Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Final stages of revamping crest…

As someone who was outspoken at being opposed to this - I have to say I don't mind it. 

But I just don't see the point. How much has this cost the club to be designed? The changes are minor in overall grand scheme of things. It's not going to make us any more recognisable. No one will look at the new badge and think we're any more modern or different to what we were before.

It seems like money down the toilet for no good reason. Think of how many badges there are at Colney, Carrow Road and around the city. It's going to cost a small fortune to change them all - and for this? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But they did ask fans, claims TNC. Had a big consultation

Which is odd given I can't find a single person who says they were asked. Serously, just have a season ticket holder poll or something

Who would own up to being involved with this shambles?

51 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Not sure about the canary. He looks a bit stern. Cold. He might well be a bit of a c*nt

This is exactly what we need to survive in the PL.

• Like 1

First thought was wtf that’s **** but it’s grown on me…

+ retro look

+ simple design

+ improved lion 

+ stays true to the original 

+ like the illusion of how the foot blends in with the ball 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It seems like money down the toilet for no good reason. Think of how many badges there are at Colney, Carrow Road and around the city. It's going to cost a small fortune to change them all - and for this? 

This was my first thought.

Although I reckon they new it would be unpopular.

First action of Tom Smith when he becomes majority shareholder? Order for return of old more popular badge, instant goodwill points from fans. 

Apparently no-one on this board can read which isn't surprising, they explained why the crest was changed so it wasn't "unnecessary". I for one like that it's an evolution of the original and not a complete change like other clubs.

6 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

First thought was wtf that’s **** but it’s grown on me…

+ retro look

+ simple design

+ improved lion 

+ stays true to the original 

+ like the illusion of how the foot blends in with the ball 

Yeah, I'm warming to it a bit. The canary's head is the problem, not sure why they went for that cut-out when the original line is so clean. Put your finger over the head and the rest of the canary is great, especially, as you say, the illusion of the feet, which is really clever

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

It’s screw up after screw up off the field

something has to be done about it 

Shock 

Just now, SFCanary said:

Apparently no-one on this board can read which isn't surprising, they explained why the crest was changed so it wasn't "unnecessary". I for one like that it's an evolution of the original and not a complete change like other clubs.

I can read. That what they said was the usual corporation crap.

As someone in the marketing and communications world, it doesn’t surprise me that this has been done. Centre-aligning and simplifying brand architecture makes it much easier to build further assets upon it.

I’m not too much against the new logo, except for the ball… seems a bit of a bland circle. I’d have preferred it if the ball mirrored the two lines on the canaries wing, to make it look like an old football and feel more connected. I’d jump on photoshop to mock it up, if it people were bothered and if I wouldn’t get a ‘cease and desist’ notice for infringement. 😄

Edited by Robornio

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Original looks so much better(?!), it even looks more modern than this new one to me.  I think i'm broken lol

image.png.2d1333d0dabc0daae50d0a7e8a09a5c6.png

There seem to be a couple of extra windows in the castle.

I hope Historic England were consulted, because I'm sure it's Grade 1 listed and you don't want to f*ck with that lot.

48 minutes ago, Robornio said:

Centre-aligning [...] makes it much easier to build further assets upon it.

As in, it makes it easier to replicate? On a purely design level, moving the ball to the centre makes it look unbalanced to me: to my untrained eye the canary on the right balanced the castle and lion on the left. 

39 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

There seem to be a couple of extra windows in the castle.

I hope Historic England were consulted, because I'm sure it's Grade 1 listed and you don't want to f*ck with that lot.

Extra ventilation for Covid compliance. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

As someone who was outspoken at being opposed to this - I have to say I don't mind it. 

But I just don't see the point. How much has this cost the club to be designed? The changes are minor in overall grand scheme of things. It's not going to make us any more recognisable. No one will look at the new badge and think we're any more modern or different to what we were before.

Exactly my thoughts.

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

With the ball now being central its almost as if the bird is leaning too far to the right hand side to fill the crest.

It looks more and more blatantly obvious and wrong everytime I look at it.

Same!

There was a reason the ball was off-centre! But read the article on the Pink Un trying to justify this change and they describe it as a "technical issue" with the current/previous design, which is absolutely ridiculous. How the hell does the ball being off-centre cause any technical challenges 😂

Edited by alex_ncfc

I actually like it and get why they want to update it. But there's something not quite right with the canary tail. It's too short!

It needs a small addition like this... makes it more balanced.

Polish_20211123_233928569.jpg

• Like 1

On 19/11/2021 at 18:50, cambridgeshire canary said:

Krul-Norwich.jpg

As I have said I'm pretty sure it's this.

This aged well 

13 hours ago, SFCanary said:

I for one like that it's an evolution of the original and not a complete change like other clubs.

Ditto & it shows they do (sometimes)  know their crowd

Main gripe for me would be not the ball.. or the recentering.. or the number of windows but …the lion,

fine to zhuzh it up but why face backwards.. losing touch with replication of the city’s arms (& Norfolk & England arms).

Again it may be for visual balance (bird look right, cat look left) or symbolic balance (leftwards = back in time = link to civic history; rightwards = canary into the future = progressive club)

Edited by GenerationA47

22 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ditto & it shows they do (sometimes)  know their crowd

Main gripe for me would be not the ball.. or the recentering.. or the number of windows but …the lion,

fine to zhuzh it up but why face backwards.. losing touch with replication of the city’s arms (& Norfolk & England arms).

Again it may be for visual balance (bird look right, cat look left) or symbolic balance (leftwards = back in time = link to civic history; rightwards = canary into the future = progressive club)

Most intrigued by the word ‘zhuzh’, brilliant……  Much better than zhoosh!

9 hours ago, Hickers said:

I actually like it and get why they want to update it. But there's something not quite right with the canary tail. It's too short!

It needs a small addition like this... makes it more balanced.

Polish_20211123_233928569.jpg

Totally agree. Although I do prefer the old crest, this one is growing on me. But tail too short and looks off balance. Looks more like a yellow pigeon. Maybe if the legs were straight up or something, I don't know, but they look too far back and its off balance.