Sign in to follow this  
WD40

First come from behind win since…

God knows when!

In the premier league you’re looking a very long time back. 

Beat me to it, it's almost as if Deano fixed it to start so bad so we could come back just to rub Farkes face in it more 😏

First time in a long time I can remember a tactical change/sub having such an impact. That right hand side was a huge problem first half but Smith fixed it snd it transformed us. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

First time in a long time I can remember a tactical change/sub having such an impact. That right hand side was a huge problem first half but Smith fixed it snd it transformed us. 

Absolutely, we were getting destroyed down the right time and time again in the first half. Refreshing to see a tactical change make a difference. Sargent for the very poor Cantwell (dallied on the ball too often and weak in the challenge) and switching Rashica to the left got the best out of the formation. Gilmour got into the game and we started to see some of his vision and passing. Nothing more to add about Normann, great in whatever role he’s asked to play - slightly deeper again today but fantastic on the ball and ran all over. He was also the last off the pitch and absolutely loving it.

42 minutes ago, WD40 said:

God knows when!

Glad you added the word “win” in the title 😉

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, WD40 said:

God knows when!

33 games 

Looking forward to seeing what our friends on MoTD make of it. We were relegated 2 weeks ago with 29 games to play. Don’t think the club got the memo though. 

6 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Looking forward to seeing what our friends on MoTD make of it. We were relegated 2 weeks ago with 29 games to play. Don’t think the club got the memo though. 

Saints were rubbish blah blah blah no doubt

Great signs. Last time round in the PL every game we went behind in resulted in defeat. This time not only have we come from behind to get something out the game, we’ve turned no points into 3 points. I think we have to be grateful though that we conceded very early but equalised soon after

4 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Last time round in the PL every game we went behind in resulted in defeat

Villa Fan in Peace...

Does that sentence need the bit in bold 😉

Only kidding. Great result for you guys today. The table looks a lot healthier and there will definitely be a new belief with the players that you can actually stay up. A perfect start for Dean, I think going behind early, playing crap in the first half and giving him the opportunity to show what he and Shakey can do will have won over quite a few people underwhelmed by his appointment. A draw against Wolves and 3 points against the Toon and you will be looking forward to Spurs and just praying that Ole still has a job

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFan said:

Villa Fan in Peace...

Does that sentence need the bit in bold 😉

Only kidding. Great result for you guys today. The table looks a lot healthier and there will definitely be a new belief with the players that you can actually stay up. A perfect start for Dean, I think going behind early, playing crap in the first half and giving him the opportunity to show what he and Shakey can do will have won over quite a few people underwhelmed by his appointment. A draw against Wolves and 3 points against the Toon and you will be looking forward to Spurs and just praying that Ole still has a job

Lol 😂

I don’t think the uneasy start helped us either. Farke was great in the Championship, but his style of play and tactics just didn’t work in the PL. Was dubious about Deano when his appointment was first announced as he’d just been sacked by another PL team, but when I read about Shakespeare’s coaching history I felt a lot more confident 
Would love OGS to still be in charge when we face Manure, but I don’t think he’ll last at Old Trafford for much longer ☹️

58 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Lol 😂

I don’t think the uneasy start helped us either. Farke was great in the Championship, but his style of play and tactics just didn’t work in the PL. Was dubious about Deano when his appointment was first announced as he’d just been sacked by another PL team, but when I read about Shakespeare’s coaching history I felt a lot more confident 
Would love OGS to still be in charge when we face Manure, but I don’t think he’ll last at Old Trafford for much longer ☹️

Ole is a goner tonight if reports are to be believed. 

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Exactly! Now you can see as plain as night and day why the God Farke was sacked. Not a cat in hells chance of him making the changes that Smith did at half time. One can only hope and pray that Smith may just have enough games to get us over the safety line. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Glad you added the word “win” in the title 😉

It's a win win when you come from behind. Even into a behind on special occasions