Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Southampton ****

3 minutes ago, hurricane said:

Seen leaving the ground before full time

Any substance to this?

What a day. What a change. It was brilliant to be excited and not wanting the game to end.

Pressing high up the pitch and not playing Farkeball at the back. For once, we played 45 minutes on the front foot and in the opponents half.

Players who had looked anonymous now want the ball and look forward.

Well played Josh. We all gave you stick a few games ago but you were my MOTM just on that 2nd half. No more diagonal balls from the back towards Aarons from the Saints because you kept them occupied.

DSYA. lets take a trip with DSYA

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

What was the change in tactics?

Not sitting back constantly and inviting them at us and not giving their full backs the freedom of the city. Press them a little more.

A question here...but when was the last time we've scored 2 goals and both headers?!!! Also Pukki scoring with his head.... a rarity in itself ...and as for Hanley, doesn't he normally aim his headers towards row L?

Fantastic. Some team talk at HT.👏👏

By all accounts Rashica, Gilmour (2nd half), and Sargent his best 45.

Thanks Dean Smith.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

Game changed when Cantwell went off. Was a brave decision for Smith to make at half time, something we aren't used to, half time subs. 

It was a brave decision to make, and also a smart decision to start him to demonstrate why Farke was clearly in the right to keep him away from the first team and put to bed any further nonsense that both Farke and his replacement are 'clueless' for not playing him. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, hurricane said:

Absolute ****, he was sat on the bench applauding the lads off at the end. Why have people got to spread such utter ****e?? 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

It was a brave decision to make, and also a smart decision to start him to demonstrate why Farke was clearly in the right to keep him away from the first team and put to bed any further nonsense that both Farke and his replacement are 'clueless' for not playing him. 

Agreed, there were a lot of posts on twitter saying Cantwell starting today proved Farke had "no idea what he was doing". There were reasons Farke wasn't using him and he was justified. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hurricane said:

You could see him at the end talking to someone by the bench.

• Like 1

Great result today. I said to my mate (a Saints fan, sitting over there) that this usually ends 2-1. 😄 That half-time team talk really did the job. If we beat Wolves next week and results go for us, we could be on equal points with Leeds. OTBC!!

In all the excitement I hope it's not gone unnoticed that the binners lost a game of Division 3 football again today? 😄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kirku said:

Any substance to this?

Absolute BS he was in the background when Deano was congratulating the players!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

One of Farke's biggest weaknesses for me was not being able to change things in-game. I don't mean subs so much as little tactical tweaks based on what he saw in the game.

Be interesting to see if Smith is any better in that regard. Play like that in the second half and we're getting stuffed.

Fair play, Deano

• Like 1

Obviously what will happen now is that Smith gives his press conference and is then sacked, and we carry on like that with a new manager for  each of the remaining 26 games...🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well played Josh. We all gave you stick a few games ago but you were my MOTM just on that 2nd half. No more diagonal balls from the back towards Aarons from the Saints because you kept them occupied

Not sure I'd quite go that far, but he had an excellent game and really showed what he can do. Good on him.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not sure I'd quite go that far, but he had an excellent game and really showed what he can do. Good on him.

I am probably too excited but I just thought apart from the goal we were second best first half but the only team in it second half. And he was the change apart from tactics.

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I managed to miss both goals with stream problems. You'll be telling me we got a winner next

If you missed both goals, you obviously missed their second as well otherwise we would have won. Not a logical post.

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

In all the excitement I hope it's not gone unnoticed that the binners lost a game of Division 3 football again today? 😄

Around 70% possession but no attempts on goal. TWTD not happy. Life is good 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, sonyc said:

A question here...but when was the last time we've scored 2 goals and both headers?!!! Also Pukki scoring with his head.... a rarity in itself ...and as for Hanley, doesn't he normally aim his headers towards row L?

Fantastic. Some team talk at HT.👏👏

By all accounts Rashica, Gilmour (2nd half), and Sargent his best 45.

Thanks Dean Smith.

When Tzolis gets more minutes and confidence we could be a very decent side. 

Massive result! A bit more confidence, a full week for Smith with the team now, and a teeny glimmer of hope. At least if we still go down looks like it will be with some dignity after all!!