Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Final stages of revamping crest…

There have been worse changes, but it's not actually an improvement and it was probably unnecessary to begin with. The old crest didn't look outdated.

• Like 2

The canary is leaning far too forward, looks like its going to topple over...it's a sign of things to come...Smurf out! 🤣

Apples

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Original looks so much better(?!), it even looks more modern than this new one to me.  I think i'm broken lol

image.png.2d1333d0dabc0daae50d0a7e8a09a5c6.png

This. It's absurd. The original looks WAY more modern, weird lion excepted. The new one looks like something a 6-year-old could design on Paint. 

And in the original, the Canary is cute, happy, relaxed, merrily chirping away. In the new one, it's serious and bordering on angry. It's bizarre!

Listening to Radio Norfolk at the moment, bizarrely there is a program on about it. What's all this nonsense I keep hearing about the club have redesigned it "so that they own it and can make money from it" etc. The club owns the current badge!

Also, it just looks so cheap and nasty - not modern at all. I actually have just been looking at it in the post above next to the current badge, and it actually looks worse with the ball centred. The layout of the current/previous badge is perfectly divided up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TESCO said:

They need to ask some actual fans. Have a vote or something similar 

But they did ask fans, claims TNC. Had a big consultation

Which is odd given I can't find a single person who says they were asked. Serously, just have a season ticket holder poll or something

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But they did ask fans, claims TNC. Had a big consultation

Which is odd given I can't find a single person who says they were asked. Serously, just have a season ticket holder poll or something

The views of supporters of all ages were sought externally, with 5,000 supporters responding to a questionnaire, as well as internally from academy players through to captain Grant Hanley, striker Teemu Pukki and joint majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones.

27 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

More modern I would say but hardly ground breaking?! Wonder how much they paid out for that? 

Exactly. Was it worth the bother?

I had really low expectations so ultimately I don't hate it, but it is kind of unnecessary.

But I'm glad they didn't go full Juventus on us - now there was an abysmal badge redesign.