Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Final stages of revamping crest…

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

I've heard a hammer and sickle instead of the castle/lion combo.

A descending soufflé and glass of wine rampant.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, priceyrice said:

Any idea what the reason is behind needing a change? 

Because CAD has improved since the 1970s.

In the post truth era I see nothing wrong with a genetically modified giant canary on a football, reality is of course it's a normal size one standing on a tennis ball. 

Edited by Van wink

1 hour ago, Lessingham Canary said:

We thought the use of a shire horse was a touch genius, think we will grow to love it 😉

I am reading between the lines here Lessingham and cannot wait to hear what the OSP are shown as the finished article for the 22/23 membership scheme under the guise ' we consulted with the fans '. 😜

1 hour ago, Lessingham Canary said:

We thought the use of a shire horse was a touch genius, think we will grow to love it 😉

It looks more like a white elephant than a shire horse to me. 

• Haha 1

The latest today from Archant is..........and anybody know who was consulted in this ' extensive consultation ' ?

The Carrow Road-based club reportedly undertook an extensive consultation on the badge to modernise it. 

But after a bumpy time in the Premier League plans were put on hold. 

It is believed, however, that a new crest is planned to be featured from next season.

Edited by TIL 1010

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/canaries-crest-designer-on-potential-new-logo-8509832

Includes 3 terrible design examples which look like they were knocked up on Microsoft Paint.

I've yet to see one person on here or Twitter who wants a change with the badge. I was reading an article about it yesterday which suggest the current badge has "several problems from a marketing point of view" - what a load of nonsense. Any change made would just be for changes sake. 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The latest today from Archant is..........and anybody know who was consulted in this ' extensive consultation ' ?

The Carrow Road-based club reportedly undertook an extensive consultation on the badge to modernise it. 

But after a bumpy time in the Premier League plans were put on hold. 

It is believed, however, that a new crest is planned to be featured from next season.

The words 'reportedly undertook' suggests that the EDP agrees with it about as much as we do and of course it joins the great pantheon of recent consultations on BK8, Membership Schemes, Home Casual Charges etc.

Still there is an AGM on Thursday.

I don't mind the 'modern' style crest that was used on the kits, and if its only on the training gear and third kit it still gives everyone the choice of it they want to use it or not. The club crest is a big part of our history, not much need to change it that much

30 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/canaries-crest-designer-on-potential-new-logo-8509832

Includes 3 terrible design examples which look like they were knocked up on Microsoft Paint.

I've yet to see one person on here or Twitter who wants a change with the badge. I was reading an article about it yesterday which suggest the current badge has "several problems from a marketing point of view" - what a load of nonsense. Any change made would just be for changes sake. 

I do, and others have said the same. It is basically a good design but some of the detail, on the ball, particularly, is just amateurish. The idea that it cannot be improved is nonsense. When this came up several months ago there were some suggested designs from posters that were better, while keeping roughly to the overall concept.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

I'm very happy with the badge being updated. The club makes a good case for it here: https://tickets.canaries.co.uk/assets/Project50.html

51 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Krul-Norwich.jpg

The bottom one is pretty much this. So this confirmed?

They cast some pretty heavy shade on the designer of the current badge: 'Our current illustration doesn't adequately resemble a lion'; 'The ball does not sit in the middle'. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting the shield is still in this mind..

Good, hopefully the shield is still included. Don't want one of those naff circle logos. 

26 minutes ago, Hackney Canary said:

They cast some pretty heavy shade on the designer of the current badge: 'Our current illustration doesn't adequately resemble a lion'; 'The ball does not sit in the middle'. 

Didn't they only pay him a tenner?

I'd be interested to know from the longer-serving fans on this board about what the reaction was to updating the crest in 1972. It was a pretty radical redesign: what did people think of it at the time?

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I'd be interested to know from the longer-serving fans on this board about what the reaction was to updating the crest in 1972. It was a pretty radical redesign: what did people think of it at the time?

MFW-290320.png

Always makes me think of West Brom..