Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Southampton ****

Kenny! 😂😂😂😂😂

Go on mate. Score a goal this afternoon. Shut us all up.🙂

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

I feel sorry for Andy, he’s unlucky to be dropped (unless he got an injury or something playing the internationals). 

I do really like this team otherwise, I really hope it doesn’t get completely ****ed.

Kabak and Dowell not even on bench. McLean seems to be appreciated by new management as well. That eleven really should provide offensive strength and players willing to show they deserve the spot! I would not bet 0-0

No point judging our players from previous performances, the manager isn't. Clean slate. New approach, new tactics. He has no favour towards any of the players so will have picked them based upon their training this week and the ability he has seen them display as well as the way they take to his approach for the team.

We may see his approach suits some players where as perhaps Farke's hadn't. Criticism at this point, this early, is incredibly poor IMHO. 

• Like 1

Cantwell and Gilmour both in the starting XI, interesting! Looks like a solid XI to me

Struggle with pace, Hanley & Gibson just not the greatest pair, Omobamdele is young and obviously has to be protected from burning him out, but should have started in my book, he’s been our best CB, which says a lot.

Apart from the two clogging Scots in that line up it’s a decent one! I’d have started Omobamdele & Lees for them personally but I’m not the coach! 😂😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not 4-3-3 but 4-2-3-1 according to Sky with Gilmour as the attacking midfielder.

noriwch.png

Usually a bit of both, 4-3-3 when in possession and 4-5-1 without is probably the most likely shapes

Very similar team to one that started against Leicester:

Krul,

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Williams

Lees-Melou McLean Gilmour

Cantwell, Pukki,  Rashica

So Normann in for Lees-Melou. Lets hope the boys are up for it today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not 4-3-3 but 4-2-3-1 according to Sky with Gilmour as the attacking midfielder.

noriwch.png

Pretty sure Norwich Facebook know more than sky?