Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty on all charges

2 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

There’s a big difference, in that Frost prevented a terrorist from murdering many innocent people. The kid in the states wasn’t going on a rampage attacking innocent people, he was the one being confronted and attacked by a mob. There is no similarity 

Jesus Christ! The minor who should not have been in possession of an AR-15 turned up in a City he didn't live in to confront protestors with a military weapon. And you have the idiocy to say there is "no similarity" with people seeking to disarm a person who is threatening to kill them FFS!

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Guess you didn't follow the daily reports of the trial then? A judge whose phone played Donald Trump's rally walk-on tune, who refused to let the men killed be referred to as "victims" but allowed them to be called "rioters", etc, etc, etc. I'll let you do the back reading to fill in the other judicial outrages perpetrated by this particular judge if you can be bothered.

An impartial synopsis of the evidence would be useful.

5 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Name one insult.

You’ve accused me of lying by posting false information on numerous occasions, I find that quite insulting personally, seeing as everything I’ve posted is simply what was said by the third person shot by the defendant 

Just now, Van wink said:

There's plenty of comment out there, go do the research.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Thankfully that’s why we have trials in civilised countries, so all evidence gets presented and the jury can make an informed decision.

Horse doesn’t want that though, he wants trial by social media 

2 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

So a mob burning businesses and looting isn’t confronting at all no? 

Given that was not happening, no. The boy approached a peaceful demo. With a loaded gun. Could you point out the insults you have claimed I have posted.

3 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Jesus Christ! The minor who should not have been in possession of an AR-15 turned up in a City he didn't live in to confront protestors with a military weapon. And you have the idiocy to say there is "no similarity" with people seeking to disarm a person who is threatening to kill them FFS!

A kid with a rifle stood outside a garage he went to protect, being confronted by a mob who had spent the previous nights destroying and looting local businesses is in no way similar to an Islamist terrorist stabbing random people in an unarmed society 

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

There's plenty of comment out there, go do the research.

Ah, “educate yourself!” The favourite go to of any uni kid who is losing the argument 

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

Thankfully that’s why we have trials in civilised countries, so all evidence gets presented and the jury can make an informed decision.

Not when the judge misdirects the jury.  If you had the slightest idea you would have known this. Just as you would have known that it was a peaceful protest. One that he took a gun in among those protesting.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Try say something informed and worthwhile for a change, instead of spewing your standard right-wing prjudices, then bleating about how unfair it is that they get called out. 

I wouldn’t consider myself right wing, they’re largely centrist, leaning either slightly left or right depending on the subject matter. They’re certainly to the right of you, but 99.9% of the country would be to the right of you to be fair 

It’s an emotive subject, from what I’ve seen he certainly wasn’t set up by a mob, more chased by a few people who tried to disarm him, sort of scenario where he might well have panicked and thought he was about to be set upon.

But the question needs to be asked, is he a danger in the future? He took a semi automatic rifle into a high tension atmosphere, 20 miles from where he was in relative safety and as stated offered his service! Who in their right mind would say yes to a 17 year old welding a semi automatic rifle in that situation! It’s not like he’s a trained enforcement or serviceman who are trained to de-escalate these type of situations. It make me question his mind set and now given a pardon for taking two lives might need to be kept a close eye on in the future. Especially when you see he doesn’t show much remorse in my opinion. Scary dangerous stuff and his real motive behind his action to actually get involved in the first place makes me nervous of the future in the US. Teenagers trained on the Xbox taking advantage of real life events to play the game for real!

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

it wasn't an 'Assault Rifle'

The “AR” in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic, a machine gun.

Edited by Baracouda

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Not when the judge misdirects the jury.  If you had the slightest idea you would have known this. Just as you would have known that it was a peaceful protest. One that he took a gun in among those protesting.

Peaceful protests don’t cause an estimated $50 million worth of damage. Was it as peaceful as this protest? 

E2F6AE84-297C-443D-B05C-DABE5A487719.jpeg

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

Ah, “educate yourself!” The favourite go to of any uni kid who is losing the argument 

I think we can all see who is losing this. If only by the insults. You have shown you have nothing of interest to offer. Just an extremely partisan view. I can only imagine the mindset behind that level of hate and bigotry.

Unfortunately the whole terrible saga only shows the USA in a terrible light for any so called civilized country. 

Simply its gun laws and excuses are obscene to the civilized world. 

Whatever the verdict it won't bring back the dead, or indeed find any salvation for Rittenhouse. All it will breed is more trouble and deaths ahead. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fen Canary said:

A kid with a rifle stood outside a garage he went to protect, being confronted by a mob who had spent the previous nights destroying and looting local businesses is in no way similar to an Islamist terrorist stabbing random people in an unarmed society 

He turned up with a weapon that he had no legal right to possess, to a City that he didn't live in and whose Police forces had given him no authorisation to be there, and indeed had expressly asked people not to turn up and inflame trouble. You can play the thicko as much as you like but the relevant aspects of comparison are very clear; protestors confronted by a man NOT a part of the Police force pointing an AR-15 at them and threatening to kill them had a perfect right to attempt to disarm him in THEIR self-defence. 

9 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Same old ad hominem bull sh*it you produce with boring regularity. What a joke!

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s an emotive subject, from what I’ve seen he certainly wasn’t set up by a mob, more chased by a few people who tried to disarm him, sort of scenario where he might well have panicked and thought he was about to be set upon.

But the question needs to be asked, is he a danger in the future? He took a semi automatic rifle into a high tension atmosphere, 20 miles from where he was in relative safety and as stated offered his service! Who in their right mind would say yes to a 17 year old welding a semi automatic rifle in that situation! It’s not like he’s a trained enforcement or serviceman who are trained to de-escalate these type of situations. It make me question his mind set and now given a pardon for taking two lives might need to be kept a close eye on in the future. Especially when you see he doesn’t show much remorse in my opinion. Scary dangerous stuff and his real motive behind his action to actually get involved in the first place makes me nervous of the future in the US. Teenagers trained on the Xbox taking advantage of real life events to play the game for real!

It is a frightening prospect that this could be seen as a licence for future vigilante groups feeling that they are not constrained by the rule of law

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Unfortunately the whole terrible saga only shows the USA in a terrible light for any so called civilized country. 

Simply its gun laws and excuses are obscene to the civilized world. 

Whatever the verdict it won't bring back the dead, or indeed find any salvation for Rittenhouse. All it will breed is more trouble and deaths ahead. 

Sadly it is now a message to every crazed gunman in the USA to point his weapon at another indiividual they don't like the look of and shoot that person dead if he tries to protect himself by disarming the gunman threatening him. Absolutely bat-sh*it crazy and immoral.

8 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

From the BBC

US President Joe Biden called on people to "express their views peacefully", saying that while the outcome of the case "will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included, we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken".

Personally I think that’s an incredibly dangerous statement for a leader to make, essentially casting doubt on the justice system by implying the wrong decision was made, and he’d rather have seen a guilty one 

Oh come on........... it's a sensible and balanced statement by Biden. He calls on people to "express their views peacefully" and says that "we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken".  

Compare and contrast that with the violent, inciteful rhetoric of the previous clown who was in the job. 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Oh come on........... it's a sensible and balanced statement by Biden. He calls on people to "express their views peacefully" and says that "we must acknowledge that the jury has spoken".  

Compare and contrast that with the violent, inciteful rhetoric of the previous clown who was in the job. 

Indeed! Compare with what Trump has actually said in response. Hopefully the DOJ will review this case with urgency before it unleashes a torrent of vigilante killings and leaves those confronted by gunmen totally defenceless.

15 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

So would rioting 

The bottom line Fen is that Rittenhouse had no need to be there, no need to bring a rifle. Many of his excuses could of frankly been used by any of the protestors or even the police to simply shoot him dead as well - especially those who thought he was an active shooter!

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

In the US they are 'casual' about handguns - but the 'XBOX' issue also applies to my generation and Westerns. Shoot somebody with even a small handgun and they won't get up ala John Wayne or they'll loose a limb! Not glamorous or heroic. See what happened on 'Rust'

It's simply thick people doing thick things. 

Edited by Yellow Fever

Second guessing a jury is never a good look even for Joe Biden. They heard the evidence and came to a decision, everything else is irrelevant. We all have our own opinions and many will disagree with the jury but if you were not one of the twelve who heard all the evidence it is best to keep your own counsel.

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Second guessing a jury is never a good look even for Joe Biden. They heard the evidence and came to a decision, everything else is irrelevant. We all have our own opinions and many will disagree with the jury but if you were not one of the twelve who heard all the evidence it is best to keep your own counsel.

Indeed, but as my point his mindset must be questioned and surely he should be tagged to ensure he never owns or carries a gun in the future. Any 17 year old wanting to traveling into that situation with that rifle needs watching in my opinion…..

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Indeed, but as my point his mindset must be questioned and surely he should be tagged to ensure he never owns or carries a gun in the future. Any 17 year old wanting to traveling into that situation with that rifle needs watching in my opinion…..

Agreed Indy - He may indeed of been found 'not guilty' according to the US 'law' but in this country at least he would need to be on a watch list and needs help!  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

I haven't read everything about the case but from what little Ive seen it appears that the prosecution went all out on murder 1. Looking at the evidence this was unlikely to stick but they might have got a conviction on some lesser charge. I can't  say I was surprised by the verdict just as I wasnt by the verdict in the O.J.Simpson case but as I said earlier, juries hear all the evidence and the decision is theirs.

Edited by ricardo

4 hours ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Obviously not what the jury thought! 

You know, the one that the prosecutor and defense gets to agree or disagree with during the selection process. 

You know that is no accurate.They have a certain amount of choices not endless. There is very little agreement between them. They just settle for the least problem.

And you also know that witnesses are questioned by lawyers and the questions asked are not always pertinent but bent towards either defense or prosecution.

And if you really, really believe that you can just dismiss this as its up to the US how they control arms then you are hiding the truth.

Rittenhouse took a field weapon, an attack weapon, a military weapon onto the streets not to defend property but to threaten protesters. I have no time for violent protesters who initiate damage. I sympathise with protesters if they are attacked themselves or threatened.

I believe I am right in saying that virtually all protesters carries no "offensive" weapons. But I am confident in saying that all those "protecting" the gas station were carrying arms of some sort, most of them attack weapons.

I don't know whether you have ever fired or owned an attack rifle? I have. In NZ it was quite easy to buy an ex military rifle to go shooting with. I bought one and several of us used to go shooting. At first it was just targets. Eventually it became rabbits or possum which were considered vermin and the state were happy to be shot. I know it was only smaller animals but the power over life and death, not for the sport but for the ridding of vermin, is a powerful thing and after the first time, I had little remorse for what I was doing. It was only until a misfire and the rabbit ran away that I realised I wasn't enjoying it that I stopped doing it and sold the rifle.

I am positive that Rittenhouse set out to shoot people. He shot three and killed two of those. He had no remorse after the first killing and carried on. He was enjoying what he was doing.

I don't know whether you are defending Rittenhouse's rights or morals or whether you have a right wing attitude that says you agree with the way Trump was inciting sections of the US public after other sections sought to protest after they witnessed the murder of George Floyd.

• Like 2