Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Final stages of revamping crest…

26 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Most intrigued by the word ‘zhuzh’, brilliant……  Much better than zhoosh!

Ged in there! Now you, too, are part of the revozhuzhon

www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/zhuzh-zhoosh-queer-eye-origin-kressley  Apparently alt spellings. Don’t have time for tzhuj. Appropriate origin story given rainbow laces week, too

• Like 1

Those voting in our poll seem to like it.

https://preview.apester.com/media/619cfd44aeb6f0002a225de0?src=link

My old art teacher always told me thick black outlines had no place anywhere.

Some interesting comments from neutrals including "Are Norwich the first club in a long time to get a new badge right?" and someone even commenting that the addition of a lion was a nice touch which just shows how awful the old lion looked.

1 minute ago, Pete Raven said:

how awful the old lion looked.

Cor.. hark at you crowing over this, Mr Raven. Talk about blackening your name.

Get the new lion facing us again & I’ll sign up

13 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ged in there! Now you, too, are part of the revozhuzhon

www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/zhuzh-zhoosh-queer-eye-origin-kressley  Apparently alt spellings. Don’t have time for tzhuj. Appropriate origin story given rainbow laces week, too

Well I never knew there was a back story to that!    Very appropriate!  

• Like 1

May be an image of text that says 'OUR APPROACH 1. Canvassing opinion 2. Working group 3. Focus groups 4. Design process 5. Presentation'

The views of supporters of all ages were sought externally, with 5,000 supporters responding to a questionnaire, as well as internally from academy players through to captain Grant Hanley, striker Teemu Pukki and joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones.

Anybody got knowledge of stages 1, 2 and 3 or were involved in taking part with 5,0000 others in answering this questionaire ?

Edited by TIL 1010

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

May be an image of text that says 'OUR APPROACH 1. Canvassing opinion 2. Working group 3. Focus groups 4. Design process 5. Presentation'

The views of supporters of all ages were sought externally, with 5,000 supporters responding to a questionnaire, as well as internally from academy players through to captain Grant Hanley, striker Teemu Pukki and joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones.

Anybody got knowledge of stages 1, 2 and 3 or were involved in taking part with 5,0000 others in answering this questionaire ?

I remember doing the questionnaire. It wasn't presented explicitly as being about the crest, but it asked questions such as "what do you think of when you think of NCFC" with answers such as "canary, ball, castle, lion". I presume those answers were taken into account when they kept the castle and lion on the badge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I remember doing the questionnaire. It wasn't presented explicitly as being about the crest, but it asked questions such as "what do you think of when you think of NCFC" with answers such as "canary, ball, castle, lion". I presume those answers were taken into account when they kept the castle and lion on the badge.

Well if that was the case Robert with this new badge representing part of our history and heritage it should in my view have received much more prominence than being thinly veiled as consultation which it appears the club are hiding behind.

With the clubs most recent atrocious survey sent out regarding season tickets and membership i dread to think what that will come up with for 2022/2023. If you recall it asked if you were a season ticket holder followed by have you a home membership and if you answered no it then asked why not ?

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well if that was the case Robert with this new badge representing part of our history and heritage it should in my view have received much more prominence than being thinly veiled as consultation which it appears the club are hiding behind.

Yes, I think that's probably fair. I think the trouble is that a large number of fans would not have accepted that the badge needed changing at all, which would have skewed responses. It's not a bad idea to find out people's unconscious views on the badge without couching it in the language of change, but having done that, they could probably have been more open about the process. It would be very interesting to hear from anyone who was on one of the focus groups, for instance.

For what it's worth, I like the new badge and look forward to it being on new merchandise and offers. Respectful of the old badge and makes improvements to the lion etc. Also easier to replicate on smaller items etc.

Embrace and move on....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you recall it asked if you were a season ticket holder followed by have you a home membership and if you answered no it then asked why not ?

But that's a valid question, is it not?  Home members get priority over season ticket holders if tickets go on general sale unless I'm mistaken?  I accept that the vast majority of season ticket holders probably have no reason to purchase other tickets, but I'm sure some do.

If you have ideas on how memberships can be improved, I'm sure the club would be happy to listen.

In regards to the survey for the badge, I remember being asked questions as mentioned above.  The OSP were also part of a focus group (not specifically related to the badge), and then invited to the presentation a couple of months ago where we were presented with the whole idea surrounding Project 50 and a version of the final crest (not sure if it was definitely the one released yesterday, but it was near enough).  There are sound and logical reasons for what the club have done here, and personally I think it's unfair to write this all off as a nonsense.

18 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

But that's a valid question, is it not?  Home members get priority over season ticket holders if tickets go on general sale unless I'm mistaken?  I accept that the vast majority of season ticket holders probably have no reason to purchase other tickets, but I'm sure some do.

If you have ideas on how memberships can be improved, I'm sure the club would be happy to listen.

In regards to the survey for the badge, I remember being asked questions as mentioned above.  The OSP were also part of a focus group (not specifically related to the badge), and then invited to the presentation a couple of months ago where we were presented with the whole idea surrounding Project 50 and a version of the final crest (not sure if it was definitely the one released yesterday, but it was near enough).  There are sound and logical reasons for what the club have done here, and personally I think it's unfair to write this all off as a nonsense.

Please don't defend that abysmal questionaire sent out with regard to season ticket holders and membership as it asked a few short questions and no ability to make any comments you may have had. It took literally 30 seconds to complete and did not ask one single question that the club did not already hold on your customer account.

As for the presentation on the badge you were shown virtually the finished article and then were sworn to keep it confidential. Hardly sitting around the table representing the fans that put you in office now is it unless of course you can tell me the point of that particular exercise ?

With regard to the club being happy to listen that was what you were elected to do, act on behalf of the fans and where have i said it is a nonsense ? I hope you have gauged the reactions to this new badge because i see it as a very small minority in favour of it being necessary or justifiable in expense. That is before we discuss the badge itself.

Edited by TIL 1010

15 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

@ncfcstar makes the point, yes the OSP were part of the consultation process via a presentation, and also right at our beginning we took part in a focus group which touched on all the points in the questionnaire as already mentioned around what the club stands for etc. When we had the presentation made to us, we were able to see how the new crest performed on all digital media (including the digital signage in the stadium, and for the minor enhancements the difference was night and day.

We live in a digital world and we have to move with the times, we have retained the crest with minor adjustments / improvements (subjective) ? that's the rationale for the change,it is logical and not to upset supporters by introducing change for change sake, hopefully we won't have this debate for another 50 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

a very small minority in favour of it being necessary

But it is necessary. The club has explained why: it's not a matter of opinion. If you don't like the new version, fair enough, but those using the old one all agreed it was no longer fit for purpose. I know it's out of fashion at the moment, but sometimes the experts know what they're talking about.

Should there have been more consultation on the choice of new crest? For sure. I would not have been against a shortlist of new options being put to a public vote, for instance. But the central issue of "should there be a change" was correctly not up for debate by people with no knowledge of branding issues.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

When we had the presentation made to us, we were able to see how the new crest performed on all digital media (including the digital signage in the stadium, and for the minor enhancements the difference was night and day.

Very helpful response, cheers. I think it would be great for this presentation to be made public now, to help people understand why the change was necessary

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Please don't defend that abysmal questionaire sent out with regard to season ticket holders and membership as it asked a few short questions and no ability to make any comments you may have had. It took literally 30 seconds to complete and did not ask one single question that the club did not already hold on your customer account.

As for the presentation on the badge you were shown virtually the finished article and then were sworn to keep it confidential. Hardly sitting around the table representing the fans that put you in office now is it unless of course you can tell me the point of that particular exercise ?

With regard to the club being happy to listen that was what you were elected to do, act on behalf of the fans and where have i said it is a nonsense ? I hope you have gauged the reactions to this new badge because i see it as a very small minority in favour of it being necessary or justifiable in expense. That is before we discuss the badge itself.

@TIL 1010 think that's unfair, probably what wasn't clear is that when we "sat round the table" there was representations from other fan groups as well as us. So a large group of people not a small minority, we were asked to keep it confidential (not unreasonable from the club to ask that, as final decision on how and when it would be launched had not been agreed). The question of it being a justifiable expense is something as a shareholder (which you are) might want to raise at the next opportunity. 

18 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Still no reply who is paying for the alterations needed to my tattoo

We could start a crowdfunding page, or if it is old like mine the colours will have faded and look crap anyway.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

We can go back and forth on that questionnaire, I accept it was limited but I'm sure the club had a reason for that.  That doesn't prevent you from sharing your thoughts with the club, and neither does the existence of the OSP.

As @Lessingham Canary points out, the presentation was made to us and a variety of other fan groups/interested parties where we were able to provide feedback on our own personal thoughts as representatives of a broad spectrum of the fan base.  I don't really want to get into the whys and why nots of decision making/design around the badge, but a camel is a horse designed by committee so I completely understand why the club went about it the way they did.

As you are well aware we do collate the thoughts of fans before our meetings, but as had also been pointed out previously the club have their own items which they add to the agenda.  From what I can see there are positive and negative reactions to the badge change, which was always going to be the case.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

But it is necessary. The club has explained why: it's not a matter of opinion. If you don't like the new version, fair enough, but those using the old one all agreed it was no longer fit for purpose. I know it's out of fashion at the moment, but sometimes the experts know what they're talking about.

I think it defo needed an update; the old lion was awful from the moment it was created. And if they were going to change that, they might as well freshen up the whole thing and make it fit for the media age we now live in. I like it. The canary has now got a bit about him. 

21 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Should there have been more consultation on the choice of new crest? For sure. I would not have been against a shortlist of new options being put to a public vote, for instance. 

Agree with this - changing the badge is a huge deal for any football club and it would have been more inclusive if all fans were given some kind of say. However, whatever the club did, some were always going to be unhappy. That's life!

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

28 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Very helpful response, cheers. I think it would be great for this presentation to be made public now, to help people understand why the change was necessary

Agree with you Robert and i would like to know which other supporters groups were involved to gauge who exactly were there representing their membership.

6 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Is there sufficient room in the crest to put a yo-yo and string in the Canary's beak?......

Our new canary - Maximus to his friends - doesn't indulge in child's games. C0ck fighting is his thing.

OTBC

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Our new canary - Maximus to his friends - doesn't indulge in child's games. C0ck fighting is his thing.

OTBC

Ok how a about a rice flail in the bird's beak then?......

58 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

We could start a crowdfunding page, or if it is old like mine the colours will have faded and look crap anyway.

Latest one is only 18 months old so feel cheated ☺️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Yes, I think that's probably fair. I think the trouble is that a large number of fans would not have accepted that the badge needed changing at all, which would have skewed responses. It's not a bad idea to find out people's unconscious views on the badge without couching it in the language of change, but having done that, they could probably have been more open about the process. It would be very interesting to hear from anyone who was on one of the focus groups, for instance.

Agreed. It kinda became apparent doing the survey that it was really about the badge on the sly.. some of us answered accordingly 👍🏼

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Agree with you Robert and i would like to know which other supporters groups were involved to gauge who exactly were there representing their membership.

TNC/Talk Norwich City were involved I know that much

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

TNC/Talk Norwich City AKA Fan of the season, were involved I know that much

Corrected that for you

Edited by Greavsy