cambridgeshire canary

Are we going to win today?

Will we get a win?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will we get a win?

• We will win
    • We will lose
    • We will draw

I never think anything other than we will win. Reality says that is out of the question but it doesn't stop me believing. That will  not stop me berating them if they play badly. We have had one good 45 minutes to build our hopes on. Need to make that at least an hour if not more today.

Don’t think so , same players that have shown they are not premiership quality, so I think any manager would struggle to with them . Just hoping Smith can get the best out of them and they improve, but it’s 1-2 for me 

I'm kind of haunted by the memory of the Southampton game straight after project restart. We had some optimism going into the game that Farke had some time to adjust some things tactically, we went into the game with a different formation and for the first 5 minutes we looked pretty good. Then they came into the game a bit, pressed us to death and we just fell apart completely and all that optimism melted away and the harsh reality of the situation took over. 

I'm excited for the game and I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing some positive signs. But our game completely breaks down when teams press us relentlessly which is what Southampton do and they're in great form right now. I'd be very happy with a draw to be honest. If we can show that we can deal with being pressed high and are able to create some chances and don't look so open at the back then that would be a positive step regardless of the result because under Farke we usually looked pretty hopeless against good, high pressing teams. 

• Like 3

Not sure he's had enough time with all of the players yet to make a meaningful difference and we'll struggle with Southampton's quick attacks, but am optimistic for a point

• Like 1

I say we win.

We have been improving lately even during DFs time and the new manager boost will add to that. It will be tight for sure, but I dare to believe that we can do it

He's had two days with the squad - he can't make too many changes in that time. I'd take a draw - we'd still have 26 games to get our 10 wins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

To those people who voted that we will lose…

BOOOOOOOOOI! 

😀

Booing is, and always will be tinpot 👍

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Booing is, and always will be tinpot 👍

Good point. Ok then I’ll blow loud raspberries instead! 😝

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nawich Fann said:

Its like saying I'm going to win the Premium bonds then even after 20 years you realise its not going to happen, 

I won the premium bonds, £25 woo-hoo retirement here I come 😁

Would love to think we will get a result, but the new coaching team has not had any time to work with the squad yet. I also think that Southampton are a stronger team than their results so far suggest. Sooner or later they are going to give someone a bit of a spanking... I really hope it's not us. If we can keep them quiet for the first half I think we will be ok.

I think we need a good run of results now to prevent the inevitable. 

Just going to enjoy the ride and see what unfolds next in this project.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Comfortable win coming up, 3,1 with a couple from Pukki. 

A joke right? 

Southampton will be pressing high and stopping any outlet. They will break quickly.

A better performance maybe, but predicting an easy win is idiotic. 

Just now, fredherring said:

A joke right? 

Southampton will be pressing high and stopping any outlet. They will break quickly.

A better performance maybe, but predicting an easy win is idiotic. 

Why not? Southampton are decent but not that special. Brave selections, crowd up for it and playing at home. So on further thoughts 4.1 and a Pukki treble. 

We must not be worried about them. They are hard to beat but they do draw a lot so the talk of their attack doesn't worry me. Its whether we can break them down.

I think we will win 

Fresh Face fresh ideas 

I think he will say play your natural game , just go back to basics 

like we say on the training video drilled the defence "full backs your job stop the cross ,the CB men pick up your men "

Get gilmour and Cantwell smiling enjoying their football 

I think a few of the fringe players might get a chance 

I think Farke was trying everything in the end and over complicated tactics 

6 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

To those people who voted that we will lose…

BOOOOOOOOOI! 

😀

There! To all those who didn’t vote for a win. Take that you pessimistic bunch of binners!

😉

image.thumb.jpeg.f2d91a204e673cbafc306ffb8a1799ee.jpeg

• Like 1

Before kickoff I saw the result as a 1-1 draw: we’d just achieved our first league win of the season and changed our manager, but the Saints hadn’t been doing too badly