Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Farke!

Werder Bremen coach has resigned, under a big cloud,  following fraud allegation over a  Covid vaccination certificate.
New job for Mr Farke methinks.

Would love him to get it. Take rashica and Sargent on loan back to there too 🤔. Sarcasm on the last bit

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Bundesliga 2 ?   Would have thought he could do better than that.

Where did he come from!

6 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Where did he come from!

Borussia Dortmund academy. 

Norwich was Farke's first major role. Comparing him to Smith is not comparing like for like because Smith actually has a lot more experience at top flight level with both Villa and Brentford before us, both of whom gave him a better calibre of player than Farke had for his first Premier League season. 

Someone made the observation that Smith may be more adept at changes in-game, and that strikes me as a tell=tale sign of more experience. Overall, the rather disparaging notion that he belongs in Bundesliga 2 rather than higher level leagues strikes me as drivel. 

21 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Norwich was Farke's first major role. Comparing him to Smith is not comparing like for like because Smith actually has a lot more experience at top flight level with both Villa and Brentford before us, both of whom gave him a better calibre of player than Farke had for his first Premier League season. 

Someone made the observation that Smith may be more adept at changes in-game, and that strikes me as a tell=tale sign of more experience. Overall, the rather disparaging notion that he belongs in Bundesliga 2 rather than higher level leagues strikes me as drivel. 

He was manager of BD II.

Farke began his managerial career with SV Lippstadt 08. He was in charge for six years and took Lippstadt from the sixth tier of German football to the fourth, with his time in charge considered the most successful for Lippstadt football.[7] He stepped down after six years, planning to take a year's sabbatical, before accepting the opportunity to take charge of Borussia Dortmund II, 

Speaking of Farke I would bet my last tenner that he has been either on the phone or has messaged Dean Smith to congratulate him on our win today. Top bloke.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

And just to put you right….who was making any comparisons….only you.

The original post pointed out that the manager of WB had resigned, and that it was possibly an open opportunity for Mr Farke, in his homeland, to coach again!

Edited by City 2nd

2 hours ago, City 2nd said:

And just to put you right….who was making any comparisons….only you.

The original post pointed out that the manager of WB had resigned, and that it was possibly an open opportunity for Mr Farke, in his homeland, to coach again!

Yup, in Bundesliga 2; insulting. 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Bundesliga 2 ?   Would have thought he could do better than that.

He really won't be able to, not a cat in hells chance a team in the big 5 leagues offer him a job. Bremen is probably the very best he can hope for.