Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Southampton ****

May be an image of 5 people and text

May be an image of 13 people and text that says "#NORSÃU STARTINGX PUKKI CANTWELL RASHICA McLEAN GILMOUR NORMANN OTUS C WILLIAMS GIBSON HANLEY AARONS KRUL SUBS GUNN. OMOBAMIDELE GIANNOULIS RUPP LEES-MELOU PLACHETA TZOLIS IDAH SARGENT Premier League"
Norwich City Vs Southampton
KO - 3PM, at Carrow Road.
13/38.

And the graphic for our international fans once more - please ignore that it is for our last game Vs Brentford, they haven't done one for today for some reason:
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Toronto 11:00 Helsinki 17:00 Norwich 15:00 BRENTFORDV NORWICH CITY Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 11:00 Los Angeles 08:00 Beijing 23:00 Skopje 16:00 Abu Dhabi 19:00 Rio De Janeiro 12:00 Seoul 00:00 Hong Kong 23:00 Bangkok 22:00 Nairobi 18:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 12:00 Sydney 02:00"

Pre match articles:
As is part of our weekly routine, the PinkUn have their presser report as well as other articles reflecting on things brought up during it. 

The BBC always have an article as well which covers some other aspects from a Southampton point of view.

This week we also have a treat from the canaries.co.uk club site taking a look at the Southampton side we will be facing today.

Round up of injuries/suspensions etc:
Norwich - Zimmermann is now the only player out injured. Byram played 45mins in the U23's game Vs Charlton last night and at this point reports are he came through fine. Kabak and Hanley are fit and in contention. As Smith said, clean slate for all of the squad now.
Southampton - Redmond back after being out with Covid - which no matter which side you are on, is only a good thing. Livramento and Ward-Prowse also return from having had injuries. Their only player out injured now is Jack Stephens. 

Video:
The official NCFC youtube channel has their usual pre match build up vid highlighting all of the goals we have scored against Southampton over the years -

Something interesting:
Southampton FC was founded on 21st November 1885, 136 years ago tomorrow. Their nickname has been the "Saints" since their inception due to them starting out as a church football team. The team name back then was called the St. Mary's Church of England Young Men's Association. Their home stadium is therefore named St. Mary's, having moved there from the Dell in 2001. St. Mary's is said (not sure on the accuracy of this due to the source) to be the biggest stadium in the South East outside of London.

Edited by chicken
  • Thanks 4

Matchday! It seems so long since the last home game.

Bacon butties underway  then down the pub. Proper Saturday kick off time.

Very much looking forward to this.

OTBC

The goals video is fun, especially showing the four from the 4-5 defeat!

I was at the Dell for that NY day game in 1994. Not sure I've ever seen the ball struck as well as for that Sutton goal. Phwoar.

Global kick-off map is off by an hour for America. East coast of America is 5 hours behind.

The map is from the Brentford game. At that time the clocks had not gone back for America.

Edited by CirclePoint

3 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Global kick-off map is off by an hour for America. East coast of America is 5 hours behind.

The map is from the Brentford game. At that time the clocks had not gone back for America.

Godddamnit. 

Cant wait for this game. Any idea what time to get to the ground for the Dean Smith pre game reveal?

Last minute predicted lineup 

Krul 

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson,  Williams 

Normann, Lees Melou, Gilmour 

Raschica, cantwell 

Pukki

Villa Fan in Peace...

Good luck today. I hope Deano gets u off to a winning start and u leapfrog managerless Newcastle in the table. Deano has a lot of support from Villa fans and the vast majority of us want him to keep Norwich up this season.

Edited by VillaFan
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 6

45 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

Cant wait for this game. Any idea what time to get to the ground for the Dean Smith pre game reveal?

Last minute predicted lineup 

Krul 

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson,  Williams 

Normann, Lees Melou, Gilmour 

Raschica, cantwell 

Pukki

Looks good apart from inclusion of Hanley.

12 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Other than that….sterling effort putting that intro together!

A bit surprised the club hasn't put one up considering they have for the majority of the other games. Oh well, should have one for our next game I should think. 🙂

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

A bit surprised the club hasn't put one up considering they have for the majority of the other games. Oh well, should have one for our next game I should think. 🙂

Have to say Chicken that your OP on matchday is second to none. No disrespect to dear old Lapps and I am sure he would be full of praise for your efforts.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Have to say Chicken that your OP on matchday is second to none. No disrespect to dear old Lapps and I am sure he would be full of praise for your efforts.

I hope so. I can't be Lapps, I don't have his personality or persona. What I can do is try and put something together which is a little bit fun and informative that people can glance at on the way to the game etc. I might start trying to do it the night before so that for away fixtures, people have something to look at on the journey.

The main aim is people use it and see Lapps name so it's kept going. I have created a tag for it as well, so if you search for that tag, you'll get every match thread. Some of us will only ever know each other via our online persona's. In some cases that may well be a good thing, in others, we have few ways to thank and remember people by. Only seems fair to do something for a long time member who contributed to our nice online community. 🙂

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hear! Hear!

Pukki 

Cantwell                  Rashica

Gilmour   Lees Melou

Normann

Williams Gibson Omo Aaron’s

Krul 

This team please!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Pukki 

Gilmour   Lees Melou

Normann

Krul 

This team please!

Well playing Krul up front is a very different way to go! 

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Pukki 

Gilmour   Lees Melou

Normann

Krul 

This team please!

Very nearly. McLean and Hanley for PLM and Omo.

Just updated the first post with the line up.

It says it's a 4-3-3, but I can see it working almost as a 4-2-3-1. But we'll see.