangers or Fenerbache, on a pre-contract. About 9 weeks away.

Maybe they already have, if it's already in the contract they wouldn't necessarily announce it as it is just a formality. I suspect they'd only announce the signing of a new contract, which probably hinges on our survival perhaps. I'm not sure where Todd would go if he wants to stay in the PL, he's certainly got a long way to go to prove he's ready for starting XI top flight football. I'd put him somewhere around the level of perhaps Jamal who was a fully fledged international when he left us, look how that's turned out... 

Didn't Webber come out recently and say they've got the option on another year and so don't see it as a "contract situation"?

I'd assume the terms of any such option would mean that he isn't free to talk to foreign clubs in January.

Edit: here's the quote, "In terms of Todd’s contract, it’s very simple, he’s got this year and we’ve got the option in our favour beyond that, so we don’t see it as a contract situation"

Edited by kirku