Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Southampton ****

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

When Tzolis gets more minutes and confidence we could be a very decent side. 

We probably won't be, but we might survive. 

Saints often fade second half.

Just now, 1902 said:

We probably won't be, but we might survive. 

Saints often fade second half.

Time will tell but these 2 wins will do much to improve the players mental strength. We were so weak in that regard and played with fear for the first six matches. 3/4 points from the next 2 matches would be grand. 

Game of 2 halves John.

First half:

Max looking low on confidence. Grant fiddling about & nearly getting caught on the ball too often. Ben just s-l-o-w. Williams not perfect, but much stronger than Dimi & looks our best option.

Didn't recognise Matthias with his new 'do. Was he involved much?

Kenny sort of rushed about, but too late & to little effect.

Was Gilmour there?

Rashica giving it a go & looking a threat.

Teemu good as I've seen him this season.

Todd ... words fail me. Looked every inch a show pony. How we didn't concede goals with his daftness I'll never know.

Second half:

USA! USA! USA! What a difference! Energised the whole team. Even Gilmour woke up half way through.

Onwards & Upwards!

• Like 3

Thought we were disappointing first half but turned it around. Not perfect and they should have scored right at the end but a lot to build on there. 

The key was stopping them overloading us down the right hand side. They had a two on one there every time first half and Rashica was ineffective plus not tracking back well.

I thought he was transformed on the left wing second half and putting Sargent in front of Max both gave him extra protection and got our pressing game going.

I think we can get a lot better, particularly in terms of controlling possession in midfield, but that was a really satisfying win. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crab man said:

normal service resumed 😂😂

tbf omo should be starting ahead of hanley

This aged well 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Obviously what will happen now is that Smith gives his press conference and is then sacked, and we carry on like that with a new manager for  each of the remaining 26 games...🤓

Works for Watford!!!

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Obviously what will happen now is that Smith gives his press conference and is then sacked, and we carry on like that with a new manager for  each of the remaining 26 games...🤓

Aka, doing a Watford

16 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Works for Watford!!!

I thought I was being so original 🤣

• Haha 1

Perhaps as encouraging as anything was that we started to look like a proper footballing Norwich side - once we'd wrested control back through some proper grit & determination. Ugly but it had to be done.

As the old footballing adage goes, you have to earn the right to play.

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Perhaps as encouraging as anything was that we started to look like a proper footballing Norwich side - once we'd wrested control back through some proper grit & determination. Ugly but it had to be done.

As the old footballing adage goes, you have to earn the right to play.

That's what Stringer used to say. A very pleasing 2nd half and the reaction at the end was all you needed to know. Sometimes you don't need to be the best team to win a football match. 

A long way to go yet but big steps today against a team who were much better than  Leicester, Brighton and Leeds.

Thanks Dean, changed the game at half time, to be fair something we have been missing. Well done lads 👍

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Thought we were disappointing first half but turned it around. Not perfect and they should have scored right at the end but a lot to build on there. 

The key was stopping them overloading us down the right hand side. They had a two on one there every time first half and Rashica was ineffective plus not tracking back well.

I thought he was transformed on the left wing second half and putting Sargent in front of Max both gave him extra protection and got our pressing game going.

I think we can get a lot better, particularly in terms of controlling possession in midfield, but that was a really satisfying win. 

Out of reactions so 👍

4 hours ago, chicken said:

Apologies to @nutty nigel for completely forgetting to link the PUPs thread to the OP of this one.

No worries over that @chicken thanks for keeping Lapps on the thread. It's great to remember him each match day🙃👍 

Was it you or Lapps who subbed Keith Scott at halftime?

All the best......

• Thanks 1

On 20/11/2021 at 16:31, littleyellowbirdie said:

He has played plenty of games for the U23s and even if not fully match fit, you'd still expect some glimmer at some stage. 

Err 2 actually

On 20/11/2021 at 16:46, Indy said:

Still shouldn’t have started and deserved to be replaced, Omobamdele has scored recently too! Three points is more important than points scoring on here!

Alternatively you were wrong (again)

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Err 2 actually

And not consecutively either I don't think. And in the one that was on youtube, he looked leggy at times for that.

14 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Alternatively you were wrong (again)

Nope not wrong, his first half was very questionable, their goal was his fault, he nearly cost us another goal and was pretty much bailed out by both Gibson and Krull, we were lucky to be level. But don’t let that stop you…..😉 at least his performance improved after the changes made by Smith and he got the goal, again a half decent keeper would have saved it, but like I said three pints is more important than point scoring on this forum, so good header and great win!

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Nope not wrong, his first half was very questionable, their goal was his fault, he nearly cost us another goal and was pretty much bailed out by both Gibson and Krull, we were lucky to be level. But don’t let that stop you…..😉 at least his performance improved after the changes made by Smith and he got the goal, again a half decent keeper would have saved it, but like I said three pints is more important than point scoring on this forum, so good header and great win!

You only had three pints Indy?

• Haha 1