Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Final stages of revamping crest…

I think it makes sense. The lion looks like a lion instead of Bart Simpson’s ghost. 

The canary is cleaner and overall modernised.

It’s not a drastic overhaul but at least it keeps who we are rather than some overpaid graphic design ****house project.

• Haha 1

Yeah, nowt dramatic, the canary has a shorter tail, the lion looks closer to that on the City's crest and looks fiercer, the castle has grown.  The ball still however has no discernible modernity about it. 

I can live with it.

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Yeah the actual canary is the worst bit by far IMO.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I was all for updating it, but the canary looks a real mess. Feels like a missed opportunity

Agree. It's the main part but the simplified version just looks a bit cheap.

If a user put that up, most of us would probably laugh.  It's the fact that we have to go with it, that you start accepting it easier I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's the lack of a black outline that makes it look.. odd

Well think of the printing and transfer costs they'll be saving, they only need a yellow base layer and whack a green transfer on everything now.  I'd imagine that was a large part of the design brief.

• Haha 2

Hmmm. The lion is a lot better. The castle is still a castle.

Not sure about the canary. He looks a bit stern. Cold. He might well be a bit of a c*nt. Probably chin you if you looked at his hen the wrong way.

OTBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just see the premiership lion and think of Barclays when I see it - I don't see "Us" there, which is more important than how it looks, really.

spacer.png

It's hard to describe.

It looks like a fake badge from a dodgy shirt you could pick up on a market for 15 Turkish Lira after bartering.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

I normally hate change for change's sake. I suspect I'm not alone looking above. And although my gut reaction is I don't like the lack of outline and the change to the canary, I expected to hate it and I don't. 

Lion and Castle are clearly good. I'm not used to it yet, but I think I'll become fine with it. 

pretty inoffensive update... we should have kept the black outline I think.

It looks like it's just a far easier logo for mass production which is one of the things we have to accept if we want to compete on a global level in the top tier.

Really believe this is to cut down costs on producing merch the more I look at it.  It's yelling out for that black border on the outside.

• Like 2

The Original one looks so much better and sharper. The new one looks like someone has had excess Rola Cola when playing with the Magna Doodle and Etch a Sketch. Two years and a consultation wasted.