Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Southampton ****

Just now, All the Germans said:

Has he been any worse than any of them? Yes he's not been good but who has? All at sea everywhere.

That's a fair point but Only Hanley has been worse 

Just now, Indy said:

Can we get Hanley off and get Omobamdele on!

How about a Mulligan for the whole summer window?

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I was really excited to see his name on the teamsheet, but I can't disagree.

Has looked unfit and at times like he doesn't want to make himself available for the ball, get Tsoliz on, or even Giannoulus at left wing would probably be an improvement. 

Agreed, it was dribbling Infront of his box with 3 players Infront of him and giving the ball away that did it for me ! 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Rashica is our best player.

Didn't you know? Billy Gilmour is world class. He ran the show against Moldova.

Smith has got it badly wrong. No surprise. Hanley, Cantwell and Gilmour should never have come back in. If i was Omobamidele i would hand in a transfer request.

All the best, Big Keith Scott.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Smith will be off at half time. Next flight back to New York 

On this showing, there wouldn't be many who'd grumble if Farke turned up in the dugout in the second half

1 minute ago, Keith Scott said:

Smith has got it badly wrong. No surprise. Hanley, Cantwell and Gilmour should never have come back in. If i was Omobamidele i would hand in a transfer request.

All the best, Big Keith Scott.

You need prozac, pantwetter.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Get Tzolis and Big Andy on

I'd go for the triple and hook one of McLean or Gilmour for Lees-Melou as well, those two have been anonymous, at least Melou seems to break a sweat. 

Central midfield killing us again. Gilmour is a small boy completely lost in the men's game and McLean offers nothing, Normann is not a holding midfielder

Also the standard of this league is ridiculous now, if Southampton are a what a lower midtable side looks like then god help us we have no chance

• Like 5

Bit hard to criticise after one half but Hanley in for AO was a big mistake. Todd is not a defender and he is spending his time in our last third.

Farkeball has definitely gone as we try and get the ball forward earlier but its going to take time to adjust to that.

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Midfield issues.

We have a general lack of quality in that area, without a doubt, but I can't help but feel that McLean and Gilmour is never going to be our best pairing.

I honestly think we should take a punt on Sorenson as DM, then Normann in the middle with Lees-Melou.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Well. That wasn't great 😬...but it's still 1-1. 

I wasn't expecting much from Smith's first game tbf - too soon for him to have had any real impact.

Anything today would be a bonus.

OTBC

I don't disagree from a Dean Smith perspective but I would "expect" the players to be more up for it than they have been.

Really poor performance. They look a class above - bigger, faster and stronger. 

They're playing through our midfield with ease and both fullbacks are always in space. How did we get to half time level!?! 

Hanley at fault for the first goal and really poor. Todd looks rusty and lightweight. 

Omo looks really unlucky to have lost his place... 

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Central midfield killing us again. Gilmour is a small boy completely lost in the men's game and McLean offers nothing, Normann is not a holding midfielder

Also the standard of this league is ridiculous now, if Southampton are a what a lower midtable side looks like then god help us we have no chance

Sorenson

Lees-Melou        Normann

I want to see this midfield trio given a go, bit more steel in that trio, would even be open to Rupp over Lees-Melou.

Looks like we have abandoned playing out from the back, all goal kicks are long which mostly have gone back to Southampton and put the pressure back on us, a dominating midfielder or two we are missing.