Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Final stages of revamping crest…

Wtf! I thought Ma****er had fallen out of favour as the “leak” Webber would say stuff to? 

This has been very hush hush.. I reckon it’ll be an angrier looking canary and we’ll be rebranded ‘Norwich City Canaries’ for a global sales push 😂, it’s the incremental gains remember…

Haha, I heard this was being worked on, had put some hints down in previous posts but thought it was BS to be honest.  😉 

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Krul-Norwich.jpg

As I have said I'm pretty sure it's this.

Won’t lie, bit lazy if it is. I’d rather see a full revamp. Go big or go home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd be happy if it's the badge on the training top for 2 reasons. Firstly I like it, nice and simplistic. Secondly that's what my Norwich tattoo is as I thought having all that green in a tattoo was garish. 

• Like 2

The current NCFC badge is timeless. Looks great, no text required, you could show it to anyone and they'd know which team it was.

There is no need to mess with it. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

The current NCFC badge is timeless. Looks great, no text required, you could show it to anyone and they'd know which team it was.

I don't know the Scooby Doo Ghost lion has always looked a tad silly

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

Spot on. I believe it's one of the only badges without a the team or initials name on it as well. 

It stands out 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

100%!

One of my pet hates is when its assumed that things have to be revamped! - Great badge design no need to change it!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Odd. He speaks very highly of you . 

Couldn’t care less what he thinks of me 

13 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Won’t lie, bit lazy if it is. I’d rather see a full revamp. Go big or go home. 

I'd choose go home if that were my choice.

You shouldn't give up over 100 years of heritage and change something that doesn't need changing. Our badge is already simple, 100% recognisable to any football fan and represents both the club and the city in its current form.

I could just about accept it just becoming the Canary on the ball as in the training kit. But even that seems so unnecessary to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

Sorry didn't see this post before I posted mine. You're absolutely spot on 👍 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You shouldn't give up over 100 years of heritage and change something that doesn't need changing

The current badge was designed in the 70s

• Like 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

The current badge was designed in the 70s

I didn't say the badge was a hundred years old, I said it involved over a hundred years of heritage. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'd be happy if it's the badge on the training top for 2 reasons. Firstly I like it, nice and simplistic. Secondly that's what my Norwich tattoo is as I thought having all that green in a tattoo was garish. 

Hi Onel! Great to have you on the board. Hope you've found a decent Argos in the North East

Are the SCG aware of this @Feedthewolf ? Just to add something else to your list 😁  If the club have decided this is happening it would be nice if their were a few options and they were voted on, seems the fairest way to me.

Edited by FenwayFrank

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

I didn't say the badge was a hundred years old, I said it involved over a hundred years of heritage. 

I don't think a major overhaul is planned. Sounds like they're getting rid of the castle and the lion. In other words, going back to just a canary, as it was before the badge change in the 70s. 

Personally I think the version on the training kit is great. Looks much more modern, but also connects closely to the past. Also much more versatile than the shield shape. I'd be really happy if that's what they go for 

The basic design is good, but not perfect in detail, and as photo-shopping posters showed here a while ago there are obvious improvements that could be made while keeping to that overall design.

The training kit one looks cleaner and there should be synergy with the playing kit. Maybe have the bird facing the other way for a change.

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Take it it's in plans to be the simplified version without the castle and lion then?

Hope they at least ask us first.

I understand from my source inside the club that the new base will feature a canary rogering a horse

Altering all the signage in and around the club will not come cheap ( sorry for the pun ) and i would have thought the money could be better spent on the numerous upgrades that are required on refreshment kiosks and toilets for a start.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

I understand from my source inside the club that the new base will feature a canary rogering a horse

I've heard a hammer and sickle instead of the castle/lion combo.

• Haha 1